Military.......

Patrick Hand

:lol: here here!!........Royal air force, security..... stationed in Muscat, Oman UAE.....Trained at Cranwell, Linc's........Got out as soon as I could.....Too hot.....too much paperwork.....too much hassle.........only joined t' keep me old man 'appy........he was fleet airarm....me mom was a wren.....didn't fancy a life at sea then, so joined the raf.........ironic really lookin' back....hurr hurr..

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Petee, ye nailed it perfectly. I grew up in a Navy family (4 generations United States Navy, 6 generations Royal Navy, and a few un-numbered generations in the service of Gráinne Nimhaille if the family history holds any water). I served for two years on assignment to the United States Air Force, and gave another four to the United States Space Program (NASA) for DoD mission support. (Not discussable, at least until I'm dead. Even then's a toss-up.)

But you're spot on, mate. You miss the feel of your weapon, your only real friend when your ass is on the line. :)

And ye do get a bit numb to it all, especially if it goes down when your face to face. That'll numb you faster than anything. :P

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Canadian Naval Reserve 1987 – Present

Full time status since 2000

Maritime Surface (MARS) Officer with the current rank of Lieutenant (Navy).

The Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel (MCDV) is the ship our Navy crews completely by Reservists. The MCDV is a 180ft, 1000tonne multi-platform vessel with packages ranging from Minesweeping to Dive Team facilities. There are 12 ships, with 6 ships a coast (Based in Victoria, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia). The crew is 45 pers with 5 Officers.

My latest tour was Navigator of HMCS BRANDON (out of Victoria) ending in 2003. I just got back from my Operations Officer course the beginning of this month. OpsO is the 3rd officer on board after the CO and XO. The job description is “Managing Chaos”. That is probably my next post after my current one.

Presently, I’m sailing a desk at the Canadian Defence Academy in Kingston, Ontario (Close to Toronto). This is the center of “Professional Development” for the Canadian Forces. We are the managing authority for the Military Academy (also in Kingston) and includes the Leadership Institute. This is where you learn that “Sarcasm” is not a valid Leadership method.

In my career I’ve been sent on OP APOLLO as part of a Port Security Unit and held Command at various times of small patrol boats (75ft, 75tonne). I’ve also been a member of the Navy’s Small Arms team (Pistol, Rifle and LMG) competing in many competitions.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

William,

If you get OPS officer on one of those minesweepers and head up to Sitka, AK again (a couple were here a few months ago), let me know. I've got at least a spare couch for any pirate up this way if you want to get off the boat and away from the chaos for a while.

Fair Winds,

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Avaition mechanic. 1st Class. 354 days till retirement. US Navy.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

U.S. Navy Submarine Force, 19.5 years - highest enlisted rating Chief Torpedoman's Mate, now a Lieutenant serving in Guam as Assistant Weapons Officer in USS FRANK CABLE (AS-40).

Prior to that (during my short-lived college career), 14 months in the USMCR, first as a Dragon anti-tank assaultman, and then cannoneer on a 105 MM howitzer crew.

Respectfully,

Chad Teasley

Ship's Gunner

Gunny Shalaq, Petee... you guys are spot on... I can't say I enjoy the taking of human life, but definately was glad it was one of them, and not one of my boys... nor do I miss the cold, the heat, the wet, the hunger or thirst, the sleeplessness that comes with being a combat infantryman, but I do miss sharing those hardships with a bunch of other guys, my brothers... something that is tough to understand if you haven't been there... knowing that if, WHEN, you went into harm's way, there would be those guys to your left and right that were standing there with you, that wouldn't hesitate, and wouldn't let you down, no matter what was ahead... something truly special about that. :)

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Capt. Morgan,

I, too, miss the Corps. Still have dreams my ol' unit is deploying and I'm left behind. Maybe one day I'll have the balls to see a shrink and find some way to end the dreams. Maybe I should just re-up and slap the head-shrinker, tho...

Some are conditioned to kill and some are not. Unfortunately, there's no wasy of knowing until the time comes.

For all those that have had to, thank you. My family and I are forever in yer debt. :unsure:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Cheers, Matt... the dreams don't ever really end, ya just gotta find your own way of dealing with 'em... to all here who've served, and are still serving, I raise a glass to ya, one and all.

:unsure:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

regular army - fort jackson, sc over 30 years ago and thanks for the toast

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire