PIP 2006 IT'S NOT TOO EARLY TO PLAN!!!

callenish gunner

I don't think so. Have ye never heard of sharks? Feeding at night? Following cruise ships into harbor? If you go swimming at night will me your firelocks first.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. Have ye never heard of sharks? Feeding at night? Following cruise ships into harbor? If you go swimming at night will me your firelocks first.

Is that an issue then? Been skinny dipping at night in Grand Cayman and St Martin and was never told it was an issue. And it's fairly common here in New England.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Is that an issue then? Been skinny dipping at night in Grand Cayman and St Martin and was never told it was an issue. And it's fairly common here in New England.

Hawkyns

I'm actually uncertain. It's cooler at that time of year, but I hadn't considered the marine life. If anyone would know, Jim would. Ask him about the everglades.

You may be more likely to be arrested than attacked, but it is Key West, so the police there might join you in a swim.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

We'll add "skinny-dipping for sharks" to the events list.  I'm reminded of the people who stick their arms down the throats of catfish.  What is that called?

That would be "kernoodleing", or just "noodleing". One of my grandfathers lost the end of a thumb doing that. he reached into a catfish hole that was occupied by a muskrat.

We'll add "skinny-dipping for sharks" to the events list.  I'm reminded of the people who stick their arms down the throats of catfish.  What is that called?

That would be "kernoodleing", or just "noodleing". One of my grandfathers lost the end of a thumb doing that. he reached into a catfish hole that was occupied by a muskrat.

Egads.

Spoken with emphasis on the "E".

Captain Jim once said to me, "The hobby of being a pirate is never endangered by the loss of limbs." He also noted that his time in the everglades might prove to be beneficial to his hobby if he ever gets attacked by a crocodile. He could get a hook or a pegleg.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Hawkyns

I'm actually uncertain. It's cooler at that time of year, but I hadn't considered the marine life. If anyone would know, Jim would. Ask him about the everglades.

You may be more likely to be arrested than attacked, but it is Key West, so the police there might join you in a swim.

Swimming at night in the tropics is like playing the lottery: You can't win if you don't play, and you only have to win once. Only with sharks the prize is rather nasty. You could do it for years and know other people that have and then one night...

Sort of like noodling...and then you grab the gator...Or the gator grabs you.

Speaking of which, 18 fatal gator attacks in 58 years, then three in the last 1 1/2 weeks. You never know.

3ff66f1f.jpg

YE LADS DON'T WISH T' SEE ME IN A BIKINI, BELIEVE ME!

I be a natural Red-head with the milky white skin t' boot!

But I does appreciate the compliment! Ye really knows how t' make a pyrate lass blush! ::Blows Kiss::

Hmmm, I mayhap bring it jest in case I begins t' get a wee bit hawt and wants t' remove clothin' on the off chance it be as hawt as ye say!

Although me coat already be mighty ventilated wit no shirt and all them slits in the leather! :)

Bunny Cutlass

Nothing wrong with pale skin!

I rather like freckles too!

But I must admit last year it was only about 60 at night and with a slight breeze you may not have wanted to jump in the sea. Sharks or no sharks.

i'm planning on bringing a propane water heater that i usaully take camping at the folk festivals i go to... and when hookedto a hose or a good water supply i can get a weeks worth of showers from one tank of propane and with a canvas enclosure to have hot showers around the fort

:o

Hugh is a god. Not the God, but anyone who can supply a hot shower rates fairly high in the pantheon...

Mind you, I will be in a hotel (the wench doesn't camp in this fashion), but the rest o' you scallywags should fall down and worship...

3ff66f1f.jpg

I will be alone in my endeavors!

Bunny....... cut that out...... (or move it to "the Dating Game".... :lol: )

I finaly have enough money saved up to be (finaly) getting the doglock musket..... then start saving for PiP...... and thinking of buying my airline tickets way in advance...... so I know I have them.......

I only speak the truth that if anyone would like t' show me around I would not object to a tour or ideas on what to do. I would hate t' miss anything, doing it my first time! I don't know about camping tho, where would I stay, how would I get my camping stuff from CA to FL? Ye sure it wouldn't be easier to get a hotel? Jest askin! I do have t' admit I have ne'er travel'd so far from home alone. Me thinks I mayhav t' get my sister Scarlet t' invest in a ticket....THEN YE LADS WOULD HAVE TWO SINGLE LASSES T' TAKE IN TOW! (well, she sorta isn't single at the moment....I be the only broken one!)

:blink:

Bunny Cutlass

ah me lass... i am new to this as well, otherwise i would volunteer to be your tour-master, your scout, your body guard or guardian! i have been to ren-fairs before, but when this pyrate thing finally got me it was love at first plunder! i am thinking of a hotel, but i've done camping in the past.... who knows..... arhhh! we be pyrates dam it! we survive, we party, we enjoy life..... we'll get it together before then! B)

...up close and personal means one of two things:

You are either waking up with me in the morn or I am the last face you will ever see...</span>

Bunny... a bed roll, tarp, some tent steaks and rope (for the tent) all pack small enough to fly with.... The fort has some tent poles... but if we use all of them up, we can always go to the local hardware store and get some 2 x 2's and make more (then leave them for next year.....)

You can also do what I do, and fly out in garb..... so other than a few small things (isn't that a nice way to say a change of eeergh......socks and other stuff....) everything is easly carryed......(guns, swords and weapons go into your check in baggage.....)

All you need to camp and fly to PiP, is a case for guns and weapons, and a sea bag for tarp, bedroll and other stuff......

fellas I appreciate the encouragement to camp but how will I find the fort that you speak of? Heck, I am going to have to find the PIP festival first, I nay naught e'en know where it be!

This is going to be adventure doing this alone for at least the first day. After I get there and I find you boys it should be a little more easy sailin I would assume. :unsure: You fellas better find me if I am wandering around like a lost Bunny.....please!

If Gunner promises t' make room for the 6ft lass coming from SoCal.... I WILL CAMP!

I can't believe I am going to do this!

And as for gaurd'n me body.... I may need it, my pyrate wears on my profile are much more revealing then they appear!

Bunny Cutlass