Random Topics

Patrick Hand

Are your legs starting to get itchy yet?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there is no.... "What did you wear for Halloween" so I'll post this here......

Well...... this year, I dressed as......

what else.....

but a Pyrate.....

Well it wasn't a very authentic Pyrate outfit .....

But it is kinda scary......

halloween.jpg

have you though about taking bellydancing classes? :blink:

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

Y'know, I took a leave of absence from the Pub for a while back a bit, and I missed this...

Oh for the love of mercy, why could it not stay that way! My eeeeyyyyeeeessss!!!!!!!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I decided to watch POTC:CotBP last night (I haven't seen it in several years) and I must say...I liked it better when I saw it in the theatre and didn't have the stuff in the sequels following it. "Now bring me that horizon..." had much more impact before I saw what the horizon consisted of. (Particularly all that Davy Jones/Lord Cutlet Pecker/Calypso nonsense...)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Can't sleep. Tuesday, my son is getting tested for leukemia. I am trying to be positive, but if I lose him, I think I'll just follow behind him. The way things are I'd rather be dead than have to live with the loss of both my kids. Dammit! Beside myself with fear. Sorry, no-one else to cry to.

Bo

Praying for you and your son Bo, stay strong!!

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve your sick servant, and give your power of healing to those who minister to his needs, that he may be strengthened in his weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

Bo- I know the stress of the situation can make you fixate on the most negative outcome..but please be positive for yourself and your son. Cross that bridge when you come to it, mate. You know the risks..but try and be optimistic, and plan for the best case scenario.

We're all here for you, and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Calm seas, my friend!

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Thanks to ya'll. I'm on pins and needles. I get really uptight about my boy when it comes to health issues. Had to bury his sister back in 1993 when she was only 5 1/2. I admittedly freak-out over small stuff when it comes to my kids, step kids too. Tryin to relax and think positive, I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thanks from my burnt-out ol' heart.

Bo

Capt Bo -

It be tough enough for adults but to see children laid low is a real heart breaker.

Prayers to your house for a good report. :D

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Have faith WTF. My niece was diagnosed with leukemia in 1974 when she was 2. She is now 36 and just fine. They have even more effective treatments now than they did then so take one day at a time. Carina is a testament to the power of medicine and prayer at times like these. Mine are with you and your family.

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Strange how trying to get rid of stuff can draw one back to what one is trying to distance themselves from. ;) My pyrate kit is pretty well gone, yet here I am again at the pub, go figger. Melancholy day indeed.

Bo

sad day to piracy when you decided to retire Sir ;)

Land-locked and no crew to run with, no funds to go anywhere anyhow, it was a necessary move. Hoping things improve and there is a job for me teaching nearby so my sweetheart can play cowgirl later this year. The horse is loving his trainig so far.

Won't know for a day or two how my son's test turns out, but I'll post as soon as I know that he is alright, 'cause I know it will be alright.

Bo

HOLD FAST Cap'n, HOLD FAST

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

:P

I have prayed for you son and for you and hope you'll both be OK. If you feel overwhelmed, it's all right to get help.

Please pray for my nephew Damy, too. He's in the hospital for observation with a possible appendix issue. Thank you.

Thank you!

My nephew is okay-ish now. He's out of the hospital and at his house. Seems to have just been a virus. He's still sick, but it's not so worrisome now.

Capt. Bo, I hope and pray that soon you'll as good or better news about you son.

Glad to hear Danny is doing better, we are still waiting for results from the lab... I am sure that it is going to be fine otherwise we would have heard something I think.

Thanks again to all who have shared their thoughts and prayers. I'll be sure to let you all know the final word.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Bo...I miss you... sorry that thing just didn't work... or wot... yer a cool dude...misss you.. sorry that I pissed you off.......

But random thoughts...

Watching Conan (the movie) again... (love the soundtrack....) Gov. of Califrnia... but that isn't why I voted for him.....

I love this movie.... so much fun stuff...cool....

"Do you know what horrow awaite you behind that wall?

no..

then you go first..."'

If I warn't a Pyrate.....I'd be a barbaranin.....