Do you have a beard?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a beard?

• Yes
    • No
    • Off and on
    • I like a man with a beard
    • I don't like a man with a beard

I've had a beard since my days in University.

The car I had at the time was an old English Ford Cortina (1969) that my father and I restored. Unfortunately, it still had mostly the Lucus electrical system. So I was having problems. It was getting into November. I also had a motorcycle. Due to the problems, I had to continue riding the bike. Since my helmet was open face (used it for car racing), my face was getting rather chilly. Grew the beard to help, and desided to keep it.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

I've had a goatee for the majority of the last ten years or so. I also shave it off every year or so to remind meself what I look like.

Unfortunately, right now I'm in a stage show and HAD to shave it off... kept me mustachio however. It's definately been a decade since I had to shave every morning with a razor... gots me a bit of razor burn I does. Ouch.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

• 1 year later...

Ah, a conundrum.

Up close and personal - no facial hair. My skin is too sensitive! :lol:

If I'm not going to be touched (ah, I am sure this is going to go downhill later in the thread... :lol: ) - beard and mustache definitely complete the look, without a doubt.

Matter of fact, at PiP last year, my husband was put on "Probationary" Pirate status, owing to his lack of a hat (I had my tricorn) and clean shaven countenance (as I require), pending his return in 2007 with at least a week's growth. :lol: Gawd, that night was a blast. :lol::lol:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Ah, a conundrum.

Up close and personal - no facial hair. My skin is too sensitive! 

If I'm not going to be touched (ah, I am sure this is going to go downhill later in the thread...  :D ) - beard and mustache definitely complete the look, without a doubt.

Oi! Mary Diamond, ye do know now that every pirate wit' any bit o' facial hair, will be stalkin' ye!

What I don't like is that middle ground, not really clean shaven but not really bearded. That stage where a guys face is all prickly. Ouch.

But other wise, clean shaven looks good on some people while a goatee is nice on others & still others look best with a nice full beard or even just a mustache. I have a friend with a long beard in dreadlocks. It fits him perfectly but would look rediculous on anyone else.

So you see, it's really an individual thing. Variety I say!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

B) Great Poll!

I am on the other hand a lady that likes smooth shaven faces on me menfolk...however...I do like the five o clock shawdow (or one day not shaving) raw sexiness. I love to rub against that!!!

How about a poll about Men's hair length? I know alot of pyrates out there sport long hair, even if they do tie it back.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Hmm.. to answer this.

I like either..facial hair suits certain men turning them into sexy rogues.

Some exciting with the clean shaven look. Although the slightly scruffy thing 1 or 2 day beard woagh..

Depends..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I like the scruff as well, aside from the itchiness it makes most guys look dark, dangerous...sexy.

Beards are cool too...as long as they have a 'stache to go with it. I like em well kept. :)

I know this is a beard thread, but someone did mention sideburns. I LOVE sideburns. It might have been The Blues Brothers that started it for me.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...