Pirate Christmas gifts you got

oderlesseye

Eyes went to the desert and we found this.. Chistmas day.

link

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Who got fun pirate stuff?

I didn't. I didn't ask for any this year. I did get some cool dvds - Forbidden Planet and Life of Brian top that list - and GURPS Magic (a roleplaying game book). Probably the best things I gave were the movie Serenity and the soundtrack to the tv show Firefly. Gave those to my wife. She really enjoyed them.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

When I was a kid I gave my father a tusken raider figure. He didn't really enjoy that.

I got an iPod, an FM transmitter for it and a Darth Vader head toilet brush thing that I don't quite know what to do with. (My sister made it using a cookie jar.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I got lots o' swag... but I am only going to list the pirate-related items here...

DVD: "Captain Blood" starring Errol Flynn (watched it this morning before anyone else woke up. What an EXCELLENT movie! Now if I can somehow convince my kids into watching a 70-year-old film...)

Pirate rapier (Thanks Dad!)

The very piratey "Puffy Shirt" (from Seinfeld... see separate topic thread) -- I don't have it yet, as International Male is out of stock... I got a home-made printed coupon from my son, and am awaiting delivery.

Also got a digital camera and photo printer and 7 Marx Brothers movies on DVD and a Warhammer 40K starter set and some more DVDs and books... but none of that is pyratical, so I won't bore you.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I gots a bitchen (nice dated word there for ya) Pirate lamp fer me room, a reclyning pirate bottle (O rum) holder! Guinness boxers! Huzzah! (oh oh I fear a new thread or survey, boxers, skivies, ballhuggers or floss) A bath rug travel mugs for me new (used) van. My room almost done and all the love one man can ever hope ta find.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Great Christmas......good to have the family together in one room again.

Got a digital camera from my First Mate

A fine bottle of Victorian Claret from my youngest daughter.

A beautiful seascape painting from my youngest son.

and various other tid bits but ordered a reproduction(non-firing) Italian caplock for myself.

italiancaplock250.jpg

Fair Winds and Happy Holidays

Joe(KP)pirateflag1.gif

Christmas gift? For me? :lol:

Okay, now that I've stopped laughing...

To be fair, my husband got me a pretty huge combination birthday and Christmas gift - a new computer.

Oh yeah, and my mother, who doesn't care much for my appearance, especially my hair, got me a book on beauty and a bunch of hairbands.

So the only thing I actually got to unwrap for Christmas was basically a snide gag gift.

Oh yeah, and my mother, who doesn't care much for my appearance, especially my hair, got me a book on beauty and a bunch of hairbands.

Awh.. I bought a "girls" book on how to take care of yer hair...(well they don't write books for hair care for boys now do they...) but I wanted to know what to do for long hair....

for Christmass, I got a bundle of soap..... I have a very heavy body oader (sp).. yah and I know that..... so a packet of soap is ... lets just say VERRY STINKING OBNOXIOUS....... ok... I stink..... I can take a bath... I still stink..... giving me soap for a Christmass gift.... cool.(that was a PG 13 response)

Mery Christmass..... And I have gotten that sucky(PG13) gift before... and go to (pG13) heck.....................

So I will tell Sony exactly what I think about her "gift:.... because it wasn't a gift..............................it was an insult....................

• 3 years later...

I got a pair of Crow's Bill forceps. :D Now I can fully explain the operation of bullet extraction.

Oh, and a got this cool Stikfas skeleton pirate thing from one virtual pal and a skull full of pirate treasure from another. :D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I guess Mission wants to see everyone else's gifts.

Sorry no medical instruments, I try to stay away from those!

big-piratelatitudes.jpg38106632.JPG

It was all I could do to stop myself from buying the book in the airport on the way to PIP. Glad I waited...

Not really pirate... but I can pirate music for it! :D

nano-black.jpg

madPete

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Can you just imagine what the inside of my head must look like with all those random movie quotes, C&H comic refs, Mad Magazine recollections, Bugs Bunny cartoon quotes and memories of all those old threads, long since dead? I can actually still recall several favorite threads from TheForce.net which I left back in 2000 when that Menace-ing movie came out and spoiled everything... Every once in a while, an idea occurs to me and I start drawing all those loose ideas together and you wind up having to read this stuff again. :D:D

If only this power could be used for good...

PS. This is what the inside of my head looks like:

Government_Warehouse.jpg

(Complete with the creepy Ark theme. I can hear it now.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

From Boats I got a Canon PowerShot camera - one of the last kind that has the view finder. (I Understand, no more view finders in small cameras) It's a 12.1/4x with image stabalizer. Small enough to fit into a pouch at events.

Also some Avon bubble bath.

