What's your favorite smell???

Jet fuel? Yer right, Cat, yer weird! :lol:

Walking into a tack room and smelling leather and horse. Heaven!

Leather aye, that I can agree to, but can you actually still smell the horse scent? I can't any more...just so used to it...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Jenny that reminds me of when I was dating an amateur race car driver. There is something about that petroleum fuel & rubber combo that smells good.

:lol::lol: There ya go!!!! Immersion!!!!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

This is not favorite smells..... but smells that are stinky, but bring back memorys.....

can you actually still smell the horse scent? I can't any more...just so used to it...

Not horses.... but when I got out of the Army, I worked at a feed store..... after a while.... you didn't notice the smell..... last time I visted the place, I was supprised at how badly it stank..... but the smell of bags of dog food, or feed will bring back memorys of the place........

My boss has/had ( well I don't have to deal with them sence I moved) some horses.... I didn't really notice thier smell.... (but don't get me wrong.... I am Not a horse person..... I just fead them, and caught them when they got loose..... )... I'd rather walk than have to mess with horses......

too true Mr. Hand. Certain things bring back memories even if they aren't "good" smells. For me it's pigs. Nasty & smelly, but there was 1 pig farm up the road & I could always tell when we were near home because of the smell. Very different from the cows & horses everyone else's place smelled like B)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

We used to feed our horses this supplement that have mixed grains and molasses in it...it smelled so good that I was tempted to try it myself!

Our neighbors had a hog farm, and when the wind was right, we had to make sure there was no laundry on the line. Pungent.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

Jet fuel? Yer right, Cat, yer weird! B)

Walking into a tack room and smelling leather and horse. Heaven!

Leather aye, that I can agree to, but can you actually still smell the horse scent? I can't any more...just so used to it...

Oh yeah, I can still smell the horses. I might clarify that our "tack room" is the one in our four-horse trailer, so maybe it concintrates the smell more than a regular room for tack. But, I also love the sweaty smell horses get after being ridden, or playing out in the paddock during the summer. Guess ya gotta be a horse person to like that sort of thing. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

The leaves of tomato plants or mint in my garden. Ahhh summer on the brain.

Whoa! Thanks! That conjures up memories! When I was a kid, I used to cut my grandfather's grass once a week. There was a spot along the fence where someone must've planted mint at one time, and some must've still grown there low in the grass, because whenever I ran over that spot, the air filled with the smell of spearmint. Amazing.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

French triple milled soap...another scent reminicent of vacations..

A nice warm crackling fire on a cold snowy night.

French triple milled soap...another scent reminicent of vacations..

Actually, that reminds me of the Frangipani-scented soap (made by Key West Aloe) they always had at in my favorite place to stay in Key West. Alas, the sold the place out and turned it into condos. :lol: I understand the urge, but I sort of miss the place... (I didn't actually use the soap because it was perfumed, but I'd unwrap it anyhow - mainly for the scent. It was a vacation smell...)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I have several: Eucalyptus, red cedar, roses, rosemary, honeysuckle on a warm summer day... :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Stickin' your nose in a cat's warm tummy and taking a deep breath. Yeah, my cats love this — I have no facial scars. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^Hey Heeey HEY!!!! ohhh YOUR Cat....

Lavendar...it's so relaxing...

Love the smell o' peach pie bakin' in the oven.

Aye they were fun!

MM peach...save me a slice?

the smell of cinnabons... I could stand there in front of the cinnabon shop for hours just taking in that wonderful smell...

(Jacky turns blackjohn away from the Cinnabons store, and points t' a Bowflex store in the mall.)

Cinnamon does smell great. I like the smell o' hot cider wit' a cinnamon stick in it.

Okay...I am taking a big stretch on this topic of scents and smells...to one of the garden and natural pesticides. I heard that peppermint oil keeps the rodent family away. Recently the cute and cuddly little squirrels that I adored so much have become horrible little mauraders. They dug up every single spring bulb I planted and ate them or destroyed them. They ate my cyclamen flowers and my last african daisy flower. Arrrrrh. I watched a bit of that informercial with the gent that has that book with 1001 natural pesticides and he mentioned the above. This weekend I bought 100% peppermint oil and doused a couple of peanuts in it for bait plus sprinkled some around my potted plants that they keep getting into. Has anyone ever tried it? Will let you know how my own experiment goes if you want to know.

So sorry for straying from topic...but these little buggers must be vanquished! lol :huh:

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

^Hey Heeey HEY!!!! ohhh YOUR Cat....

Lavendar...it's so relaxing...

;););)

If I sniffed your tummy, Cat, would I smell jet fuel? ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg