The Art o' pyracy

El Capitan'

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Callenish you are talented. I love your stuff. But so many here are. I need ot get back into drawing and into my writing. I still have a littlest Pirates Wish to finish..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Callenish has me out-gunned! So heres a toast to ya B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

after many years of practice, I have found that I am able 99% of the time to draw a straight line with a ruler.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

Eyes like my ne avatar.. He smiles at ya ya even !

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Ahoy! Some mates brought this thread to my attention, been absent for a while. Excellent work everybody! I especially like the pencil sketch by Callenish, I am honored. Good luck on the painting, post a photo when it's finished. I also like Patrick's pyrate ninja. I'd love to see that on a t-shirt. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing professional or th' sort.

I often doodle a lot. Most is not piratical doodles.

Here be an example I suppose:

lovelywench.jpg

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lady Barbosa....that drawing is beautiful. If I could draw wenches like that, I'd ne'r leave me house!!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Thank ye kindly for th' complements.

Here be some others, not really piratical.. but some of what I've done in the past.

I've LOTS.. but will venture to show only a few of my favs.

Can ya guess who th' Gent be in this one?

TavingtonandAnakiss.jpg

One I did of an old Cartoon series I adored as a youngin'. Anyone remember this animated series?:

tMCoGframed.jpg

An... of course... a lil' Disney-like version of a role playin' character of mine. Not long b'fore I actually started t' wear this exact same uniform!

DisneyAnastasia.jpg

Enjoy...

ah, a gathering of artists! this be an excellent place fer me then :3

i love drawing. Fantasy and horror mainly although i do draw normal animals from time t'time.

These be a few samples.

zareniadancecaex.jpg

a picture of me and CAex. this was based on an rpg from Furcadia

sorwyn.jpg

a gift for Sorwyn of TSC

potyhvghh.jpg

and last of all, a gryphon Master and Commander. yes, i based him on Russell Crowe :P

Awww... very cute, Floria! I LOVE the winged tiger.. The griffen M & C is grand. :) My compliments. :) Furry doodles are so interesting.

I alas, really cannot post the image of my furry she tiger on here... it's rather X rated.

:P

Barbados Sam...

Flattery gets ya everywhere!

So... luv.. here be a treat for ya... a wench drawn just for ye!

Enjoy her. :huh:

BarbadosSamwench.jpg

This is great stuff, especially the pictures by Callenish and Mrs. Barbossa. More, please!

I wish I could draw like this. I've tried drawing some of the characters from my pirate stories, but all my faces look like Jack-o-lanterns.

Daniel... anyone who has the courage and desire to put something on paper with pencil or pen, crayon or marker, paint or something else... is an artist. Even if the image is only in your head.

An artist is someone creative. Everyone here on th' Pub... is an artist.

:(

I've tried drawing some of the characters from my pirate stories, but all my faces look like Jack-o-lanterns.

Go to the library and check out a few "how to draw" books..... then just play with it.......

The book "drawing on the right side of the Brain" argues that if you can sign you name, you can draw........ it just takes some playing with...... (OK a lot of playing with to get good at it....)

But "have at it".... then post your work.... the encouragement you'll get here will keep you modivated to keep playing...... and playing should be what drawing is all about...........