From family: Bath and Body Winter candy apple hand soap, cookies, a Celtic Cross with a book about it, and a gift card to Home Goods. BTW- If you've never been in a Home Goods store, they are fantastic! The prices are so low and it's all affordable.

photo.gif

Pirates of the Caribbean DVD game

Bottle of Pyrat XO rum

Best yet: Pictures of us swimming and snorkeling in the Caribbean under the Maya temples

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Ye use t' frequent TheForce.net, too, Mission? Tis a small world! Gor-blimey! :)

Well.... Th' only thing close t' piratey that I got was a crystal Polish decanter from my neice (cheap little thing but nice). Otherwise what I got was a stlyish cheap pen set, a RotF Megatron (the pre-school level - no comment- from a secret santa on another forum), a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart and the promise of a perm at any in-town stylist. I guess it's OK... but not really what I was hoping for. Oh, well.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I was the first (and only at the time) moderator at the Force.net (Everyone else on the team was an admin. I was made a mod since I was one of the few regulars who hung around in a particular forum which they gave me responsibility for). I was there from about '97 - 2000. I had several user IDs including MarkCK, MarkCK7, Barstool and stupid.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well now, let me see . . . my extended family is finally understanding that I am desirous of all things piratical so while my beloved bought me a turntable which will allow me to convert my old vinyl into a digital format the rest of the family and friends got me a skull and crossed bones throw which will look great hanging in the booth, some pirate coasters, some pirate napkins, and my in-laws, God love 'em, tried to go out and buy me a sword and I wound up with a rather neat looking wakizashi with a dragon headed pommel which is leading me into the creation of a new costume - 黒いビード: A renegade Korean fisherman who has taken to piracy against the Japanese. The Japanese give him his pirate name because of . . . well, I'm still thinking about that, but it's a start!

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Chain Shot and I are lucky, in that his sister lives about ten minutes from Disneyland, buys a yearly pass every year, and shops at the private store for Disney employees, Company D, where they sell stuff not available to the public, at special reduced prices (she used to work there, as well as two of her sons). She sent us a whole box full of kewl PotC stuff. Chain Shot got an amazing shirt with very impressive embroidery on both the front and back. I got two T-shirts, and a set of bobble writing pens with Disney characters dressed as pirates along with a skull and a pirate ship. Also, Chain shot got a PotC ball cap, and we both got PotC insulated travel mugs.

Oh, and Chain Shot just walked in and informed me that while we were gone the last two days, a very large herd of elk went through our place. Probably on Christmas day. There have not been elk in our neck of the woods for over 20 years, so that is VERY kewl. They were even in our front yard! Dang, and we missed it! Hope they come back!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

well, me Missus has gotten to the point where she accepts (mostly) my pirate obsession but has not embraced it. So no pirate gifts for me this year. Although, I'm still riding the high of our Disney cruise back in October so I can't complain.

She did buy me a new monitor for my computer, 20" Dell widescreen, HD, flat pannel. "Pirates of the Burning Sea" never looked so nice ^^

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

Waitaminit..."ten minutes from Disneyland"....ELK!?? blink.gif In L.A.!?? blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif cool....

Anyway...I gots a neat pyrate bag from me secret Santa...thankew much! biggrin.gif

Under the Black Flag (dissappointing) sad.gif

Pirates of the Revolution (a good read) dry.gif

An, I gived me wife/best matey that sweet lil' blunderbussy what Vintagesailor uses as his subtext picture. After seein' how good it looked on HIS lady at PiP, I couldn' resist. Plus, she loved it from first sight. Loved her expression when she unwrapped it...Thanks, Vintage-laddye! biggrin.gif

As I am now back from Walt Disney World (and back at work in the Land of Ice and Snow...blech), I shall relate unto ye me Xmas goodies, Pyratically oriented. First off, and it seems to be a popular choice, I got a copy of the Crichton "Pirate Latitudes". Also, got me copies of "Blackbeard And The Queen Anne's Revenge", by Jean Day, and "Pirate Round: Early Eighteenth Century Maritime Navigation During the Golden Age of Piracy", by Richard Rutherford-Moore.

But what is most meaningful to me was a book I laid hands on a couple days after Xmas. As mentioned above, I was at Disney World last week, including, of course, Pirates of the Caribbean. For those that don't know, there's a "pirate market" (as I like to call it) next to the ride. Usual stuff...t-shirts (I got a couple new ones), tricorns (cheap types...the straw hat I wore is much better), action figures, shot glasses, etc...and books. I thought their selection of books was sharply reduced this year, but looking over the selection, what did I find but..."General History of the Robberies and Murders of the Most Notorious Pirates", Lyons Press 2002, intro by David Cordingly. Not what I expected to find...they didn't have it last year...

And personally, I think Capn Charles Johnson was not Desperate Dan Defoe at all, but none other than Henry Avery. Thats what *I* think, and ye may lay to that!

Damn, thats sharp!

I got a variety of gifts - a couple of them could be construed as piratical.

First, a Captain Skully glass (for fruity, potent rum drinks, such as you'd have in a tiki bar):

CaptainSkully.jpg

And Jack found me a reproduction of a Nelson-era ship's lantern (I've SO wanted one of these ever since I saw Master and Commander - the first time):

Lantern.jpg

RHJMap.jpg