PIP 2006 IT'S NOT TOO EARLY TO PLAN!!!

callenish gunner

The simplest is to rent a car. It's a four hour drive from Miami. And a car on weekend rates won't run too much... Payless at Miami International has an Economy for $24.10, or $169.37 for the period you'd be there.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure which thread to post this on, but I will try here and see what turns up. Two things.

What should I know about flying with flint locks? Other than the obvious, don't put them in my carry on and don't bring any powder.

Secondly. I was going to car pool down with some friends from SC. It turns out that flying directly is the best option for me of any available. Anyone want to car pool from Mimai, or meet up on the bus or shuttle?

I arrive in miami at 2:46 PM on 11/29.

I will also need to get back up towards Miami or Key Largo after the event as well.

Capt Rusty

The rule is pretty basic on flintlocks, swords and such. Put it in your checked baggage or in a lock box and declare it at the counter. That's all I've ever had to do when traveling in the states and it's always worked. Of course, I also always travel in my pirate gear so they're more interested in talking to me about pirates than worrying about a pesky weapon in my suitcase.

See ya down KW way lad!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Traviling in Pyrate Gear is all part Of the fun..... My vacation starts when I leave my house.... Going through Security is a slight hasstle..... I have to take off my coat and waistcoat.... all those buttons.... ;) and my spyglass always gets checked.... I just allow extra time, because I know they are going to search me.... but they are always polite, and I think they have some fun with it...... Security has to be a boring job, so getting to search a Pyrate at least gives them something to talk about on thier break....... ;)

I agree... I've never had any problems and usually the TSA guys want to trade hats - my mate and I have developed a hilarious show for taking our boots of in line and the best part is that customs officials abroad are so amazed there are pirates in line, they don't even care what's in our bags.

The only way to fly!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

The only things that I might have problems with ....

My Spyglass..... well... it scans as a metal tube... so they always check that....

My Tankard... it's on the outside of my haversack.... kinda obvous what it is....

A Bottle of ink... it's in a 1 quart zip-lock bag.... I checked the TSA carry on rules, and can carry up to 3 oz. of liquid.... The lid is a pain to get off... a good thing, so I don't spill it ... but if they want to check it, so it might be a problem....

When I go through the screening, I'll unbutton my waistcoat in line, so I can put my buckle shoes , jacket and waistcoat in one tray (lots of buttons...)... then open the haversack... take out the bottle of ink (in it's zip-lock baggie), my 2 pens and the spyglass and place them next to the haversack in another tray.... Shouldn't have any problem... the only other metal, is a single lead button on my slops......

Four and a half days... and counting.........

You'll probably first see us at the National Walk the Plank Championships (not historically correct but a good chance to take a nice dip in the water off a schooner - plus bragging rights). The contest begins at the seaport dock. Then we're right off to the End of the Season Hurricane Party. If anyone has half a mind to get on national TV, these are the two events to be at.

See you all there!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny