POTC2 TRAILER!!!!!

Charity

The trailer is indeed attached to Narnia! Was great to see Captain Sparrow up on the big screen again!!

The other day me best bud, Sea Wolf, and I were watchin' the trailer on the computer, and she came up with the idea to use the movie feature on her digital camera, so now she can go through it frame by frame to catch anything that we had previously missed! We had tried doing that on the computer, but the digital camera works better!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stranglehold helped out with the Narnia premier at the Parkway Plaza theater yesterday (I was Father Christmas!). EVERYONE who saw it loved it. Lots of smiles from people exiting the theater.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I'm curious to check it out. I had read the books in grade school and also watched that cartoon movie. Capt. Morgan had told me tho it seemed they were trying to have it like the Lord of Rings movies. Especially with the battle scenes. Speaking of Peter Jackson, anyone interested in checking out his new King Kong movie? Starting this Wednesday? That also looks really good too. I'm sure they'll have the Pirates 2 trailer with that too. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I don't know. Fantasy battle scenes with swords seem pretty generic to me. I'm not a fight choreographer, but I don't know what they can do with a sword battle that is new...

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

I saw the trailer a while ago and thought it was awesome. Jack was hilarious as usual. Will was funny too. I hardly recognized Elizabeth in that pirate outfit. I thought she hated pirates. A change of heart, eh? :lol:

I've yet to see Narnia and King Kong. But I love going to the cinema so I'm sure I'll see both soon enough.

A pirate by heart, a pirate in my soul

I always steal whatever I need, no self-control

I always long to sail my ship and explore the sea

So you'd better beware me!

Because Captain Pirate is near. And a girl too so fear

Don't you dare to question me and I might let you live

I fight and kill those without skill

So surrender now...and bow!

Well, tomorrow I'm seeing a late night showing of King Kong up in LA. Anyone ever hear of The Dome? That's where my friends got the tickets at. Anyway, hopefully they'll show the Pirates 2 trailer with it!

Going to the Arclight??? Very nice theatre.

I'm not sure we are attached to King Kong. If I can find out before I leave this afternoon I'll let you know.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'll see King Kong Saturday. Hopefully, they'll also show the POTC trailer. :)

I've seen it on the internet. But to see something on a huge screen with surround sound is quite different in my opinion.

A pirate by heart, a pirate in my soul

I always steal whatever I need, no self-control

I always long to sail my ship and explore the sea

So you'd better beware me!

Because Captain Pirate is near. And a girl too so fear

Don't you dare to question me and I might let you live

I fight and kill those without skill

So surrender now...and bow!

Yes, that's it, the Arclight! My friends refer to it as the Dome sometimes too. I've heard nothing but great things about this theater from friends who live up there. The whole movie experience is awesome when you watch it at this theater. Well, cool, I guess I'm in for a real treat then! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yes, that's it, the Arclight! My friends refer to it as the Dome sometimes too. I've heard nothing but great things about this theater from friends who live up there. The whole movie experience is awesome when you watch it at this theater. Well, cool, I guess I'm in for a real treat then! :ph34r:

Yes, they are awesome theatres.

It use to be known as the CINERAMA DOME when it was first built in the 60's.

Arclight bought the dome and built new theatres around it as well.

The seating in the Dome is old though since it's been declaired historical so... in some seats the leg room can be at a premium. No new, updated seats. Just a historical place to rest yer carcass!

Enjoy it. The film is amazing! (I saw it last week)

BRING KLEENEX!!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I did see "The Lion, the Witch & the Waredrobe" on Sunday & there before the film.. the first preview as the Trailer to PotC 2! Ooooooo.... I was ALL grins! I think even my mum is curious now. She's NOT the kind to be watching but she did enjoy that little snippet of Jack. So.. compliments to Depp there.... mom likes Jack!

Ol' Davey Jones looks right wicked!

Hopefully... will be goin' to see the Narnia film again... & so very eager to see the trailer again!

I tell ya, Bess! I'm ready, willing & able to wreck havoc upon an unsuspecting world. I think I & another pirate be thinking about doing something on the opening of PotC 2. :) Something in the Chicago area.

& I'm right curious, Bess... what they will do with the ships after the filming is over. Please I pray they will not demolish them! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Don't demolish them! Hope Disney keeps the ships & goes to Pirate festivals with them! Or even just PiP would be wild enough! Or at least something to keep them afloat for the world to enjoy &to walk upon the decks of legendary vessels.

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

& I'm right curious, Bess... what they will do with the ships after the filming is over. Please I pray they will not demolish them! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Don't demolish them! Hope Disney keeps the ships & goes to Pirate festivals with them! Or even just PiP would be wild enough! Or at least something to keep them afloat for the world to enjoy &to walk upon the decks of legendary vessels.

Well... ships that are rented and done up for the films are of course put back the way the were and returned to their owners.

Ships built for the films are not really whole ships. Just partial sets on barges with one exception. Hard to say though... they demolished the last ones and sold it for scrap, bits and pieces.

This time they may hang onto them... however the large models go to the production company.

Jerry Bruckheimer has the Black Pearl from the first movie in his back yard. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:ph34r: I bet Jerry B just LOVES that Black Pearl ship.

well.. hopes that they keep those vessels in one piece. What a fabulous piece of movie history those ships would be to visit! Just like the Bounty!

I tell ya... I'm eager to see her again & to walk upon her decks again. Patiently awaiting her voyage up the Ol' Miss, too. IF she ever gets there. Hope she makes it back to Lake Michigan to Chicago again. Perhaps some year for the new Pirates Festival at Port washington, WI.

Here's to luck for the rest of the year. Sounds like it's well needed!

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

No Pirates 2 trailer with King Kong last night. But then again I've been told the Arclight doesn't show a lot of trailers. There was about 3 and then the movie started. They also don't show commercials like regular theatres do. So, who knows, maybe with regular theatres they'll show Pirates 2 with it. BTW, Arclight is a great theatre and we watched it in the Dome, which was uber cool! I have never gone to the movies where I had assigned seating like at plays/musicals. VERY cool! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Me friend Sea Wolf and I were to get a personal tour of the shipyard where the Black Pearl was built by Russell Steiner himself! We were able to get closer than our news photojournalist friend, and we were taken into the shipyard office and got to see the plans on the wall! We didn't get to go on the ship because they were loading the huge anchors that day and it wasn't safe, but we got close enough to almost touch it!

They told us at the shipyard that the Black Pearl would be displayed at Disneyland after filming!

You can see pics in me friend's photobucket at:

www.photobucket.com

username: seawolf88

password: pirate

Click on the Black Pearl up close album

There also more pics in the Black Peal album and pics of the Bounty being refitted in the Bounty album!

Fantastic pics! Thanks for posting those for us!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

• 4 weeks later...

saw the trailer when we went to see chronicles of narnia (great film) twice - one by ourselves and the other time we took the kids! it's going to kill me to wait for the release this summer!!!!! and i am a major johnny depp fan - have been forever. :lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

I about flolloped out of my seat when I realized Davy Jones has tentacles all over his face. I mean, not enough movie characters have tentacles these days! TRES WICKED! XD

Now, I'm sure some of you will think I'm right odd, but if Jack doesn't... erm, mutate into some kind of hybrid at some point, I'll be sorely disappointed. I'm hoping for some kind of angler fish myself. With little lights at the end of his beard-braids.

I about flolloped out of my seat when I realized Davy Jones has tentacles all over his face. I mean, not enough movie characters have tentacles these days! TRES WICKED! XD

Now, I'm sure some of you will think I'm right odd, but if Jack doesn't... erm, mutate into some kind of hybrid at some point, I'll be sorely disappointed. I'm hoping for some kind of angler fish myself. With little lights at the end of his beard-braids.

Never happen.

They have to keep him look'n *Purdy* fer all the girls! :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif