POTC2 TRAILER!!!!!

Charity

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect the trailer will be officially public with the movie The Chronicles of Narnia which comes out right before Christmas. Six months ahead during the Holiday season is great timing for a trailer release. I've already seen trailers for November 2006. Those tick me off.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Oh and just another quick note, the music this time is by Hans Zimmer, not Klaus Bladet. I guess Hans learned his lesson on the first one. Sometimes you just have to take a chance on a pirate movie.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

We were fortunate enough to have a showing of the trailer about 3 weeks ago at a party to boost morale. It was on a wide screen with dolby sound. Cool!

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Well, trying for the forth time in three days to get the download. So far it seems to be going okay, except for being really slow. Been at it for over a half an hour, and only half way done. Hope it works this time.

Saw the poster for DMC when I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. Loved the little staw voodoo doll hanging from one side of the skull. It has Captain Jack's myopic drunken expression down perferct. Would look great hanging from the rear view mirror of my truck. Wonder if they'll come out with one once the movie is released?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

one thing i dont understand is the "mark". Is it like the black spot? And does this still have to do with the Aztec Gold from the first one, and is Davy a squid or is that just a werid beard (for some reason it appears really dark on my screen, even when i turn up my screens brightness).

but no matter what, this summer is going be amazing. and now they are filming part 3 (imdb.com). :)

so i cant wait :D

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: says eye..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

one thing i dont understand is the "mark". Is it like the black spot? And does this still have to do with the Aztec Gold from the first one, and is Davy a squid or is that just a  werid beard (for some reason it appears really dark on my screen, even when i turn up my screens brightness).

I'd bet it's some take off of the black spot. This movie looks like it co-opts several pirate myths/legends like Davy Jones (who isn't actually anyone historical - no one even knows the true source of the term 'davy jones locker' - I've heard at least 7 different theories on that), the Flying Dutchman and apparently the black spot. Well, they had to do something now that they used up most of the scenes on the ride, right?

Doesn't look like they use the Aztec Gold in this one. But then why would they?

To see a good image of Davy Jones, check out the Concept Art link on the Yahoo! page Black Pearl references. Disney's conception of Davy Jones appears to be some sort of undead-ish squid/man thing. All his crew members appear to be similar undead creature/human combos. ILM's concept artists frequently do stuff like that. (I think it's ILM.) G. Lucas discovered that when you make a creature or setting too unlike something the average movie-goer is familiar with, they don't identify with it as readily as when you do and they tend to lose interest in what's going on.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

As far as DJ'S crew goes, I had heard that the idea is that the longer ago they had been killed (sent to DJ's Locker), the more they take on qualities of the sea. More barnacles and sea weed and various types of squid/crab/etc. they become. So a freshly sent pirate would still look fairly human.

Sounds fair to me! :ph34r:

POTC 2 trailer in all the media formats you need to view.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesoft...dmanschest.html

Grammercy me lady. Grammercy . . . :ph34r: :) :huh:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

POTC 2 trailer in all the media formats you need to view.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesoft...dmanschest.html

Grammercy me lady. Grammercy . . . ;) :) ;)

My pleasure!

~Black Hearted Pearl

As far as DJ'S crew goes, I had heard that the idea is that the longer ago they had been killed (sent to DJ's Locker), the more they take on qualities of the sea. More barnacles and sea weed and various types of squid/crab/etc. they become. So a freshly sent pirate would still look fairly human.

Then I'll bet you that Barbossa is a member of his crew in the third film.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

BARBOSSA IS IN THE TRAILER!!!!!!!

Mostly Mischief of Where'stherum.com said it and i disagreed, it's 6,40 am and i had no sleep yet..

I converted and burned it and played it on tv and this came out..

It's blurry but those with good eyes, see the beard and on the last pics, see Jack the monkey on his shoulder!

If you go to this place and let it go step by step you can see it clearly, the beard and mostly..Jack sitting on his shoulder.

This brings up many questions..what is he doing on the Pearl with Jack..or does Jack see a preminition of Barbossa and this is why he freaks out?

But you clearly see Barbossa turn around and walk onto a staircase or just away..and he's holding something that looks like a skull..in his left hand..

Voodoo?

Who knows..here are the pics, sorry for bad quality, they're zoomed in.

If you go step by step you can see it yourself, better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/Bar...rl/PDVD_000.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/Bar...rl/PDVD_001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/Bar...rl/PDVD_002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/Bar...ssasPearl/1.jpg

hero.jpg