Snow at last!

Yeah, we're having a bit o' snow here in Alaska today as well. This is right after record rain (one figure I heard was 4.74" in 13 hours, but it was raining pretty hard for days...record rainfall in Sitka is like record heat in the Sahara, it's serious) and people are nervous now that trees will start to come down with soggy soil and soon to be heavier trees. We already had a couple of mudslides and a building come down this week. At least for now, though, it's not a problem.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

snow.....snow...i seem to recall that word in va, but in fl now...ummmm...

Fred-Howard-Park.jpg

naw....still dont remember it

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

I always get a kick out of people who say they love snow...until they have to shovel it. :lol:

This is why we have a truck with a plow, a tractor with a plow and bucket and a 4wheeler with a plow :) We thought ahead.

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

That's why I live in Sitka. I can walk to my boat in about 30 minutes, ride my bike in 10, or drive in 5. I'm sure I'll be able to do at least one of those regardless of how much snow there is.

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg