2 lb. dry Oatmeal

1 pint Stock

1lb chopped Mutton Suet

1lb Lamb's or Deer's Liver

Heart and Lights [Lungs] of the Sheep

1 large Onion

½ tsp Cayenne Pepper

Salt And Pepper

Boil and mince the liver, heart and lights, chop the onion.

Toast the oatmeal slowly until it is crisp, then mix all the ingredients (except the stomach bag) together, and add the stock.

Fill the bag just over half full, press out the air, add the remaining mixture and sew up securely.

Place in a large pot of boiling water, prick the haggis all over with a large needle so it does not burst and boil slowly for 4 to 5 hours.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

But grasshoppers arn't endangered...... so you can eat as many of them as you want......... :(

Besides the wild haggis's do an increadable amount of damage to the Scotish countryside.... eating trees, and all the grass..anything that grows..... So hunting and eating them is GOOD for the environment

I have actually heard a resturaunt in Kenya i think, called "Carnivores" where they serve water buffalo, and zebra, and many other "bush food" animals.

I found it fascinating and would love to try any of it. I beleive that wiping an animal off the face of the earth is wrong, but as long as there are Plenty of em... i say serve em up! :ph34r:

to quote dennis leary "Bring me a live cow! I'll cut out what I want and RIDE the rest home!"

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

i have my sighting entered. i entered last year too! it's just a fun diversion. :rolleyes:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

my way around the feds is to buy a good sized ewe at the farm auction bring her home and tie the hind legs with a stout rope and hoist it up so it hangs about 4' feet off the ground and slit it's throat ...let it bleed out only takes a minute if you've done it right ...it's dead withing a few seconds....slit down the belly and let the guts drop into a wash tub remove the stomach, liver, kidneys, heart, lungs and finally the tongue ...brown and finely mince all the flesh bits (except the stomach)and mix with the roasted oats and add about 3 good sized onion and freshly ground white peppercorns add a dash of cayanne pepper and a dash of paprika add one cup of good scots whiskey fill the stomach and sew both ends closed put into a pot of boiling lightly salted water and tightly cover ...keep on a low boil for about 2.5 to 3 hours remove from the boiler and place on a broiler pan and broil on high for about 5 minuted per side to lightly brown the outside and crisp up the outer layer serve hot with hearty brown bread and good stout or strong ale ....plunge a dagger into it and carve thick slices ....the rest of the carcass is fine for roast mutton and and the ribs are good for barbeque..... enjoy a good single malt after dinner!!! -slainte

Never had a chance to eat "real" haggas..... had something that was more of a meatloaf...... not the same thing...... who cares if it's cooked in a metal pan or a stomick...... and with enough "Water of Life" (whiskey) I don't think anyone would question what they were eating....

Fun asside..... From what I understand... meatloaf, is just a modern version of haggas.....