Name yer ship

Pew

Since we decided wot we be wantin' in a ship a few posts down, now ye gets ta name it. Why be yer namin' 'er that though?

'Tis yer vessel, NOW NAME 'er . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now...

In my time as a 'commodities relocation expert'....

I seen some interestin' names, such as;

Th' Raven Spittle

Th' Harms Way (don't get in Harms Way...)

Th' Blue Nun

And I had th' Knucklebones... So named fer two reasons.... One, I had a knuckle smashed during an engagement, and it was always a toss o' th' knucklebones that I used ta decide th' fate o' whomever my prey was... weather they was to live free, die horribly, live as a servant on m'ship, etc...

Had I a ship now...

The Compass Rose is taken...

My folks had a boat called 'the PackRat'...

Possibly, St. Kitt's Galley...

Or the like....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

'tis named The Blackheart, for obvious past personal reasons and transgressions against others.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

With apologies to William Kidd . . .

The Adventure Fantasy be the name of me ship. For that is what this life is for me and adventure filled with the accomplishment of so many of me wildest dreams!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Me ship be, The Cabin Buoy, a most fitting name fer a gay captain, aye?

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

My ship is the Barracuda. Like it's namesake, it is small and fast, and deadly for its size. B)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Navis Aequoreus : kind of odd I know but it means a ship(navis) belonging to the sea(aequoreus) in latin....i always liked the sound of it.

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

Eyes says SCALLION ! A gallion wit scallywags ... B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Let's see...m'ship fly'n m'own fly tis

"Siren's Resurrection"

and in m'own little fleet, tis

"Jaguar's Spirit"

"Red Vixen"

I have a couple more in ready as m'fleet expands...but until they be named twill hold ta names for future use.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

The Bloody Mab

after queen mab

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Two masted schooner with the masts raked (think tallship Lynx).

Her name? The Rakehell—describes how she'd meet the eye, and what business she'd be about. :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

My ships, I'm sorry to say, are all virtual (a fancy word for "fake"), so their names don't mean a hill of beans, really. My flagship is typically the Saber's Apollo, named after my oldest Arabian gelding. Currently, that would be a Ship of the Line in "Sid Meier's 'Pirates!'" Undercrewed, but never outgunned; we're going after the Spanish treasure train, and we'll have her! Or, we'll die trying. Time will tell.

In Akella's "Pirates of the Caribbean", my flagship is a large gun frigate, the Saber's Apollo, with a war galleon, the Lobo del Mar, as consort and freight. I did have a corvette, the Benita Renee, but she served as a fire ship in a particularly nasty encounter with the French. Woefully ineffective, but visually impressive when she exploded along side a Man of War. Took out the bowsprit and larboard forward three guns, and maybe 10 men from my foe, the fire ship went down taking 150 men with her. C'est la guerre...

She bought us time to run. I'll get that Man of War, the Celeste, should she ever show her flag to me. 300+ men will die that day, and damned few will be mine. :ph34r:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

A sloop..Small silent and deadly. The Sea God Trident upraised upon the bow and the railings all intricately carved with the Sea Gods beard entwined with Sirens and Serpents

The Poesidon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

My ship is christened "Scraping By". For the first time we sailed in Newport Beach, we forgot to check the tide and just "scraped by" under the bridge. We bent the wind index (a true sailor doesn't need one anyway) and then for good measure we drove it through (on a trailer) through a McDonald's, scraping the side of the building..bending the license plate on the trailer (which easily bent back).

Hence, she was christened...Scraping By

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.