***NEW PIRATE BOOK***

Very interesting read - it definitely kept me engaged. I know my cabin boy would like the tale and Christmas is just around the corner. Thank you so much for sharing...

If a pirate sends it to you, do you autograph copies?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Just a thought, and obviously I cant make promises on behalf of other people, but it occours to me that if you asked nicely, you could organise a book signing at one or more of the pirate festivals that are taking place in the UK next year (Perhaps you could offer a tricorn wearers discount) with the correct associated publicity it could help to promote both your book and the event.

On the down side, you would have to help out with the day to day Piratin', and you would be expected to get drunk and rowdy in the pub during the evening.

:)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I am a cynical bastard…. I will grant you that.

But I am always amazed that folks join this board (and others) and their first post is trying to sell us something. (and they NEVER seem to fill out their profile either)

Several whips with a cat-o-nine tail for GoF. It was I, Black Hearted Pearl, esteemed Moderator, who moved Country Pirate's post from Pirate Pop to Plunder.

I enjoy those who dare to take on the genre of Pirate Novels for I do not have the time to write, but would love to read such. I wish the wench good luck with her endeavor and look for the opportunity to read such book. A round to her for having the intelligence to market her wares by joining in the pyracy pub. Unlike those who write the books but never take the time to get to know their customers.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

my next art piece might as be somethin like that.. [/color]

Are you talking about the cover? If so, that be that Pirate statue ye can buy for about $2,000. Those prices be down right piratical.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Hurricane - If you get the book, i will gladly sign it. Only i am in the UK so if you are elsewhere, it may cost you quite a bit in postage and no guarantee that you get it back by christmas. Perhaps a personal letter/message will do, that i will sign - that you can glue into the front cover??

Tall Paul - Thanks for taking the time to go and look. Give me some dates for next year and I will see what I can do. I dont have any problem advertising pirate meets. Although I dont know what state my signature will be in after a few rums!!

Black Hearted pearl - Thanks for you kind comments. The cover was designed by the publishers, so i am not really sure where they got it from.

B) CP

++++++++++++

Dont bother to point out any obvious mistakes, I already know! Just go and buy the book and show a fellow pirate some support.

Thanks. CP

B)

I thought it to be well written. It flowed well and each line beckoned me to read the next.

Well Don Ma'am

KPpirateflag1.gif

Tall Paul - Thanks for taking the time to go and look. Give me some dates for next year and I will see what I can do. I dont have any problem advertising pirate meets. Although I dont know what state my signature will be in after a few rums!!

Have you Joined the UKPirateBrotherhood Yahoo group yet?

Someone has just posted a request for show dates, so if you are quick, you should be able to ride his coat tails, and catch the dates as they come in,

There are several big events in the pipeline for next year, but so far, I think that the only confirmed date is the South West Pirate Festival (SWPF)

And No....

.....You sign books during the day, and then drink the rum in the evening when its all over.

"Tall Paul" Adams

CP,

If you wanted to get involved in some pirate silliness next year I think some sort of appearance at the SWPF next year could be arranged. Maybe you could do some kind of signing session and a half hour reading for younger visitors or something like that. I don't know what effect it would have on your sales (you'd certainly sell half a dozen copies...) but I can guarantee the finest funnest weekend you've had for a long time. :P

Feel free to respond here, PM me, or better still email me direct if you think you might be interested.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Thanks to ye all, for the good comments on the book, especially those amongst you who are writers yourselves.

I will go and joing the UKPirateBrotherhood straight away. I did go and look at the website. The SWPF may have to be linked into a family holiday, as i am at berth in sunny Lancashire.

I have had great fun since i joined this forum, it is really nice to chat you all you out there. Should have joined sooner.

Regards CP

:ph34r:

No worries, you can just sign an X when ya get that bad. :D

Petee-2.jpg

Help wanted!!!

I know that a few of you have been kind enough to have a read of my extract, so i would like to make an appeal to those of you who are writers in your own right and have had works published.

I have the sequel to this book ready, but would like to get a better deal. Would any of you be so good as to let me have details of any of your, contacts, agents or publishing companies. Or any other help. idea, suggestions (not rude) would also be appreciated.

I have been completely through the writers and artists year book in the UK and no one is taking on any new authors.

Regards

:ph34r:

CP

My suggestion would be to work damn hard at plugging the first book. With proven sales statistics you're far more likely to find an agent willing to take your second book on.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Thanks Foxe.

(Been reading your website - very interesting, and would recommend to anyone who has not been there yet.)

I am going to be putting some of my pirate books on ebay, personally signed and with inscription if required. I am currently constructing a website www.thecountrypirate.co.uk as well to advertise my writing.

Regards

<_< CP