What's your favorite smell???

I know that antiques smell...it reminds me of another smell I like.

The smell of haunted house. It's fresh sawdust, paint, latex masks, wet wood and honest sweat all mixed together. What a scent! (It's probably better than it sounds.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what the exact "smell" is, my wife says it mold. But the smell is in an old attic, basement, shed etc.

I love that dusty dry smell! It reminds me of my grandparents gargage.

The smell of crisp leaves in the autumn is one of my favorites.

Lilacs in the spring, Cookies baking

Hands down the smell of beach areas is my favorite. The salt air mixed with good food.

Perfume wise I like body sprays from Bath & Body Works that smell like fruit. Right now I'm wearing Black Rasberry Vanilla.

I'm not much of an expert on men's fragrances though.

I know that smel too GOF. HAve gone antiquing with my bro who restores radios and tv.s

Also love the smell of the inside of musical instrument cases, it's a sweet rosiny smell..comes from years around em and playing.

The smell of fresh new electronics - This is a distinct smell also borne of years in the music gear industry..

The smell of old tube equipment evokes a warm happy feel

Another is art gum erasers. every time I smell one it takes me instanty back to elementary school.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Lilacs in the spring

I love the smell of blooming lilacs. My mom had a few lilac bushes that she'd have to trim each year, and she'd give me tons of flowers to pass along to friends or take to work. In FL I haven't encountered any yet, but a local bath store (Basin) has a glycerin soap with a "lilac" in it that smells alot like it.

I miss the mixed smell of fresh pine trees, rain and mountain air.

I miss the smell of antiques too (haven't been to a store in a while, let alone a home with history).

I'm still stuck on the Demeter fragrance library. I have other perfumes, but love their wackiness when it comes to a WIDE array of smells. I'm still using my current favorite, orange creamsicle.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Geeez have you people HEARD of department stores...geesh. Okay I like scents from nature as well like Franchincense from Faire, but come on there are bottles of perfumes and colognes to be had at the Macy's etc.

Okay I like 275 and Obsession, those I trade off. Men usually like both on me. For me beau I gave him a nice big bottle of Pi which makes him smell like "Boy Candy" for me.

And a note for the fellas that say they just like a clean smelling woman..soap and shower smell...me beau likes that as well and remarks upon it as well.

Now the rest of ya...throw away those old dime store bottles and Avon yes Avon and go git yerself some proper stuff. :huh:

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Some of the best fragrances IMO can't be found in department stores. A lady outside of Santa Fe does a really good Sandlewood/Patchouli/Rose blend that no one else has been able to duplicate. I've tried commercial perfumes and colognes, but I prefer scents that you really can't get at a department store. But that's just me...

Jack likes Escada for men, but that's a tough one to find. So many of the men's scents smell like furniture polish to me.

RHJMap.jpg

Jill,

Yes I can understand that, you have to try them on overnight to see if they smell good. Many of the dept store ones kinda smell good at first and then yuck a 1/2 hour later.

In respect to the blended ones that indiviual perfumers make yes they can be quite lovely and better than store at times. That is why I did put in my post about the Franchinscense oil that I love from faire and sometimes use it as a base with Obsession.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Geeez have you people HEARD of department stores...geesh.  Okay I like scents from nature as well like Franchincense from Faire, but come on there are bottles of perfumes and colognes to be had at the Macy's etc. 

Okay I like 275 and Obsession, those I trade off.  Men usually like both on me.  For me beau I gave him a nice big bottle of Pi which makes him smell like "Boy Candy" for me.

And a note for the fellas that say they just like a clean smelling woman..soap and shower smell...me beau likes that as well and remarks upon it as well.

Now the rest of ya...throw away those old dime store bottles and Avon yes Avon and go git yerself some proper stuff.  :lol:

You're killin' me!

There is a woman on ebay who makes luscious scented oils, with great names.

I bought 3 from her, they were Pirate's Musk, Pirate's Midnight Rum, and, of course, I had to buy Black Rose.

They are great scents!

ooh perfume..a favorite subject...

Red Door, Estee Lauder Pleasures, JLO Glow, ICI dusting powder, Antonio Banderas Spirit, Cool Water for Women, to name a few

Oh and then theres the reeeally expensive stuff

I don't know about other guys, but I tend to prefer women not to wear artificial scents for the most part. (As for those women who bathe in the goop...that's me running in the other direction, roadrunner style.) Patrick's girls in the orient rubbing orange peels on their wrists sounds a bit more interesting.

My ex- always said she liked the way I smelled - Johnson's Baby Shampoo and Ivory soap. :ph34r: (Yep, baby shampoo. Nope, I never did grow up, either.)

"Am I not?"

Leather. I love it. Not the kind that's used in cars or furniture, but the kind that you wear. It's best if it's brain-tanned, and has been smoked. Also...and this one's a bit odd, I suppose...I love the smell of horses. They have their own peculiar smell. Mmm, and wild rose hips.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

my kids

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Salt air, rain in the summer and the sand when its windy at the beach

What is your favoite perfume or smell on a man or woman?

Okay...onions and mushrooms are great for the tummy but the above....?

Bringing you all back around what the topic was... :lol::lol::lol:

Well, the topic title reads differently.

The best smell on a woman is...clean woman. No artificial scents. Or maybe orange peels. Possibly garlic from a shared meal.

"Am I not?"

Sheets just out of the dryer..

Hyacinths (dreaming of spring)

That must be an odd experience...

But better than in a puddle of beer with a handfull of hops...

Jill, you live an unusual life..cool.