What are you like when you're drunk?

Caraccioli

Ok, first off (and I expect I'll wind up repeating this) I'm not talking about your fantasy about 69 virgins and 3 slim llamas. Please save that nonsensical guff for The Way to a Pyrate's Heart forum.

I'm asking what you do when you've a skinfull of the stuff. Are you playful? Belligerent? Coy? Dippy? Obnoxious? Dancing on the tables?

I was dining with friends this eve and watching a couple sink slowly into intoxication. At the start of the dinner, She had a scarf on and her arms literally in front of her and He looked distracted and worried about something. By the end of the dinner, Her hair was down, the scarf off and the elbows were splayed on the table while He gazed directly into her eyes (or possibly down her gaping shirt). It was like watching those time-lapse photos where a flower opens.

Me, I get more obnoxiously philosophical and start asking increasingly odd questions like, "What are you like when you're drunk?" (This is why I generally tend to drink with my fellow (alleged) philosophers.)

So...what are you like when you're drunk? The PG answer. (Not even PG-13.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me I become a charicture of my normal personality. The normaly understanding fun loving indvidual is even more so than I get smashed and want to go to bed. Pretty simple really Lewis Grizzard the late columnist used an eleven stages of drunkeness guide to open his book "My Daddy was a Pistol" If I can find it I'll post it as it describes even better what happens when I get drunk.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

One of the joys of growing older is that I'm a cheap date now. LOL

Give me a couple glasses of wine or a strong cocktail and any of the following may occur:

1) I become very amourous and more charming than usual;

2) I become very talkative, humourous, and animated, letting down my inhibitions to become quite visibly 'gay';

3) I want to hear music and/or go dancing;

4) All of the above.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Caraccioli, I just gots ta hand it to ye....ye come up wi' the best topics. ifn we e'er meet we needs ta get sloshed n' philosophize 'bout the mysteries o' the universe, etc., mate, ....the more I know the less I know, I likes ta say .... kin ya tell I be havin' a few already? :lol: ...here's to ya n' where yer mind wanders off to.......

I'm normally pretty quiet, anyways. Always lookin' like I'm pissed off. When I'm snockered, 'tis much worse. If I drink tequila, I start lookin' fer a fight. Uhhh...hence I stay away from tequila...

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

I get quieter and more withdrawn and then descend into apathy.

I'm like that when I am drinking in a place with a lot of people. That's why I don't generally enjoy going to bars or big parties. Apathy describes the final state quite well. If I'm really exercising my capacity, I eventually wind up sinking so far into myself that I want nothing more than be by myself in my little spinning world. That's why I'm pretty cautious about how much I drink.

Thanks, Mick! I try, surely I do...people - particularly the reasons they do and think things - fascinate me.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I'm of like mind with Christine on this subject. I've never been drunk, and if I've ever gotten a (short lived) buzz, I know it's time to stop. If I'm with people who I am comfortable having said buzz around, I try to keep as even keeled as I can possibly be considering the circumstances, though I know I can be a tad more giggly, humor driven, or into deeper discussion.

I'm not much for bars...if I do go to one, I'm usually getting an iced tea and a goofy look. ;)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

So...what are you like when you're drunk?

A cross between Bill Murray in Caddyshack and George Carlin.

Yeah, it's a hoot . . ;);)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I'm not a big drinker, but when I do get tipsy, I like to laugh and I get real warm and "I love you man" fuzzy. Then I fall asleep.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I'm normally pretty quiet, anyways. Always lookin' like I'm pissed off. When I'm snockered, 'tis much worse. If I drink tequila, I start lookin' fer a fight. Uhhh...hence I stay away from tequila...

Don't feel too bad mate, I'm the same way with tequila. ;) I have been from “Nicely Buzzed” to “What Happened”. Hey Carter remember Hollywood, we ended up in Compton, one hell of a night. Usually I'm pretty chill, its kinda like weed, I get all smiley and laid back. Sometimes I'm happy and bouncy, really depends on what I drink and the mood I'm in. ;)

Petee-2.jpg

First off, I have a really odd tolerance to alcohol. I recall on one occasion drinking 17 pints, then walking home and starting on the port. Couple of my mates got hungry so I whipped up an omelette, didn't burn it, did the washing up and went to bed only just the wrong side of sober. On other occasions I've puked and passed out after 5. Some nights I can really handle my alcyhole, some nights I really can't. B)

When I get drunk I go one of two ways. I philosophise deeply for an hour or two and then want nothing more than to go to bed. OR I get filled with bravado. Not your usual macho bravado, but a kind of stupid, daft bravado. Suddenly, someone needs to direct traffic, and I am the man to stand in the dual-carriage way and do it. If I need to be sick I'll deliberately go off to find the highest possible point I can to do it from. That kind of thing.

If I get drunk on wine I feel like I become the world's greatest lover, but I'm probably more akin to Pepe le Pew.

This is why I don't get drunk all that often... birthdays, Christmas, days with the letter "y" in their name...

B)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

birthdays, Christmas, days with the letter "y" in their name...

B)

B)

I'm on the same schedule. Odd...... B)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

It depends upon the booze, really.

Tequila - Extroverted, comical, adventurous

Rum - Out of control party animal

Wine - Mouthy, mildly extroverted, easily confused

Beer - Mischievious, loud

Vodka - Not a nice person at all, which is why I never touch it anymore

Whiskey - Sick

Moonshine - I can't remember, nor can anyone else...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Wow, Mad Jack - that's certainly a wide assortment of drunken states!

The only difference it makes to me is if I drink a lot of beer I make more trips to the washroom. I think it's a safe assumption that pretty much everyone can say the same thing (about the beer and washroom visits, that is...)

RHJMap.jpg

Ah... when I get's me one tied on mates...

...I be lookin' for some lovely to hang onta...

...not simply fer the plunderin...

...I likes to cuddle a bit furst, doncha know?

Rolls her up in an embrace, huggs the Jesus outta her...

...kisses her wherever she like ta be kissed...

...happy to takes me time, hopin' she's happy to take hers...

...hopin' she takes hers slow as she can manage.

Fer there be no hurry nor no worry... alls the same when the cock crows.

Where some men whither, this man stands tall.

(I have it on good authority, doncha know?)

A few shots o' rum and I'm bloody Cassanova, or so I be'n told.

I have no reason to disbelieve the rumor. :rolleyes:

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

:huh::huh: nice.......

Me......Louder by the pint/rum/joint..........Needs t' get me two peneth in before I fergets it........Convo's tend t' speed up the more grog I imbibe, so try's t' put me point in over everyone else.....(hangs head). :huh:

Normally end up either Completly four sheets so's I can't stand. With an overwhelmin' ''WE GO NOW''... home t' bunk attitude t' me missus..(hate wakin' up somewhere strange)..

Or Gets second wind an' wants t' ''Out race/ shoot/ fly everyone in the room on the PS2......(sad eh?).. :huh:

Oh.......an' naught fergettin' the time I dragged some poor bugger in from the street an' played Status Quo songs t' him until he shouted that I know more about their music than he did.........he only said that he'd been t' the gig....an' did we know where the hotel he was stayin' at was.......hurr hurrr...Dew I was drunk that time........cowers!!

sheesh!!.......I think I need Ciarans confesh booth!!...... :o:huh::huh::huh:

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

I don't change all that much. Perhaps too much practice. I often find other people more pleasant though. Is it that they are more pleasant, or that my perception changes? Need more research...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...