Random Topics

Patrick Hand

My Father is trying to clean out the garage, and has been throwing out a bunch dolls my Mom bought... anyway, my Mother wanted me to pick them up so I could sell them instead of them going to Goodwill....

So... checking on-line...(on E-bay)

"The Fishing Lesson" $75.99

"Noel" $350.00

"A Child's Prayer" $39.99

Shirley Temple "The little Peacemaker" $150.00

Those are just the first four I checked... the back of my car is full of them......WOW....

Now If I can get that much for them, I'll be rich..... :unsure:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how many times I see the sunrise from up here in the tower...

Red Cat Jenny, Red Cat Jenny, let down your hair, so that I may climb that silky stair.

aww..I dont have 318 feet of hair....but it is long :)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I found this web page yesterday... well late last night.... :huh:

http://www.lifestudent.com/hub/category/burning-man/

OK... lots of Burning Man stuff.....

And I can't find the part I wanted to type about... (it's on one of his pages... just ignore alla the pink hair...)

I was about how relationships form on the internet....

not stupid huggies or some hippy kinda thing....

But I got thinking.... real relationship do happen on the internet....

I've meet Ranson (and a lot of other Pyrates) .... but I know she (they) is a/are cool person/people because I've typed to her/them..... <OK convoluted.... but ye get me point...>

I don't wanna sound weird... but there are a lot of people that I've typed to that I like.... and when you meet them... they are just as cool......

It's funny, I have a persona in the pub, and it is sorta like me.... (not better or worse than I really am).....just a different way of expressing who I am.......

WOW.... there is something really interesting about that....

now just wish I got sex more often...... but that messed up wot you thought about me as you were reading this..... :wub:

Patt - Jack and I met on the Internet. And we celebrated our six year anniversary last month. Claire and Bob met on the Internet as well. So it is possible.

And yeah - I've met lots of folks here I'm happy to call friends and it's been wonderful to meet them in person. And there are several folks here that I'm hoping to come face to face with someday. Speaking of which - Ransom, I've got a bottle of Pyrat Pistol with your name on it for the next time you come down thisaway.

RHJMap.jpg

I knew that Claire and Bob meet on the internet, I didn't know that you and Jack did...... cool.....

I just think it's kinda interesting that there are Pyrates that you chat with on-line, and they are just as cool in person when you finally do get to meet then in person.....

It's funny, I have a persona in the pub, and it is sorta like me.... (not better or worse than I really am).....just a different way of expressing who I am.......

WOW.... there is something really interesting about that....

I actually think you're different in person. (Patrick is one of those people you need to put on your short list of those you want to meet. Come to think of it, so are Red-Handed Jill and Jack. Very cool people. Extraordinarily cool people.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Patt - Jack and I met on the Internet. And we celebrated our six year anniversary last month. Claire and Bob met on the Internet as well. So it is possible.

And yeah - I've met lots of folks here I'm happy to call friends and it's been wonderful to meet them in person. And there are several folks here that I'm hoping to come face to face with someday. Speaking of which - Ransom, I've got a bottle of Pyrat Pistol with your name on it for the next time you come down thisaway.

Really!!! Oh boy! We can't get it here in Oregon. I am also really hoping Nor Cal is Father's Day weekend, and not the weekend before. I have a ton of family coming into Oregon for a reunion that weekend. The thought of missing Nor Cal, and all the Tales gang, makes me cringe. And I'd miss our mutual birthday toast! :rolleyes:

BTW, I've met a lot of the people on the Pub, and almost all of them have been just as nice in person. But there were a few that had personalities quite different from their Pub persona, and the encounters were a bit awkward.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I'm glad to see that other folks have been able to meet you as well. How many people would be willing to helm a sailboat on their very first sail, dress up as a pirate and entertain a bunch of kids and then discuss Nash's Game Theory over margaritas?

Especially game theory. I have just been listening to a book that spends a lot of time on game theory as it regards war and poker. (Not necessarily in that order.) I didn't realize you pronounced Von Neuman 'Vahn Noy-man.'

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

With the Polish introduction of the tradition of Paczki's to the holiday, you can really embrace the true meaning of FAT Tuesday around Detroit...

Mission_banner5.JPG

With the Polish introduction of the tradition of Paczki's to the holiday, you can really embrace the true meaning of FAT Tuesday around Detroit...

I had to Google that - yikes! My ex would have really gotten into that herring thing on Ash Wednesday (he's Norwegian and LOVED herring.)

We're actually taking it easy, although I am making French onion soup and later this evening I'm going to be paid to taste test sorbets - can't beat a gig like that!

RHJMap.jpg

I don't really understand the whole Catholic thing about MadiGras.....Fat Tuesday... that sorta thing.....

So it's kinda a big party before you have to give up stuff for lent.... or until Easter?

I'm not being mean, or anti-Catholic or nothing.... I really don't understand.....(I was raised Protestant, my parents never did that sorta thing, nor explained it to me.....)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I don't really understand the whole Catholic thing about MadiGras.....Fat Tuesday... that sorta thing.....

So it's kinda a big party before you have to give up stuff for lent.... or until Easter?

I'm not being mean, or anti-Catholic or nothing.... I really don't understand.....(I was raised Protestant, my parents never did that sorta thing, nor explained it to me.....)

It's essentially one big whoop-de-do before Lent. During Lent, you're supposed to atone and give things up that you like, so Mardi Gras is the last chance to indulge before weeks of religiously-directed deprivation.

RHJMap.jpg

I think those in New Orleans take it a bit far though but ...well ...all I can say is Bourbon Street. Look what is legal year round.

I was raised Roman Catholic ...and Jill is correct ...last chance to indulge. Many Roman Catholics choose to give something up for lent but you don't have to give something up you can choose to do something more like volunteer or pray.

I almost moved to The Big Easy...

I hope Mardi Gras helps their spirit and ecconomy this year :)

and aye I agree with Silkie. giving your time and assistance is also good in place of fasting etc.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

They are having an interesting argument about the American Civil War and Slavery over in the Steampunk Forum...

But someone posted this link.... At first I wasn't going to post it, but it is an interesting read......

DIXIE'S CENSORED SUBJECT

BLACK SLAVEOWNERS

http://americancivilwar.com/authors/black_slaveowners.htm

• 3 weeks later...
I found another funny page.....
It is Sinful for Men to Wear Kilts!

http://www.dividedbytruth.org/BD/kilts.htm

Just add that ter th' listA' stuff I'm going ter hell for I guess......

Interesting article, considering it was written by a guy name Robert Stewart...which is about as Scot as it gets. So, I assume he thinks Scotland's traditional native dress is an abomination? :lol:

Weird........and a little bit.....sad.

(Hope this doesn't discourage you from wearing your Steam Punk kilt, Patrick. I still want a chance to take you up on that offer to check for the super undies....or lack thereof! <_<:( )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog