Fresh meat!

~Lady Pirate~

Hi!

I'm new here. My name is Renate. I'm 19 years old. I'm from the Netherlands. I'm a re-enacter of the Napoleonic period, I love to write (poetry, songs, stories) and I'm into medieval roleplaying. I love pirates of course. I'm a bit of a tomboy myself and I dressed up as a pirate a while ago (although I have no idea where I saved those pics).

I'm piratescave her daughter (she gave me the link and I thought it looked interesting so I registered). So I also help out with the website in my spare time (link is in my profile).

I don't know what else to say except: Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate's life for me! :P

:huh:

Pirate Power!

:lol:

From Holland with Love,

Renate

A pirate by heart, a pirate in my soul

I always steal whatever I need, no self-control

I always long to sail my ship and explore the sea

So you'd better beware me!

Because Captain Pirate is near. And a girl too so fear

Don't you dare to question me and I might let you live

I fight and kill those without skill

So surrender now...and bow!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard, lass. I am happy t' be the first t' welcome ye t' the Pub. Hope you'll enjoy yerself 'ere, luv.

Just be careful, thar be pyrates in these here waters! Plenty of plunderin' and pillagin' goes on in 'ere!

New fish on the line!

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Thank you, Mad Matt. Are you really mad? :lol: *takes a few steps back*

I know there are pirates here. But I'm a skilled fencer. I'll be fine. *unsheaths sword* They'd better not bother me or it'll be the last thing they'll do. *evil laughter*

:P

Not really mad, luv. A damn sight angry e'ery now n' then....ummm. Yes, mad more like insane, m'dear.

As fer yer blades, just remember us pirates to go off by arrrrr onesies...ye best be quick t' avoid the musketball, too.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Aye lass, Renate ye say! Nice name, a first fer me as well. I be Diego! Monsignor Diego Santana de la Vega at your most esteemed service. I should liken to introduce you to Ray. Fer he be the bar keep here in the pub and welcome you to the likes of all the noisy gongs and clanging bells you'll be certain to be better than entertained by here as well. Welcome aboard lass and please pass the salt. (turns to ray) Another boiled agg mate!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Welcome te the pub luv. I be Scarlet McBayne and a regular around these waters, ifin ye have any questions, jest ask.

Good on ye lass, I see ye can take care o yerself with the blade. But remeber lass, these pirates are armed with more than a blade...we have the fastest drinkers in the world around here. B):lol:B) huzzah te you dearie

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Well, lass, ye be gettin' me attention wi' them "fresh meat" n' "damsel in distress" words.....be the fresh meat n' distressed damsel needin' savin' be one n' the same?.....arrrrrrrrr, now don't ye be concerned, I be but a nice harmless ol' pyrate who's been practicin' saving fresh meats in distress....er, damsels that be, I be meanin'......er.....meybe I be 'avin 'nother drink.....cheers, n' welcome to ye n' ye kin be keepin' yer sword sheathed n' so will I....... ;)B)

*watches pirates come in*

Well, thank you all. I sure feel welcome now. B)

As for the drinking, I'll make sure I'll stay away from taverns. I'm a lady after all. I do not consider drunks good company. Nor do I enjoy alcoholic beverages.

*runs fingers through hair*

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. But if my father were to find out I befriend pirates, I'd get in trouble. So I'd better take my leave. *bow*

Night!

Aww Gerl,

Ye don' hafta leave...

I's just popped in ta wish ye a warm welcome ta th' pub....

Well... I'll welcome ye any ways!!!

Welcome ta th' Pub, Gerl!

We be a fine lot o' rogues n' such...

No worries!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

do not consider "drunks" good company?....."stay away from taverns"? lass, forgive me impudence but did ye read at the top o' the page here where it be sayin' this be the "Pyracy Pub"? it ain't a church gatherin'...... though I be guessin' ye got more folks o' high morals n ethics here than ye be findin' in most churchs

Good point. I just thought, being new and all, I'd pop in here and introduce myself to the locals. I won't be spending a lot of time in the pub. I am not allowed. My father is very strict. He won't let me mingle with drunks or criminals. I think they're pretty amusing and funny though. I wouldn't be here now if I didn't like your lifestyle. In a way, I would love to be a pirate. Being a lady is difficult and boring. All these rules. All these tedious people you are forced to entertain. I'd much rather roam the seven seas and go treasure hunting. But I know piracy is not as glamorous as it is made out to be. I am not that naive and foolish. I just wished I could lead a different life. All that is expected of me is to marry into a wealthy family and raise my future children. But I want to meet people and explore the world. Do you understand?

Hmmmm...

Now, yer a wee bit confusin', Gerl...

Ye sez ye be a "Lady Pirate"... then ye sez ye ain't a pirate... just a Lady...

An' I find it grande tha' ye honour yer Da's wishes n' not spent alla yer time rubbin' elbows wi' rogues...

Yet ain't he an' yer Ma th' ones who pointed ye ta this here establishment?

Very confusin' indeed...

Cheers Luv!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

'Tis a bit puzzlin' 'spec'ally since ye 'ave this in yer sig.

8889961564257193a222f0.gifmirageus1.gif

Aye, I be understandin', lass....ye gots a fine head on yer shoulders I kin tell. Know this from one who's sailed many oceans n' met many a strange character in this world, thar be good pyrates n' thar be bad....life be full o' surprises n' unexpected adventures....as me mate, John Lennon once said: "Life is what happens when ye are busy makin' other plans...." so's ifn ye passes through from time to time is just fine.....n' don't be too harsh on yer father though he may be wrong in some respects he loves ye n' 'is intentions are good I be sure o' that......some day ye'll see the world in a new wonderous light...

I am a lady pirate in my mind. In my mind, I have my own ship and crew. In my dreams, I am not a lady. No responsibilities. No laws to abide by. In my dreams, I am free. As free as you are. Free to get drunk. Free to end lives. Free to live life the way you want to live it. That is what I want. But, it is not easy to achieve. So much is expected of me. They have already made arrangements. Respected men of wealth are being interviewed on a daily basis so they can pick my future husband. But it is not the kind of life I want to live. Am I to become a housewife? Raising the kids and climbing in and out of carriages? Disgusting. Where is the fun in that?

They have already made arrangements. Respected men of wealth are being interviewed on a daily basis so they can pick my future husband.

Hmmm, Is that legal in Holland? Don't you have to go before a Dutch General Consulate or something to make it legal?

I didn't think the Netherlands tolerated this sort of thing anymore. I know Amsterdam is a pretty liberal society, but do you have no choice in this matter?

8889961564257193a222f0.gifmirageus1.gif

You're not supposed to take everything I say seriously. The first post was a serious introduction. After that, I thought it would be fun to roleplay my replies. That's what you guys are doing.

I'm single. And loving it.

B)

RolePlay?

Wot's roleplay?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

To pretend to be someone you're not.

B)

Ah... I see...

So if I was to pretent ta be, say, a stockmarket manager, then I'd be roleplaying?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif