What's your favorite smell???

a nice smell of a burning town, village or port

You forgot ships, mate. What about burning ships? :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple crumb baking

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Fresh hay

Art Gum erasers

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading through the posts and I have found every one's descriptions and thoughts on the sense of smell very interesting.

The olfactory sense is the both the strongest and most primative of all of our main five senses. The sense of smell can not be duplicated in any way. And it is the only sense that can trigger both memories and emotions. A whiff of perfume or the scent of a warm freshly baked apple pie can transport each of us back to a time and place with in our lives.

For me the smell of the first snow fall, or the first spring rain can transport me back to childhood. The whiff of the perfurme Evening in Paris reminds me of my mother when she was young and carefree. The tantalizing smell of crisp apples reminds me of Halloween and the sweet tangy scent of oranges or tangerines reminds me of Christmas.

For me the sense of smell is very provocative and powerful. And when a scent transports me back in time I cherish the moment and the memory.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

I was thinking today on one of my favorite scents....and it was the memory of my son as a new born babe and how wonderfully sweet he smelled.

And even though he is now almost 2 1/2, when ever I hold him I can sometimes still capture that scent.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

• 2 months later...

The smell of a summer rain and wet mud.

Apples.....mmmm, I love the smell of apples. It is one of three scents that I use for shampoo, soap, lotion and perfume. The other two being vanilla and lavendar. It all depends on me mood.

The breath of a newborn infant. It only lasts for a few days but it is so pure of a smell, hence the nickname angels breath ...My girlfriend who is a mom of 4 kids told me this before my first was born...and she was right. It's a unique smell and it doesn't last long

More appearling smell is fresh brewed coffee, the old fashion way...fresh Italian bread and home made lasagna!

kttcsignature.jpg

I love natural scents

When the wind blows hard enough at the beach so you can smell the sand and the salt in the water, the scent in the air just before it rains or snows, wood of a boat or pier when it's been warmed by the sun, christmas trees, fresh hay and baking at the holidays, suede, and Yucca flower oil.

Citrus & Sage candle from Yankee Candle Company.

The thousands of crushed cedar seeds in our driveway, fallen from a "mother" tree.

The lavender vanilla lotion I get from Bath & Bodyworks.

My herb garden after it rains - heaven!

The first "taste" in the air of the ocean, as we head toward the coast to spend the weekend on the boat.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Oh Ransom..lool we'll have to candle shop sometime..

I can't imagine how your herb gaden must smell..MMMM!

and I LOVE lavender..I could drown in it. It's so relaxing. When I take the sheets out of the wash with lavender they smell like spring.

Yardley has a very hard to get soap called English Garden which is a blend of lavender and roses. Its a favorite of mine.

The particular scent of Coppertone Sunblock always takes me to the beach..sigh

So many favorites to choose from.

I love the smell of autumn. The cool, crisp air blowing thru the trees, leaves and pumpkins. Just to name a few.

Candles, lately it's black rasberry or eucalyptus. Reminds me of walking thru Golden Gate Park.

Perfume, Chanel 19.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Oh Ransom..lool we'll have to candle shop sometime..

I can't imagine how your herb gaden must smell..MMMM!

Here, Red Cat, let me help you imagine...Welcome to my garden. B)

BTW, I have five different kinds of lavender, among dozens of other things, including English roses.

100_0911.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Red CAt pads through the charming little gate and just stands there breathing in. "Oh Ransom! now I AM envious...thanks for the invite! What gorgeous roses!! and the herbs and the laaaavender and....

siiigh *sniiiiiiiiiiiiffff *

Aye,....heavenly :lol:

Yankee Candle....oooh, I could spend hours in there and never get bored. I am a candle addict, just ask me husband. I love candles. And I always choose the candles to go with the seasons. Mmmm, I may have to take a trip now to Yankee Candle.

One of my favorite scents and it is very difficult to find is Black Licorise....It is a very warm scent and the aroma that fills up the house is divine. I mix the scent with Orange scented candles and the house smells Wonderful.

The candle scent for today is eucalyptus and autumn leaves. I'm so ready for fall to get here.

Aye....I love the scent of fall. Mmmm, Eucalyptus and Autumn leaves......

Now I will definitely need to go to Yankee Candle :ph34r:

Well of course it be that right wonderful smell of Rotten Eggs.

Cause rotten eggs be the smell of burnt powder. When I smells burnt powder the booty be near by and I be right happy!

So, ladies, if ye smells like rotten eggs I be goin fer yer booty!

Tar har har har :ph34r:

-Greydog

:ph34r:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Perfume- Provocative Woman

Lotion- Lavender Vanilla I have made for me though it’s been a long while..The lady who makes it let me name it so I called it DreamWillow. Or white tea..

Candles- Apple Cinnamon, Caramel, Spiced Rose

Scents in general- GINGERBREAD! The way the earth smells before a rain and then after it rains, Leather, The sea, Fall, that crisp just before wintery scent, pine trees, new cars, baby scents, Vanilla, lavender, cotton candy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

The smell of Fresh Lemonade

The smell of Christmas.....the scents of candy canes, ginger cookies, pine and turkey dinner.

The smell of Easter....the scents of candy in the easter baskets...marshmellow peeps, peanut butter eggs, and hot cinnamon buns.

The smell of slightly burnt toast and coffee.

The smell of my Grandfather...he always wore Old Spice...and he smelled of pipe tobbaco and fresh brewed coffee and freshly cut roses that were his pride and joy....I miss him so very much.

Mmmm, the smell of books. Walking in to a bookstore or library...Mmmm, what a wonderful smell.