My First PIP Adventure...

William Brand

It has been an eventful trip so far. Mike, Andria and I left for the Salt Lake City International Airport at 6:00 A.M. to catch a 7:15 flight. We arrived and checked in our luggage without incident, but I failed to place my tent stakes in the proper bag and I was forced to leave the security line and check in my carry on luggage.

After we settled on the plane we were informed that the flight would be delayed do to mechanical difficulties. This put us in Phoenix an hour and a half late, causing us to miss our connecting flight into Fort Lauderdale.

The airline has put us up in an AmeriSuite hotel room and we missed the End of Hurricane Season party. Our luggage is in limbo.

Sigh.

More updates as they happen.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

The event was wonderful.

My many thanks to Harry at Fort Zachary Taylor for allowing us to sleep inside the fort. He and the rest of the Friends of Fort Zachary Taylor were wonderful to work with and spend time with.

It was fun to spend time with Patrick Hand in our campsite. His Buccaneer Project gear is turning out really well. Cascabel did a great job in the trial and I enjoyed meeting him and others.

I will post pictures as I can. I'm still travelling about.

Well, I have finally returned home from PIP and New York. I had a fine time.

The festival was quite entertaining and I enjoyed camping at the fort very much. I was lucky enough to meet many fine pirates form on and off the Pub, including, but not limited to, Jim Warren, Jim's wife (I want to say Patricia, but I've forgotten if that is correct), Braze, Raven, Kip, Harry, Shea, Anne Bonny, Cascabel, Yellowbeard, Willie Wobble, and Patrick Hand. I may have met others without realizing it and I've forgotten more than a few names, but here are some pictures...

http://photobucket.com/albums/c327/William...aradise%202005/

• 5 years later...

Wow... I found this post while looking in the this forum's archives. ^_^

(I'm trying to figure out who I stole photos from to create my first PiP Surgeon's Journal in 2007. I didn't start giving photo credits until the next journal.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I should go back and find some of your 2003 posts - I recall one where you seemed to be quite excited about having joined a pirate forum... (Not sure where it was, but I do recall seeing it while skulking about the thread basement.) :ph34r:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm still quite giddy about being here. I'm sure Stynky will corroborate that I was an unseemly level of excited when he asked me to join the moderating team.

A pyrates life me. Yo ho!

Unfortunately the lot of you are much better at this than me. :D

(A lot of us are quite vocal about it, not better.)

Join the Mercury crew and come to an event. ('s fun).

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

(A lot of us are quite vocal about it, not better.)

Join the Mercury crew and come to an event. ('s fun).

yes. do join the crew for an event. You may be surprised how much fun you have.

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Can I still be the Nefarious Asssociate???

Bo

While I didn't have anything to do with being given the title, it seems to me that if you go digging in the archives and find something interesting to dredge up you can be a Thread Necromancer Associate. (That 'See full list' link which is located next to the on-line user info near the bottom of the forum on the index page can be instrumental in finding old threads. Just see what guest users are looking at - some of them have the strangest tastes.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

William kinda bestowed that nomenclature upon me in relation to the Mercury Crewe some time back. It was due to my still being involved with the WTF and not signing on as a full Mercury crewe member so he said that the Mercury could use a Nefarious Associte... hey, don't pyrates need ashore fence operation to move cargo?!?! :ph34r:B):rolleyes: