Pirate Christmas gifts you got

oderlesseye

Mission, you necromancer you... raising old threads from the dead...

I did get something piratey... a pair of skull n xbones fleece pants for sleepin' in. Oh! And a really, really nice skull n xbones mug that was made in Germany. It is really light, feels like fine china as opposed to some of the more clunky coffee mugs I have.

The coolest thing I gave? Either the $100 worth of fancy tea from Harney & Sons or the blu-ray copy of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but of which were presents to the missus.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 11 months later...

My Christmas gift from Shay:

gallery_1929_27_583359.jpg

This is a medium bone saw (which fills a hole in my collection) that was created by her son Commodore Swab (Chad) using only this page (and information provided by the website site owner) as a reference. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It's beautiful work. (He modified the handle a little so it makes more sense.)

I also got some cautery irons, which will add a new wrinkle to my presentation. ^_^

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow he's multi-talented, not only guns and cannons but great looking surgical equipment too!

Very nice...

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

got a book of pirate cartoons by dan piraro, a government manual for new pirates by brozik and weinstein ( a light hearted book of pirate do's and don'ts ) and a HUGE book by steve brennan " the gigantic book of pirate stories " .... a quick glance showed that many period exerps (sp?) are used, so hopefuly it won't be full of misleading crap :)

I got this 1750 pair of chart reading dividers (which are extremely similar if not the same as a pair found on the Whydah):

dividers.jpg

And I got this Set of Nesting Troy weights (also similar to a set found on the Whydah and the Queen Annes Revenge):

troy.jpg

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

I got Lost Treasures of the Pirates of the Caribbean by James A. Owen and Jeremy Owen. My niece, nephew, and sister gave it to me, and it appears to be a children's nonfiction book. I'm afraid to read it for fear of a possible lack of accuracy. :lol: