Name yer ship

Pew

Well, 'ere's one about a real Pyrate ship, and the REAL story...Most 'o ye be familiar with this 'ere ship 'o mine, the Royaliste..

225.jpg

Now, the 'skinney'..Royaliste was originally built 'Wandrian II' for a rich-arsed dentist....He fell on hard times and set her on fire, hoping for the insurance cash...the designer took the ship, fixed the burned stuff, and resold her. Several owners later, she was a rotted hulk. The skipper 'afore me rebuilt her from hull up into the wonderful 1755 Tops'l ketch she is now..Altho' 'royaliste' usually refers to the side of King Louis, the real deal is that the former Capts. wife's maiden name , being French-type Quebec 'n all, was 'LeRoi', hence..'le ROYALISTE'...Fast forward, and I'm huntin' three mil. or so to build me next one, a privateer from history named the 'REVENGE'....."Got any spare change?" :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name of me ship huh

Well construction of the Becky Lynn (a pram designed by Jim Michalack (the design's name is piccup)) should begin after Christmas.

I call me tri hull fishing boat The tri Hard ( old joke tri hard not to laugh while I beat myself to death.)

I haven't named my Jhon boat and the plans I've been working on for a flat bottomed pocket cruiser are called The Wood Duck.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

My "would be" ship would be dubbed "Blue Thunder." She'd hopefully be lookin somethin' like this:

| | | |

| | | |

___________ | |

|__________| | | _________/

|_ [] [] [] []_ \_________________/________/

\_________________________________/

| \_______ [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []_____/

\__\_________________________/

\_____________________/

Somethin' like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Velvet Cutlass

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Like a good pyrate, I've had several ships. I remember me first ship, a lovely vessel she was. The Breaking Wind. And her consort ship, the Flatulant. The world's first gas powered ships, they were. But they were noisy and smelled bad, and to get 'em to go, ye had to pull the captain's finger.

Me next ship had problems.

The Constipation.

Couldn't go.

And the ship after that was the Incontinent, and it had the opposite problem...it couldn't control where it was going.

From there, I had a long stream of mighty vessels:

The Royal Pain

The Flying Fig

The Crying Dutchman

The Raging Queen

The Insipid

The Angry Boil

I'd throw in the Running Sore, but the Pyrates Royale already used that one.

:lol:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

Ahhh... I am already lovin' this topic.

Welp, Ladies an' Gents.. here be my vessels of chaos:

the Resurrection

Resurrectionredsails.jpg

the Saint Elmo's Fire

the Crimson Mourning

and the Death's Head

Other vessel? Perhaps... but not yet.

though I do fancy some vessel from the Pirates constructable card game: the Revenant, Roanoke, Harbringer, HMS Goliath, Black Swan, the Monkey's Paw... plus many others.

Oh, an' one vessel I dare say it's not pirate vessel.. though Spaniards thought it was. Ol' Mendoza replied that it wasn't a pirate ship. The Solaris be a grand vessel indeed!

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...