***NEW PIRATE BOOK***

*** NEW PIRATE BOOK*** COMING SOON. Written by my goodself and called THE COUNTRY PIRATE, ISBN 1413787940. Get your scurvy crew out a lookin' for it, and tell them to buy it you for christmas. It is for sale via www.publishamerica.com, or amazon, barnes and noble, or borders bookshops. (If you cant find it on the Publish America site, send them an email and tell them to get it posted on their now!!!!)

SYNOPSIS

1716 is going to be a year that Sam will not forget. Located on the South West Coast of England is ‘The Four Keys Inn’, where Sam lives and works, and after a chance find of a coin and a jewel, there begins the start of several dramatic life changing occurrences. Pairing up with Old Tom, Sam becomes a thief and steals from the pirate guests…. but Old Tom is from bad stock and not as honest as he initially claims! When events take a turn for the worse, Sam decides to run with the mysterious Captain Marcus Fleet, who carries with him several dark secrets. With the aid of a cursed silver ring containing a blood red ruby, a family heirloom, he purposely leads Sam towards a new life.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as i did writing it.

:lol:

I am a cynical bastard…. I will grant you that.

But I am always amazed that folks join this board (and others) and their first post is trying to sell us something. (and they NEVER seem to fill out their profile either)

I kind of wonder, if they really were interested in Pirates stuff, wouldn’t they have joined the board like years ago and have been contributing all along?

Maybe even get some input from a community that spends a lot of thier time studying, researching and actively participating in living history, faire, re-enacting etc..

Of course its hard to know anyone’s motivation for anything but do book marketing folks say…. “ok, we got your book, now our advertising budget is $52. I suggest you get out there and join as many bulletin boards and forums as you can.

Now granted, this place is as good as any to find folks that are interested in Pirate fact and fiction, but to come to the party so late seems just so, gauche.

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Quite the tongue lashing, GoF. But I has to agree with you. The least she could do is post a little and then promote her wares. Perhaps her publisher should give her a $100 marketing budget next time.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Aye ye scurvy bilge rat.....ye must'a confused us wit Oprah's Book Of The Month Club......we be pyrates and we takes what we want.....we save's arrr dubloons fer rum an women.....some researcher ye be ;)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Just to reply, in particular to that cynical bastard, the gentleman of fortune. I am a pirate fan, and have been for many a year. Ok, i dont do the reinactment stuff, my taste is more to just read about them, but the subject takes to everyone in different ways, otherwise we would all be captians shouting orders and no one would get any work done on the ship.

I am a first time writer, and for anyone who has been in a similar situation, you will know how hard it is to get anyone to look twice at your manuscript. Unfortunately i have not been given any money for marketing, and I am having to make my own way, so it is getting posted everywhere. I dont write for a living, and i am not expecting to make my millions from this book, but i thought that some other pirate fans out there may like to have a read of my story. Of course any booty that it make would be appreciated, who wouldn't want to fill their chest, but money was not (honestly) my main goal.

Just to make you happy i will go an fill in my profile, so that you can read all about me, and find out that i am a wench and not a lad.!!!

For those of you who are kind enough to go and order the book, i thank you most kindly, and for those who dont well you dont know what a little treasure you will have missed.

:unsure:

Cheers to Caraccioli. Thanks for your kind comment. If GoF thinks that i am a quitter then he has thought of me wrongly.

The book for those of you who are genuinely interested, is suitable for ages 10 years upwards (this does not mean that adults should not read it - i read plently of books for teenagers etc). Just because i am a woman dont assume that it is love story either - far from it.

As mentioned before, i dont write this for a living, and i dont have time to fart around in fancy purple velvet coats, got a job to go to, family to look after, and roof to keep over my head, and I am part way through completing a Honours Degree in Health and ASEY.

I will post a copy of the cover and sample text soon.

Ok. Lets cool our jets people. I don't want to have to open a can of moderator whoop-ass.

(Man, I need to change my avatar, my last few posts are NOT Groucho at all.)

I've read that a computer, if given the text of a book, can with 80some% accuracy determine the sex of the author. Why? Men tend to write about things while women tend to write about relationships.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I don't believe any intent was made to lambast your book or your prowess as an author, as such. Many posters on this site see a lot of people who drop in just to promote what they're selling - not just books but a piece of Ren clothing or a trinket - and then disappear, never to be heard from again. I for one am not shy about promoting my own commerce endeavors but I do so within the greater context of my interest in piracy and this board. Some here are a bit jaded, that's all.

So I agree with Blackjohn, soothe! soothe!

I think a sample page of prose would be grand. As a professional writer I always like to see the work of other artists... And actually you have many other writers of nautical fare here as well, such as King's Pirate.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

oh....

your back.

My comment is directed at those folks who join forums with the sole purpose of promoting their product(s). Most folks who join, add to the discussion, and become regular participants, usually start by posting an introduction in the Initiation rites... forum.

of course, only time will tell, but you are 3 for 3 right now.

ps

its grosgrain silk, not velvet. but thanks for looking!

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Black John, Cpt Hurraine, I note what you say.

I am not arguementative by nature, and can understand what GoF's point was in his posting, and apologise if i have caused any offence.

I will arrange to have some text posted on the site. Yes there is a type of relationship portrayed in my book, as correctly predicted, but it is not a love story.

I am not normally an active member on forums, just a reader, so was only really out to prove the point that i am not just a fly by night visitor.

Oh, I actually agree with GoF in the main, I was just impressed that our authoress came back and responded in good piratical fashion.

Of course, it's always wise to remember that, as our pal Poor Richard put it, "A spoonful of honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar."

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

GoF

Its a lovely jacket really. I have just started to go into local school and do writing workshops for infants. I take in all my props, jolly rogers, cutlass (not real ones though because of where I am), pictures etc. In a few weeks when my book is out I will be going in dress (as a pirate) to read excerpts to the juniors, so my initial comments about not getting dressed up - are not quite true. I just dont do it as much, and in as much accurate detail as you. (Although i probably secretly wish i did!)

Regards CP

Well you are up to 5 now... so you have already quintoupled the output of most hit and run authors!

Now if you would just go to the pub and by a round.....

GoF

Now if you would just go to the pub and by a round.....

You know, someone could spend a month of Sundays trying to explain this virtual round thing to me and I doubt I'd get it. When I created this alternate ID and no one knew it was me, Diego sent me a pm asking me to buy a virtual round or risk being ignored. Guys...no offense, but...it's just plain silly. :D:D <---Fydo, my pyrate dog

And anyone who goes into schools, even in costume pirate garb, is more of a re-enactor than I can claim to be. Cheers to ya' country pirate. I'm looking forward to that slice of dialogue.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Okay, I be volunteerin' ta read the book n' post a pyratical review....I be always lookin' fer a good read n' likes ta share 'em...meybe we kin be startin' a book reviews topic section (ifn there ain't one already I don't knows 'bout or too lazy ta find)....once read I be honest wi' me criticism (unless the author be attractive n' single n' wi' low standards) ;)

from amazon.com:

1413787940.jpgnow ye be owin' me a pint, luv ;)

Give tha' lass a round fer steppin' back in an' crossin' blydes wi' GoF. Excellent defence an' riposte. Mind you, I agree wi' GoF about the one-post sales pitch in the main, but ye came back ta check up on yer post an' responded ta the comments, which is more than most do. An' if ye need any help costumin' up fer the juniors, this be the place an' we be the pyrates ta be helpin ye wi' yer choices.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

scary_eyes_anim_e0.gif

Hey Eyes enjoyed the virtual round cause eyes gots drinks without loosin me sobriety eahh eahh... :)

At least eyes can remenis the days of old, rememberin all the Rum and :lol: ...

Author of a pirate book ..Eyes can't thanx ya enough fer the contribution

to us. It's more than eyes has to piraticle/ Pirate-article/ Sweat.

Iffen you .Mrs.Country Pirate

wishes to meet like interest folks within these waters, Ya needs to go through the Initiation rites . Pirates have articles to abide by,

else you could be in danger of having to face walking the plank. Eyes personally welcomes ya as a fellow pyrate..HMMM.

my next art piece might as be somethin like that..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

DMM

Thanks for posting a copy of my cover. Needless to say it is not me on the front. I will try and get some text on tonight for a sample, but if anyone has any questions please feel free to reply.

(I have long dark hair (on my head), wear large hooped gold earings, and have slate grey eyes - all dark and mysterious - so be kind with the reviews!!)

Thanks for the offer of pirate kit, but i have come across a flouncy shirt which will do for the school reading, although i might suddenly break out into a bit of shakespeare - Alas poor yoric, i knew him well, must have been a pirate that cut off his head!

I have also wrote the sequil which is much darker and involves a little supernatural stuff - demons, witches, ghosts and the like. I am though waiting to see how this one goes first so that i can get a better publishing deal from someone else.

Regards CP

;)

Don't be put off with the Buy Everyone a Round crap here. I never have and never will. It's just nonsense. Now if it was a real drink in a real bar, I'd be all for it. It reminds me of the virtual hot tub nonsens I used to see in the early days of the net.

Welcome to the posts. I'm anxious to read an excerpt and glad to hear you'll be out reading for the kiddies. We do that sort of thing here on occasion... mostly with the under 7 crowd though.

Don't be shy to jump into the frackus. Looks like you have a healthy spine on ya and can hold your own here.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Cpt H

Thanks for the comments. Someone told me i should have called my book HARRY PIRATE (assume that you have the Harry Potter fever in USA like we do in UK). If i could just be a penny behind JK Rowling, then I will come over and buy you a real drink. I did the under 7's reading last week, but with a different pirate story.

Regards CP

:P:P

Hello mi' ship mates.

I am a wench of my word, and here is a sample of my text. This is part of what i am going to be reading to the 7 years+ group in a couple of weeks.

Chapter 5 - Old Tom

Old Tom was a curious character. He hardly ever spoke accept for the odd greeting to the guests and a "Thanks you Sir" every now and then. I think him to be around 50 years old, but I am unsure. His appearance made him look more like 70. His coat was of the roughest weave. It must have been a dark blue color when new, but it had seen so much sun and dirt that all the color had gone, expect for a small triangle of cloth that peeped over the head of one of the large deep pockets where the stitching had broken. He never took it off whilst serving, even on the hottest of mid summer days. His shoes looked as thought they had belonged to a gentleman once upon a time. But now they where held together with odd laces and had more than one hole in the sole of each. He never wore a hat, but kept his long grey hair tied back with a black ribbon. His face was often unshaven, but not entirely unkempt. He walked permanently with a stoop, though without the aid of a stick, and his eyes were constantly twitching and looking everywhere except where you thought they should.

This evening Tom took his place by the door as usual. I was still in a sore mood for not having found any more coins, and my annoyance was etched upon my face. Pa was back from his merry jaunt with more ale and was busily watering down 3 of the 4 barrels. He hadn't brought any extra rum back with him today, except on his breath, as none had been consumed from our stock the evening before. Ma was flurrying around the kitchen, and I was leaning on the wall near the parlor to kitchen door. From here I could see everyone in our Inn.

As I watched, waiting for the first visitors to arrive, Old Tom sat like a quiet mouse. He kept looking all around, even though there was no one in the Parlor yet. Every now and then he would lift his hand to the latch, but then bring it back down to his lap. I would have thought it a strange action had it been from anyone else, but Old Tom was just a simple idiot with little needs. Then his twitching gaze caught mine, and he smiled at me. I looked away, half in shock of being caught watching him, and half in shy curiosity at his smile. Maybe I would keep my own eye on him later. The sun was now low on the horizon.

Suddenly Old Tom called "Guests…..Guests……" and sprang to his feet and opened the door. The first of the visitors entered, nearly knocking Tom over in their rush to get in. It was all hands to the deck, The Four Keys was off on another nights voyage.

Within minutes the room had almost filled. Ma always left it until it was nearly full before she made her overpowering entrance.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, please some quiet…." she paused long enough for them to hush and turn and face her. "Ale all round?" she cried, raising her arms to encourage the crowds reply.

"Aye" came back the chorused answer, and so the routine started again. Ma glided around firstly with the jugs of the better ale, and I followed with the tankards. The guests grabbed and groped her playfully as she waltzed by, and she teased them by dropping their money in to the front of her blouse where she had placed a small purse between her bosoms. It amazed me how she kept control of it all. I will give her that point. She ran the Inn with an iron rod. What she said went, and no one dared answer her. She was a larger than life character, but still for all in intents and purposes a single woman running an illegal Inn night after night. She couldn’t count on my Pa, as he was always too busy in the kitchen, watering himself and the ale. But the evenings ran as smooth as they could, considering the type of personages about the room.

The Four Keys was the only Inn within walking distance from the nearby harbor so our clientele was a little unsavory to say the least. Ale was not what they really needed; they all really needed a good wash. But as ale was what they wanted, that is what they got. Many were sailors that came, or should I really say small time pirates, most already drunk from the ships rum, seeking a change of scenery with a foot and a sleep on firm ground instead of the rolling sea. Our local village was about an hour or so to walk to back in land, and although it was nearer to the harbor, because it offered no drinking places, the visitors came to us instead. The villagers were aware of our Inn and the reputation of the guests that frequented it, but as long as we kept them and their drunken ways away from their little homes and their little lives they left us in peace.

++++++++++++

Dont bother to point out any obvious mistakes, I already know! Just go and buy the book and show a fellow pirate some support.

Thanks. CP

:P