Don't get between the Irish and their drinking.

Killian

A friend showed me this today, and I thought I would share for two reasons, the first this is my favorite bar to go to to relax and have a drink, and two I was about to go last night, and would have been there when this happened, but decided to stay home.

December 7, 2005

CLAIREMONT - Patrons at the Blarney Stone Pub captured three men who tried to rob the place last night, San Diego police said.

One of the robbers carried a pistol when he and the other two walked into the pub on Balboa Avenue near Genesee Avenue and demanded money.

"The patrons took exception to that," police Sgt. Bob Dare said. "They subdued the three."

The bar owner took the gun from one robber, police said.

Some people ran out of the bar and called police about 10:35 p.m. The first officers to arrive confirmed that three men were being held, but asked for more officers because "the patrons are out of control."

Dare said the customers were just excited and calmed down when other officers showed up. No one was injured in the incident and police took custody of the three.

BTW as you can see the locals of the Blarney Stone are a bit fanatical about the place, and on nights when there is entertainment, the place is packed so you can have close to 90 people there and a few waiting for people to leave so they can get in, but with it being a Tuesday night there were from what I heard like 20 people there. Oh and here is a live account of what happened from someone there http://www.livejournal.com/users/jhnythm/