PIP 2006 IT'S NOT TOO EARLY TO PLAN!!!

callenish gunner

Bunny from what I can tell there will be at least 6 of us 'ladies' at PiP ...I'm sure there are more that I have not counted. I am equally sure that there will be no lack of 'protection' from unwanted advances ...and plenty of welcome advances as well!

Perhaps those of us flying in could coordinate flights, meet at the airport, and travel to Key West together. Finding the Keys is easy, go south until you start crossing bridges. Key West is even easier, the road stops. Finding the fort will be no problem, it is a small island and ...ifin ya ken read, there are signs.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huzzah, Wenches t' keep the Bunny from grabbin every lad she sees!

I am glad I will have company in my endeavors! Who shall we start with first, I mean WHAT, WHAT SHALL WE START WITH FIRST?

**She says with a gleam in her eye**

Jest be sure t' introduce yerself. Most o' ye don't have pictures posted but I will remember the name! I will do me best t' include my ears in me packin so you all will recognize me! I don't think the men will be havin problems recognizing my ummmm....face?

Seems Gunner has graciously allotted me the other half o' his tent. So now my place t' stay be set, I just has t' work on my play list for the weekend. This is really quite exciting and we aren't even t' Dec yet!

Bunny Cutlass

• 1 month later...

I was just at the site for PiP. Glad to see they have lots up and prepared for this year.

However... am I blind and daft? I was searching all over the site for registration forms and other info other than the schedule.

Do I have to contact them for that? Or... have they not gotten them up yet?

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Any suggestions for non-Reenactors such as myself to come soak up the fun? I'll be there more as a spectator. I've seen the PIP website already, but I'm looking for some inside info from some of you more experienced brethren.

I was down in KW last April and since family is in Pt Charlotte, Fl., we took the Key West Express ferry from Ft. Myers....a 3 ½ hr ride, That's the way to go.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Any suggestions for non-Reenactors such as myself to come soak up the fun? I'll be there more as a spectator. I've seen the PIP website already, but I'm looking for some inside info from some of you more experienced brethren.

I was down in KW last April and since family is in Pt Charlotte, Fl., we took the Key West Express ferry from Ft. Myers....a 3 ½ hr ride, That's the way to go.

If you can, buy a tent and join us in the fort. We would be ever so glad to have you there. a pair of simple slops, a simple shirt and a sash is all that separates you from joining in the fun. I went around barefoot most of the time I was there last year.

The best part about camping is being a spectator from the inside and outside. You could come and go from camp and enjoy both the festival and the camp.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Agreed! There is nothing like being part of the show. I will be in a hotel this year, camping next, but in garb and participating all the way.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

If you can, buy a tent and join us in the fort. We would be ever so glad to have you there. a pair of simple slops, a simple shirt and a sash is all that separates you from joining in the fun. I went around barefoot most of the time I was there last year.

William Red Wake I think I might take you up on that offer, mate . I just found out I have 8 vacation days left for the year and I gotta 'use 'em before I lose 'em. As far as period threads, I know a couple of sources...real deal.

SHIP2-1.jpg

William Red Wake I think I might take you up on that offer, mate . I just found out I have 8 vacation days left for the year and I gotta 'use 'em before I lose 'em. As far as period threads, I know a couple of sources...real deal.

The more the merrier. Can I add you to the Quartermaster's List as a definite?

Oh...and as always I recommend this company for tents.

http://www.redhawk-trading.com/

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

It's never too late, not with all of these here pyrates standin' in ta help ye. Read all of the threads in this topic and ye will be well on yer way.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I don't wanna jinx anything (heck... it took much longer to get the money together fer me doglock.. real life kinda got in the way...but I'm ordering it tomarrow....) YAAAAAA ! ! !

Anyway... plane tickets will run me a little less than $500. (from San Fransico to Key West) so I got to get those soon (well when I get the money...) but that's my next project.... working on it......

BUT IT IS DO-ABLE..... Heck.... PiP is my yearly vacation...... I am going to be there if I have to kill someone (If any cops are reading this.... I'm just joking about the killing part....... well..... torture may not be out of the question tho......)

It will cost me about $300 just to go to Ojai in Southern California (in September) ..... and PiP is WAY COOLER..........

Like I've done for the last two years.... I'll fly out in me proper Pyratical garb, it's just too much fun to do......Security is a "hoot" when they wanna check your ditty bag for a telliscope....(and find the shrunken head...) and the kids in the airport... just "gawking" at the Pyrate....... Hey... I'm on vacation... I'm going to have lots of fun just getting to PiP......

Cool...... bout 4 months to go..... (thereabouts......)

:lol:

Pat, try a link called "SIDE-STEP" they find the lowest rates by searching all the sites that have tickets available. I use them a lot and it always gets me the best rate for airlines. Highly recommend just checking the site periodically for the lowest rates around.

Just some help so I get to see you at both Ojai and Keywest!

I can't wait for Ojai... I missed it last year due to family complications.

See you boys in Keywest!

Hugh, I hope you don't snore...tee hee!

Bunny Cutlass

Hugh, I hope you don't snore...tee hee!

Ummmmm... Bunny... It isn't Callinish or his handsome son that you need worry bout snoring ...tis me! Do not fear ...I always have a ample supply of ear plugs with me if it gets too bad! :lol: You think I'm joaking?

Now, find me a lad t snuggle against and the snoring will be less ...or is that the sleep will be less! :lol::lol::huh:

We will hunt together Silkie!

I really be naught worried... once I am out, I AM OUT! A herd of stampeadin' pyrates couldn't wake me!

I don't know if I will be able t' sleep I will be so excited!

Been trying to figure out how to pack me cutlass.... I FINALLY GET ONE and I can't wear it because I can't pack it! At least I don't think so.

In my last suitcase I had cuffs, a whip, my gun (although wooden and metal) and THAT WENT THROUGH CUSTOMS!

Bunny Cutlass

Weapons, have to be in your checked luggage. The first year that I went, I didn't want a hasstle, so I declaired my non-firing pistol just to be safe. Security, didn't know how to handle it, but it wasn't really much of a problem. Just allow yourself some extra time, and let them know what you are carrying in your checked baggage...........

My spyglass in my carry-on shows up as a metal tube, so they wanted to check that.... I was in full Pyrate garb, and when security opened my carry-on the first thing they saw was the shrunken head..... guess it gave them something to talk about at lunch.... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

This week, Ontario and Florida are on Southwest frequent flyer.... WHICH AIRPORT IN FLORIDA DO I WANT? I didn't realize there wasn't one that said KEY WEST!!! I would like to buy my ticket before this expires on Monday..... Can someone tell me which airport in FL to land in?

Bunny Cutlass

Last year I flew into Miami, and than caught the Greyhound bus down to Key West...

It was an interesting ride.... but when I was looking for airling prices.... you end up only saving about $40.00 by doing so.....

So more than likley, I will fly into Miami, and then take the "Puddle Jumper" into Key West....

A fun kinda asside..... OK... last year, they were just getting over the Hurricane, so the busses wern't quite "on schedule" but they sure beat taking a taxi (well price wise..........) There is just something about paying over $12.00 to go three miles in a taxi.........