Cool album covers

CaptainCiaran

Was foolin' around last evenin' with me old vinyl records, enjoyin' the music and the artwork on the covers. Ye know, there's been some fantastic images over the years, and that tradition continues on even with today's cds.

One of me all-time favourites is the cover to Heart's 1977 Little Queen. Remember it? Tis the one where the Wilson sisters and their band are dressed like gypsies on both the front and back covers. Arr, a real gem in my opinion.

So, I'm not talkin' bout the music here, jes the cover art. What be one of yer favs?

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I like that one! That's a great cover, very renaissance-like!

The Beatles had some great covers as well. Sgt. Pepper is a great one. As a kid, the one for Pink Floyd with the guy on fire would creep me out. It also had some creepy face-less mannequin in a suit out in the desert. What was it called, "Welcome to machine"? :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Boston's first album, the space ship that is actually a guitar upside down!

Sticky Fingers, the zipper!

Some Girls, (before the lawsuit caused edits)

Led Zepplin 4, Gandalf in the Mysty Mountians

The white album

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Styx / Grand Illusion

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Ozzy Osbourne's Bark at the Moon, in which he is made up like a shaggy werewolf...completely awesome. :angry:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Remember the early Rush albums? Like "Rush", Fly By Night, 2112,

A Farewell To Kings, those were some awesome covers.

Latin albums like those by Celia Cruz, Hector LaVoe, Willie Colon, and all in the 60s and 70s were quite graphic. There's a whole book out now called "Latin Album Cover Art" that highlights those years, especially the albums on the Fania label.

:angry:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Wow . . . I'm going to be dating myself dramatically here, but one that I have ALWAYS liked was the Tijuana Brass "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" cover. That GORGEOUS and nicely-rounded Latina covered with ALLLLLLLLLLLL that whipped cream . . . :lol:

Sorry! Sorry, I forget this wasn't an adult only topic! I was about to make a comment that was reminiscent of a Tootsie Pop advertisement!

Reminiscing dreamily,

BB

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Wow . . . I'm going to be dating myself dramatically here, but one that I have ALWAYS liked was the Tijuana Brass "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" cover.

I remember seeing that one as a kid. It was KEWL!! :D

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Wow, y'all are comin' up with some great ones! Brings back nice memories when I think of some of these.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I know this isn't the covers but when this thread took off I started thinking back to the few collectable 33 1/3's I have and two are the dave mason's "Alone Together" album which was a marbleized vinyl and of course everyone who bought the J Giles "Bloodshoot" album were treated to an entirely red vinyl album.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I remember when I was a young teen, a friend of mine who's father was in the Navy showed me some imported CCR albums that were this cool transparent red color !!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I remember as a wee lad lookin' at Elton John's-Capt. Fantastic album cover for hours and always finding something new when I came back.

All the Kansas, Molly Hatchet, & Iron Maiden covers are really cool. Not to mention Great music also.

Wanna see sumin' disturbin' but amusin'? Here's a link to some of the WORST album covers ever.

http://porktornado.diaryland.com/albumcover.html

8889961564257193a222f0.gifmirageus1.gif

I remember as a wee lad lookin' at Elton John's-Capt. Fantastic album cover for hours and always finding something new when I came back.

All the Kansas, Molly Hatchet, & Iron Maiden covers are really cool. Not to mention Great music also.

Wanna see sumin' disturbin' but amusin'? Here's a link to some of the WORST album covers ever.

http://porktornado.diaryland.com/albumcover.html

I can't stop screaming

letmetouch1.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg