Cannon links ?

Patrick Hand

Dang...Dang....Drat..... wouldn't you know it.... I cleaned out my bookmarks, and got rid of all the links to cannon web sites...... now a friend was asking where to get a cannon, and I don't have the links anymore..... drat.....

So can anyone post links to where to buy cannons..........

(His Dad had a brass barrel cannon, that someone ripped off, so he's thinking about suprizing his Father...... and he has the money to do so........)

Captain Jim, thanks..... I can't post his name... but his dad is world famous..... (and rich). He is a cool dude.... his brothers and sisters be living offa Dad's wealth (he did have some advantages to having a rich dad...) but he is doing it himself..... and doing well.....so he has the money to buy Dad a new cannon for his ship......( dang..... just wish I had half of what he's got.... rats....)

Anyway thanks for the links.... maybe his Dad will need a gun crew.....to fire the new cannon.... B)

Try these forums as well

Muzzleloader Forum And also this one GreyBeard Outdoor A machinist over at this one by the name of Powder Keg just built me a fabulous beer can mortar out of 660 naval bronze. As a matter of fact I recieved it today. Powder Keg will build to order and has a love for historical accuracy and is currently working on a Daniel King Howitzer Model #1 schematic so he can machine it exact. TropicoCannons053.JPG

TropicoCannons057.JPG

It will be built into a sled type carriage and has a 2.7 Bore.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

You could afford one from Grey Star... 1/3 scale 6 pdr for $185. That's a price that can't be beat for a 23 inch long barrel.

Harbormaster has a couple, one of his is in that picture. The large black bastard on the left. :lol: By comparison, the large bronze one on the right runs about $900.

I'm gettin' one or two in feb.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

If you havn't gone there yet, try this link. Lots of cannon links there.

Greybeard cannon links page

Following the links to Big Shots of Idaho will take you to this nice coehorn mortar:

1585-2.jpg

It's in the lower right corner of the picture.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Patrick, I admire yer friend for making his own way in life: good man! I've always felt that wealth not earned is a curse that few people can handle: though I must admit that, like most people, I'd be willing to try! :lol:

HarborMaster, that is a BEAUTIFUL collection of cannon! :P Are they all yours?

I have only one cannon - just received it a few days ago from Jefferson Armory. 1/4 scale iron on a naval carriage. I need to finish drilling out the vent - maybe I'll have more time after the holiday insanity, increased workload that always seems to happen this time of year, and Battle of New Orleans reenactment are over. I have some powder on the way, and need to make or buy a lintstock, and I'll be set!

:lol::lol::huh:

Capt William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

One of my gun crews is all female. They refer to themselves as the Babes of Boom. I think I've just decided on their new garb standard

:lol::lol::P

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Capnwilliam yes they are mine., but I dont take them personal.,they are for the resort. But they are sure fun. I sorta pickem out according to dollar fer bang.,as well as size for the location they will be placed at the Beach. At this point I think I am done., but I keep saying that :( I did have a certain number I needed for certain places at the resort and I have just now finished getting the last one......,but then again.,its become a problem.,hooked really.

I just got another that I dont feel I need., I will be making a a nice carriage for it and then its for sale. A 1" bore Oak carriage Napoleon with Bronze trunnion caps. It should look prety sharp when its finished.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 2 months later...

I have 4 soon to be 5 cannon

The bronze Victory Cannon, given to me by my company for my 25 anniversry, in lieu of a watch - wonderful piece

a grey star 1/2 scale cast iron barrel - i got the barrel only and made my own carriage - cheapest entry into large scale cannons that i know of, but a LOT of work finishing off the barrel

a brass rail cannon, 1" bore that I bought as a rough casting on ebay and then fdrilled and finished it off and commisioned a yolk and swivel - nice voice for a small cannon

old ironsides .69 cal cannon from Connon-mania, nice gun for the $ but small

and lastly , on its way from England to NYC a bronze 1.625 dia beauty, from an E-bay sale

CHeck Ebay regularly, you will find good deals on plain barrels every now and then, but be carefull that you know what your buying, like always

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands