Fistfights

blackjohn

Like the title says, how many fistfights have you been in?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Like the title says, how many fistfights have you been in?

• 5+

A couple years ago some friends and I were out enjoying Chinese for lunch, and the topic turned to fistfights. I was totally floored to learn that I was the only one at the table who had been in a fight. I figured every guy must've gotten into at least one fight in his life. After taking the "Which Lost Character Are You?" test, I got to thinking about that again, and I figured at least two of you have been in a fight, or maybe even better, a barroom brawl! :huh:

(C'mon Petee, time to fess up!) :huh:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

None. I outfox/confuse people with dazzling logic. (Or illogic.) :huh:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I am not proud of it, I have been in more than enough fistacuffs to prove that drunk, stupid and bleeding are all words that do go together. I hate it when anger forces an issue of someones stupidity and I am forced to see red. I have controlled it for the better part of a quarter century but feel the need at times to hold the nose and kick the ass of some loud mouthed spouting shyte fool. I pity the fool makes me see red.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Been in fist fights plenty o' tymes... I's a younger brother... :huh:

And, there have been enough fights when I was in 8th thru 12th grade...

My knuckles are scarred to prove it!

Also been in knife fights...

Been shot at several times... not just blanks at reeanctments, mind you...

Ah, Mission... I have done what ye do.. but there are times when it don't work... thus...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Between my brother and I being Jack and Jill and growing up in a rather rough neighborhood, I was a fairly scrappy kid and was probably in more than my share of fights (none of them started by me.) Then I took up karate (mainly for the discipline) and had to deal with yahoos who wanted to pick fights and prove that they were better fighters than someone who studied a martial art - all that did was pretty much confirm that they were jerks. There were also a few sexual assaults where I had to, shall we say, discourage the perpetrator.

RHJMap.jpg

So, I'm hoping that "guys" in the opening post was gender neutral?

I'll fess up to two fist fights. Though, fight might be a little more than they deserve. They both were a physical attack which I avoided and countered. In one case knocking the guy out and in the other simply making him leave.

I was standing at a bar once facing the bar watching in the large mirror behind itthis rather large guy as he walked by me behind me and the guy next to me took this cue stick and cracks him over his shoulders and head as he was passing and this happens right behind me and so the rather big guy he stops walking and turns and looks at me and cocks his fist back like im the brunt of his endeavors and luckely he sees that I am already pointing to the numbnuts drunk next to me and the rather large guy looked at him and just then the drunk numbnuts dropped the cue stick and it hit the ground about the same time his jaw got broke and in the same high speed slow motion reality as it was unfolding the numbnuts learned how to fly (about eight feet and slid to a stop on the floor out like a light. The rather large guy that got hit with the cue stick pulled up numbnuts stool and sat next to me like nothin happened and I know that whack woulda knocked out the fairest of gents and so he introduces himself to me and even bought me a beer and we still talk to this day. It's been something like nine years ago. He has been "back to school" shall we say for this and that but always ends up finding me somewhere throwing darts when he gets out. He said when he looked at me and just my finger was poining at the guy next to me it nerely cracked him up, I really kinda like the lunk. (rather have him on my side than against me)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

You HAVE to be kidding, right, Blackjohn?  :lol:

...let's just say, "More than More than 5"... :o   :huh:

Well, I debated using something higher, like 10 or 20, but a) my previous discussion left me wondering if I was unusual and B) after a dozen, don't you loose track? ;)

And yes Duchess, it is the gender neutral guys.

And remember, when listing things alphabetically, a) and b ) turns into a) and B):lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I'm more of a scientist...

You should have "0 and have been hit" and "0 and never been hit" as well. The gauge of success for those who chose the less emotional approach.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Fist fights, wish I could say I havn't had the pleasure. Been in a few, from elementary school through adulthood. I’m pretty sure I haven’t started any of them. One, I hate fighting. Two, I’m really lazy. There are a lot of other things I’d rather be doing. Most of them happened while I was in the service, between guys in my unit and guys from Kansas State University. I’d be sitting there hitting on some girl, I’d turn around to see a fight break out and have to go help my friends. In my experience some people are just dicks when they are drunk and look to start fights. I just don’t get it, insecure about something I guess. One thing my dad taught me was this, if you know your gonna get in a fight and there isn't any way out. Get the first hit in and make it as hard as you can, after that nothin matters.

Petee-2.jpg

in Tombstone the movie Doc Holiday is in bed and Wyatt asked him:

Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc?

Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of himself. And he can never steal enough, or kill enough, or cause enough pain to fill it up. And so he walks the earth, forever seeking retribution...

Wyatt Earp: For what?

Doc Holliday: Being born.

I've had my share of fights thru-out school. My dad taught my sister and I both how to fight. When we were both really little and vistiting with my dad's father, this neighbor kid knocked us both down the stairs. My sister jumped up, ran up the stairs and beat the crap out of him. Sat on top of him and kept hitting him in the face. She was 4-lol!

Boys would tease me and crap like that and yes, try to start fights with me. I'd knock them out. I may be little but I could be tough when needed to be. And yup, got in fights with other girls too. They'd try to do the stupid girlie crap, pull my hair, but I'd punch them out. Gave one girl a bloody nose-lol! I could be pretty crazy when pushed into a corner and bullied. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

in Tombstone the movie Doc Holiday is in bed and Wyatt asked him:

Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc?

Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of himself. And he can never steal enough, or kill enough, or cause enough pain to fill it up. And so he walks the earth, forever seeking retribution...

Wyatt Earp: For what?

Doc Holliday: Being born.

Yeah - gotta wonder what makes folks pick fights. All the fights I've been in have been defensive on my part; I can't imagine being in a state of mind where I want to pick a fight with someone just to do it or to intimidate or bully.

RHJMap.jpg

So ye'all wanna know what happened at Ojai? Let me tell you.

On Sat. without my knowledge, my companion who knows damn well I (and over half of PRP) don't get along with this Blackwitch from the Sea Witch Inn; anyways he had the nerve to ask the heathen daughter-in-law to hold up a sign that said "Sea Witch Inn" during the "Tryal of Anne Bonney and Mary Reade" during someone's stage part.

It upset me, so I went over to the heathen and asked her not to do it. She refused me, so I held out my hand for the chalk board and she had, she refused to give it to me and said nastily that my other half had asked her to do it. Then she stalked off.

I quickly made my way around to where my 'half' was sitting on the side of the stage and asked what the hell was going on. He said it was meant as a joke and got pissed at me!

Mind you, I do the narrating for this play, so I had no idea what was going on, as he didn't tell me.

SO, anyways I get back to the PRP camp, and the Blackwitch from Baskerville Sea Witch Inn comes bursting into camp, right through and past the gate guard, and starts screaming at me!

I totally lost it (as I had forewarned a few that such a thing would happen should this bitch ever lay into me again), and started screaming back at her! She wanted to really get into a fight with me and it was all I could do to stop myself from decking her.

I screamed at her to leave me alone, she screamed back she wouldn't. I screamed for help to get her away from me.

Many PRP'rs came to my rescue by that time and I was shoved into the PRP tent, while the bitch was shoved out of camp.

I have never been so upset in my life, not so much with the bitchwitch, but with my companion for doing such a thing knowing full well of the consecenses for it!

I gathered up my stuff and left camp and went back to my tent. I could hear Deigo and company nearby, but I didn't have the heart to join them. They didn't know I was at my tent and of course I didn't say anything to them about what had happened.

My friend Bob came out to console me, as I was so upset, I was in tears.

He said even all of PRP couldn't figure out why Boats did what he did.

Later Boats came out and apologized, claiming he had a 'brain-fart' and totally forgot. B) He said he went and took responsibily for the whole thing and apologized the the Blackwitch and her heathen daughter in law and told them I knew nothing about the supposed 'joke' during the play.

I put on a brave good face for everyone for the rest of the time there at Ojai, I was so grateful for those in the PRP camp that constantly asked if I was ok.

So there you all have it. BTW- the person I speak of as the Blackwitch is infact one. She knows not of the rules of the Wicca and does anything she can to harm those she wants to without thinking of the consecences.

She's a member of Black Gryphon and runs the Sea Witch Inn. She is also a member of PRP, but that will be ending after the new year and new Board Members taking place.

No I will not say her name publicly, I know better, but some of you do know her. She is dangerous, so be forewarned.

Please also know, I will not remove this post because she might read it. So be it, the Truth shall always persist.

Yeah - gotta wonder what makes folks pick fights. All the fights I've been in have been defensive on my part; I can't imagine being in a state of mind where I want to pick a fight with someone just to do it or to intimidate or bully.

Well, insecurity is sometimes part of it. I think emotion is a primary culprit, though. That's why people who are drink are often more likely to act violently, be overly amorous and and generally behave in an emotional fashion. Your inhibitions are down, emotions can rule the thought process and some people act on that. That's the nickel philosopher's view anyhow.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Jeeze Rue, I'm sorry, so what be the next step do we take her and hang her by her thumbs and pull down her bloomers and spank her hard and then just barely rub the leather tines along her cheeks causing her to whimper? maybe a little ice to comfort and then start all over again and whack her rump some maybe fifty more times and then just stop.... that would make her beg for us to continue? and we could all just walk away leaving her there unfinished, humiliated and wet.

wait this is the fighting thread not the sexual deviations thread.....

never mind!

Tis more art to talk one's way out of fistacuffs than to engage in them. Anyone can throw a fist but few have the vocabulary or wits about them to avoid a toss now and then. I have faced more than I care to speak, including one or two with bikers when pirating (what can I say, it was a woman at issue) and I have always managed to talk my way out. A fine art indeed for it has saved my fair face all these years from unnecessary scarring. Plus its in the articles of every crewe I've been in that you will have your arse bounced out for public brawling, either with fellow members of the crewe or the public. We call it the Iron Boot.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

i have never been in a fight, fists or otherwise. well, i ascream at my brothers, but thats different. but i will tell you, there are these boys who wont leave me alone. havent since second grade. usually, as they just stay at their table and yell their insults, i dont have a real reason to go after them. but if ever, and i mean EVER, they decide to go over to my area, they will come out walking funny. because if i cant punch, i can kick. hard. and i have witnesses to this. and i also have a table full of friends who will defend me. these boys always tease me because they are convinced that i will not fight them, because i have refused to in the past. and generally i try to avoid fights, they just dont make sense. but since this is the only thing these guys understand... it may be the only thing.