Are you on MySpace

Silent

If you don't know what MySpace is, it's a very popular web blog, everyone and there mom is on it. So I thought I'd ask if any of you are? I am, that's were I met my beautiful girlfriend.

MySpace

If you want to see my page just clicky on mypage link down below mate

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No Myspace, all my family is on the blogsot, so I am on that one instead

I haven't posted in a couple of days though

http://shipwreckjohn.blogspot.com/

There be the link.

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

You just have to be careful about what you post, and for safety reasons I don't think anyone under a certain age should be able to post at all. There was a news story recently about perverts stalking underage girls via myspace.

As with anything you do on the internet you must use yer head.

Speaking of idenity theft....how about those lovely checks that credit card companys send that anyone mailbox diving could use?

You just have to be careful about what you post, and for safety reasons I don't think anyone under a certain age should be able to post at all. There was a news story recently about perverts stalking underage girls via myspace.

As with anything you do on the internet you must use yer head.

They just dropped the sign up age from 16 to 14 I believe. Scary thing is that I know of a couple of Elementary aged kids and Jr Highers on there.

I'm on several boards for the schools in my area. This is a big issue and things are going to start cracking down. If your an investor in myspace, sell your stock now. The mommies are on the war path.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 4 weeks later...
Question, how do you find out who's looking at your profile? It shows how many views, but how do you know who they are? I've heard there is a way to check, but waiting for that answer. :ph34r:

I know of one way, though there are surely other similar programs to this one. Go here: http://www.statcounter.com/how_it_works.html

...and sign up for that free program. I used it on a message board I modded at, as well as on my Live Journal Page and my website. It will tell you not only how many visitors have logged on to your page, but also what countries they are logging from (through the base of their ISP and IP# actually), and also if you cared to monitor this, what search engines they used to find your page, and from where they linked over to your page from (such as if they clicked the link you have in your profile here, for instance).

Now that I think of it, Stat Counter will not tell you the user names of those who visit your site, but only their IP numbers. In the free version, that is. There are also paid versions which have much better features, so you'd have to look into that to see what further descriptive info they will provide you.

P.S. Arrrrrr. :ph34r: