What's your favorite smell???

Ok, we have discussed shaving and not shaving. Beard or not, what do you like in a man or woman. So's I put's it to you all. What is your favoite perfume or smell on a man or woman? Or what do you use?

Being in Miami I get's the load of smells on the lasses. I get the latin, caribbean and everything in between. I like the citrus smelling perfumes my self. I usually wear Fierce or Issay Miyake.

So lads and lasses fess up. B):lol:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the gents, I actually like cologne that smells a bit like spices (i.e. cinnamon, nutmeg). Jo Malone has a good one that's a manly mix that smells soo good. Almost edible.

I like similar fragrance on myself, though I do veer towards other perfumes that give a nod to natural smells (especially demeter or philosophy...the latter has great bath products that smell yummy).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I stopped wearing colognes and scents about 5 years ago. I also don't wash my clothes in scented detergents, nor use a fragrant soap (I use Ivory). I really enjoy smelling just a person's natural scent whenever possible.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I like "Old Spice"..... but the bottle ran out last year.... an no one got me more last Christmass.......

One of the things that I discovered.... when I'd wear it.....It brought up memorys from the women who smelled it...... (I'd alway ask if they were "good" memorys......)

Just..... a nice basic traditional, Manly scent....

(and it covers up th' smell of gunpowder and bilge water quite nicely.... something that I think thier advertising department has compleatly overlooked.......)

Iwear old spice on a daily basis and used to wear a fragrance called Navigator before they stopped making it when I got dressed up. On women anything thats understated works well I hate chicks that smell like rubbing alchool....chicks that smell like whiskey on the other hand :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Well Patrick, send me your address, and I'll make sure you get some fresh bottles of Old Spice for Christmas. :D

I will forever love the old Hai Karate on men. It just titilated my senses into sexy orgasms of love.

My other favorites are Lagerfeld and Preferred Stock for the guys.

For me, I absolutely love Vanilla Fields, unfortunately I can't use it cuz my companion can't take the perfume smell. (I had to get rid of the bottle I had when we got together- I was heartbroken!)

So now I settle for my second favorite, Comfort Scents by Avon (sold a long time ago, not anymore), the Chocolate Dessert one.

Otherwise it's the usual Sandlewood or Patchouly oils. Most of the time though, I don't wear any scent.

Although I don't be wearin' fragrances meself, if I had to decide on two colognes that I have a fondness for (because of the memories they induce) they would be Stetson on a guy and Vanderbilt on a woman.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Napalm in the morning?

You know, I can't say I think much of scents on people either way. I do dislike it when people bathe themselves in scent - although I suspect everyone except the bather thinks likewise.

Scents in general are another matter. There is something nice about the smell of coconut. And fresh ground coffee. I actually like the smell of new tires, although after talking at length with a girl in a tire store, I understand it gives you a headache when you're around it all day. The odor of baking cookies is nice. Corned beef cooking in a crock pot is good (although I don't eat meat I can still enjoy the scent).

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Even when she's on her period? :ph34r:

That's disgusting... :ph34r:

I'd have to say my favorite cologne is Davidoff "Cool Water", and for a woman, Anais Anais.

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Okay... not addressing Christine's question...

Favorite smells (these are not colognes):

- Egg nog

- Banana anything

- This smell: Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package instructions. Add two tablespoons of butter to skillet over low heat, then pour in the rice/vermicelli mix. Stir to evenly coat rice, making sure the heat is not too high (avoid scorching the butter!)... wait for it... wait for it... when it is cooking well, and while stirring often to keep it from burning, lower your face as close as possible over the skillet and inhale deeply. That smell. That cannot be equaled nor surpassed by any scent imaginable.

As far as cologne is concerned...

- The musky cologne or odor (as yet unidentified by me) that some women wear, which was the same thing worn by the lesbian girlfriend of my own high school girlfriend (this is a terribly, terribly long story). When I get a whiff of it (usually in crowds -- who is wearing that?), it takes me back... so far back...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Ahhh, Christine Christine Christine.....ye are a unique piece o' work, did they not break the mold after makin' ye.....we kin always be countin' on ye to spice up (should I be sayin' "heat up") the boards here.....ye jes keep lettin' it all hang loose, sweetheart....(n' now don't ye be playin' wi' me words, ye knows what I be meanin')..... :(

IT STILL BE DA SMELL OF MONEY!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

Armpits, smelly.

Doritos and tuna (think, think)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ilike the smell of my woman in the morning when we wake there is all that warmth and love and it has it's own clean and can't be copied scent that pleases me to all ends. I use a few fragrances. A really old one I still find hard to find is Brittish Sterling. Then (I for faire) mix Aramis with a vanilla, musk oil, sandlewood I get at faire. And the go too, Polo Sport.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.