Insurance for black powder groups?

lorien_stormfeather

Here in the Northwest, we have few faires. Some require certs for live steel, and up 'till now, the ones that do allow black powder don't ask for any proof of insurance.

There is a new faire being planned and they have stated that they would love to have cannon but to allow black powder we must be covered.

Does anyone on this board buy annual insurance for their black powder

group or purchase certs for one day or weekend events?

Are there any faires/events that require insurance?

I'm trying to find out if there are any carriers familiar with responcible re-enactment groups out there

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

Not really positive about this but you could start by looking at the N.R.A. I've heard they do some work in that realm and I have my firearms insured with them. As I said though not sure if they have what you are looking for.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I know there's some Civil War reenactors down that way. I'd try to find them and ask. They'd probably have the best idea and would be willing to help out other reenactors.

Coastie :rolleyes:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Ahoy Coastie and Patrick: The boys in blue and grey be next on me list.

When I looked at the NRA insurance info form for gun "clubs" it asks for a detailed description of the shooting "site" . Since we have no fixed site and our venues change, I'm not sure we will qualify, but I'll inquire some more.

Check also with the Single Action Shooters Society (SASS); I would think they'd need coverage for much of what they do as well.

Happy Blastin'!

:huh:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

Hi Monterrey Jack...

Here is what I have found out so far...

there is public liability coverage available through this compnay... see below.

Cost is $ 350-700 per year minimum, depending on membership numbers and amount of coverage purchased up to 1mill. I will not include the application- you can e-mail or call if interested.....

The difficult issue is that they require 50% of group members to be NRA members. Besides the possible political objections, not half of our members even handle firearms, so we'll see.

Not a word in their application about re-enactors carrying or demoing swords or daggers!

-----------------

Thank you for your inquiry into Reenactment Club insurance through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Program. Attached please find our application for General Liability insurance.

Please complete this application to the best of your ability. If you can’t complete every line, that is okay! I will call you back if I need any of the missing information. Should any questions or concerns develop, please don’t hesitate to contact me at our toll-free number 877-487-5407. Once I receive your completed application, I will be able to determine your eligibility and put together a proposal with quote for you.

NRA Guidelines require that your club become an NRA Club Affiliate at $35.00 per year, as well as at least 50% of total club members be NRA Members Individually. I am able to take care of the club portion, but members will need to register either by calling 800-672-3888 or on-line at www.nrahq.org

Thank you for your interest in the NRA Endorsed Insurance Program! I look forward to hearing back from you!

Sincerely,

Dan Hilboldt

NRA Endorsed Insurance Program

Administered by Lockton Affinity

Toll-Free Phone: 877-487-5407

Direct Fax: 913-652-4680

DHilboldt(at)locktonaffinity.com

Yeah that is the draw back with the NRA we do (or pherhaps I should say they ) have a members only kinda mentality. Wish I could help more but to be honest checking with SASS and the Blue & Gray may be your best bet from here. If I run into one of my renactor buddies with the Sons of Confederate Vetrans I'll ask how they go about it but It's rare that I run into them these days.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Another place to look is the Living History Association. They have an insurance rider you can get if your group is a member

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."