Xmas lights

Havin' probs thinkin' of a good Xmas light display?........all that staplin'....runnin' cable.......UNRAVELLIN'!!.....

Just check out this guys set up!!........I'll never complain again.... :D:D

This is just CLASS!!!! :D:D

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14019

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

WOW thats flashy....

theres a house i passed while trick or treating, already done up for christmas. bit early...

and theres this other one that is usually refered to as the 'griswold' house, as they cover it, i mean COMPLETELY cover it with lights. their yard is only 10 by 20, and it is fliled with over a hundred figurines.

In case anyone is interested, that rockin' music playing that the lights are sync'd to is by Trans-Siberian Orchestra......

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Well I don't have a lot of area for display, but I actually managed to take a picture last night of what I have on my balcony. Gawd I love my digital camera! Sorry it's not so clear, but you get the idea.

Christmas Lights

Those two things in the bedroom window, one is a shooting star, the other is a Christmas tree. The thing hanging in front of the balcony is a nifty snowflake that twinkles. The star above is hung with fishing line (not just by the light cord) so that it looks like it's floating.

Here's the display I put up on my porch this year...

xmas050015bd.th.jpg

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I started a tradition in my family a few years back - a week before Christmas we check out the local, more spectacular displays. Oftentimes there will be articles about them in the local paper. Then we head north to San Francisco to check out some areas where we know do some pretty wacky displays.

One of the funniest is a front yard with a mixed blend of those plastic figurines with the lights in them. Meaning, in one group you'll see the three wise men, Mickey Mouse in a Santa suit, Victorian carolers and Winnie the Pooh in a Santa hat. The whole front yard is like that. And in the middle of this group is the nativity scene. They touched up the eyes on the angel and it now looks downright demonic (I don't think they did this intentionally - the eyes faded and they were just trying to paint them back on and didn't do a very good job.)

RHJMap.jpg

Well I t'was readin' the darn instructions in the camera manual. They aren't exactly clear with their little pictures of whatever I'm suppose to use. Plus it stated using a tripod would be best. Well, I didn't feel like setting up my tripod for that. So because of the time needed to make the exposure, it's a bit wierd. But hey it's all in the learning.