What do you do for a living

Aye matees you knew someone had to ask. Me self I work in marine retail for Boater's World. I like it cause I am around boats and fishin all day. I makes a lousy pay scale so I got's to plunder in the evenings to make it. :ph34r:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye then Mr Keyes. Aye didn't think the l;ikes a these rat bastards were going to make you pay fer posting the same thread twice. Buts I sees they have so lets let the other one fade away into the dark abyss of nether world and then just find enough reality around here to give cause to answer ye!

I be a designer of packaging finding the likes of new products and selling companies on me abilities to package it box it ship it get it to market and sell it all within the rhyme and reason meaning the if a certain pyrate can't do it then it can't get done!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

i work as a veterinary technician....the pay stinks...pretty much any job in the state of florida has $hitty pay.

...as always...i'm not in it for the money....just like pyracy lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

I think if I told ye, I'd have t' kill ye...

There arrrrrr a couple on this board who know...due to the nature of my job, it shall remain a mystery to the rest of ye!

:P

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

You fine folks (all of ya) pay me to blow stuff up... I'm a Marine Reservist, and when I'm not on active duty, I'm a copper in a really big town that reminds me of the Wild West on crack... :o

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Bon vivant and professional misfit here.

Sit in my jammies and have people hire me to write for them and design pretty stuff for print and web.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I manage international corporate travel for a worldwide electronics company.

Hawkyns

:rolleyes:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Hawkyns,

Dare I ask which Electronics company?

As few me,

I am a technician for the science center in the burgh of William Pitt, my official title; Traveling Exhibits Technical Coordinator

I manage an exhibit on Robotics, which means I travel to other cities with it to set it up and train folks. So, I work with robots, computers, etc... My job varies from day to day, depending on what the public has broken in the science center. Or maintaining any number of things from the robots to the decrepid stake body truck we have and anything inbetween...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Biologist here. Wildlife ecology the specialty. I am working for a consulting firm that helps developers with permitting new development and monitoring said developers to see if they are adhering to the provisions of the permits. It's like playing both sides of the ball, offence and defense. Mostly I get to go out in the field and roam around untouched areas of Florida, evaluate what is there, cordon off/measure the wetlands, survey for endangered species. Then I get to come back to the site after it is "developed" (read: destroyed) to make sure that the water flowing off the site isn't dirty. Then I write long reports that no one ever reads describing how responsible the developer is.

I have simply got to quit this job. I think teaching science is next. They have a High school here, the Braden River Pirates. Sounds like a fit to me.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I work as a receptionist in a retirement home. Been there since it opened over 3 years ago. But it doesn't seem to be enough for some people I know. Not enough cuz I don't have a career. I just look at it as steady work and better than nothing.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Vice President of a furniture refinishing company.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

You fine folks (all of ya) pay me to blow stuff up... I'm a Marine Reservist, and when I'm not on active duty, I'm a copper in a really big town that reminds me of the Wild West on crack... :huh:

...WHEN IT ABSOLUTLY, POSITIVELY HAS TO BE BLOWN UP OVER NIGHT!..

YES, IT'S TRUE. THE MARINE CORPS. IS A DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY...THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT! ;)

...EYE, SIGHT, SQUEEZE, FIRE...IT'S A MARINE THING.... :D

...................................OOH-RAH!!!!.......................................................

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

EYE, SIGHT, SQUEEZE, FIRE...IT'S A MARINE THING

Arrrrrr, Gunny! Overseas work is my specialty!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Biologist here. Wildlife ecology the specialty. I am working for a consulting firm that helps developers with permitting new development and monitoring said developers to see if they are adhering to the provisions of the permits. It's like playing both sides of the ball, offence and defense. Mostly I get to go out in the field and roam around untouched areas of Florida, evaluate what is there, cordon off/measure the wetlands, survey for endangered species. Then I get to come back to the site after it is "developed" (read: destroyed) to make sure that the water flowing off the site isn't dirty. Then I write long reports that no one ever reads describing how responsible the developer is.

I have simply got to quit this job. I think teaching science is next. They have a High school here, the Braden River Pirates. Sounds like a fit to me.

Aye with a name as such maybe ye can start a new knife throwing team or archery for the handicapped. Canon 101 mayhaps, or Pillaging I, II and III. Gunpowder basics (a new approach to applied science)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Blackpowder as Chemistry, Cannonball trajectory as Phisics, Pillagin' as economics or business model, pyrate articles as government studies, pyrate slang as creative writing, cutlass work and boarding as physical education, the list goes on and on...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...