Random Topics

Patrick Hand

Every so often I think of something that I'd like to add to the Pyracy Pub, but they are small bits.... nothing worth a seperate topic.... but maybe a post or two, then move on to something else........ You know..... Random Thoughts....

First rendom thought.......

I LIKE MY BREAD MACHINE...... I've been making a loaf of bread and eating it every day sence my boss gave the thing to me.... Dirt simple.... measure alla th' stuff.... push a button and two and a holf hours later..... fresh bread......

I sit in front of the pewter reading and posting in the Pup.... and munching on fresh bread...... cool..... AAAAAAaaaaargh even!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fresh bread must be a break from the usual hardtack and grub! what be yer favorite recipe....... oh, ahhhhh, random thots..... ummmmm...

Is Sea(attle) one o the seven seas or are there really eight? An if'n there are eight be each one worth a piece of eight....how much is a piece of eight worth today....what day is it anyway...why is there an international date line and who decided where it would be.........

oh, sorry....got randomly carried away.....heheh :( (i like being random..it's fun!)

"Congratulations Madame, that's another town you've destroyed." William Shaw

I'm the "honest one" Jack Sparrow warned you about, honestly....Red Handed!

Hey Patrick...were that yer tree posted on noquarter? Me youngun's saw it an want to do sumptin similar next year!

Rum in yer bread? Are ye making it whole wheat? I heard that if ye add a dab o molasses and a hind o rum (dark o'course) that it turns out pretty good...kinda like pumpernickel. :)

hey Joejacks....how soon are ye returning this side o' the dateline? Yer missing all the great rusting weather here! :wacko:

Hey Patrick...were that yer tree posted on noquarter? Me youngun's saw it an want to do sumptin similar next year!

Yah..... that was mine..... I spray painted it black.... got a bunch of gold coins and drilled holes through them to hang them... and made sugar skulls. I did a web search for the Mexican Day of the Dead, but didn't have the ingreadeants that were listed, so I experimented..... whiped an egg white, and mixed it with sugar.... made a (sticky) clay like mess that I molded into skulls... they dried hard by the next day....

On New Years Eve, I took the tree outside (after taking everything except the flag off the tree) and attempted to set it on fire.....(no problem with fire hazard.... there was about two feet of snow on the ground...) I had fun trying to light the tree... my neighbors must realy be wondering about me..... but it just wouldn't "catch" If I do it again next year.... I'll use more run (in me) and some gas (on the tree...) get that sucker realy blazing....... figure its a fitting end for a pyrate tree....... :huh:

hey Joejacks....how soon are ye returning this side o' the dateline? Yer missing all the great rusting weather here! B)

Hopefully sooner than later. The date changes randomly. I'm thinkin sometime in March most likely. Jus in time ta freeze ta death.

Bread Machine News Flash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just discovered that by adding an extra tablespoon of sugar to the mess ..... the loaf bakes lighter and fluffier........... Now ter find out wot happens iffin I add some rum........ B)

Me thinks the rum would make it quite divine - be sure to let us know how it turns out! hey - maybe a rum cake or rum balls are in order? ;) B)B)

Patrick...ye seem mighty handy with ingredients there, making sugar skulls and a bread machine too!... The new years torch thing would definately be a fittin' end!

hey Joejacks....how soon are ye returning this side o' the dateline?  Yer missing all the great rusting weather here! :rolleyes:

Hopefully sooner than later. The date changes randomly. I'm thinkin sometime in March most likely. Jus in time ta freeze ta death.

Been freezin' here now! March be summer by comparison! They're predictin' snow this weekend. Hey make a few sand balls where ye are and pretend yer home!

Most guys just order out (chinese for two) and then graze off it for a few days... I'm impressed! Hey if you cook, I'll throw...I mean do the dishes! Yer cookin' can't be any worse than me daughter's attempts at home ec..

Hey make a few sand balls where ye are and pretend yer home!

I keep tryin but the sand won't pack right.

I'll keep ya informed of my homecomin. May have ta plan a pirate night out sometime on my return.

Patrick- How about some raisens in the rum bread??

Most guys just order out (chinese for two) and then graze off it for a few days... I'm impressed! Hey if you cook, I'll throw...I mean do the dishes! Yer cookin' can't be any worse than me daughter's attempts at home ec..

ROTFLMAO, my dad tought my mum to cook, seriously B)

Lots of men cook here now days so maybe you need to find yerself a Dutchie B)

I'd like a good recipy for banana bread, now thát's something i've come to love!

Had it at people's places but not many like to share personal recipies B)

hero.jpg

Lots of men cook here now days so maybe you need to find yerself a Dutchie

I'm findin' there are lots o' fellows who can cook (cooking well ...now that's another strory) ..not sure I want to go all the way to the netherlands fer one though...peraps ye could export one to me? B)

Hey Joe...ye can always buy a snowball on e-bay and have it sent to ye! B)B)

looks around fer Patrick....Hey how's the rum bread coming? I'm starved!

looks around fer Patrick....Hey how's the rum bread coming? I'm starved!

Right now I'm just drinkin the rum and eating the bread..... but I might try it this afternoon when I make another loaf.....

A RECIPE

Put a good sized dollop of oil In a hot frying pan ...

take about two handfulls of the broken tortilla chips from the bottem of the bag and crunch them into little bits,

put them in the frying pan and stur them so they kinda soak up most of the oil....

Now scramble two or three eggs in the frying pan with the tortilla chip bits.....

Crunchie scrambled eggs...... (I like it with catsup and hot sauce on top.... but that is purly optional....)

Like the recipe! Add salsa and some cheese an ye got a pseudo frittata there! I like the idea o' the chips (hides the broken shells) :ph34r:

I read it in a cyber punk novel..... figured I give it a try...... It's also a good way to use up the broken chips in the bottem of the bag...........

On run in th' bread......

I had alla th' ingreadents in the machine...... looked at th' rum..... looked at the ingreadents...... figured.... awh Heck.... I'll just drink th' rum and eat th' bread........ so I still haven't tried rum bread .....yet.......

They were...a little...solid.

Hummmm.... sounds kinda like hardtack......... :lol:

OH yah..... To make edable hardtack.....

About 3 cups of flour

some salt..... about 2 tablespoons....

about 3 tablespoons oil (this make them edable)

enough water to make a thick claylike dough.....

sprinkle flour on th' table..... and roll the dough out to about 1/2" thick.... cut into about 3" x 3" squaires then using a nail... poke a buncha holes in them....

then bake (I think it was about 350.......) untill ........ well hard.....

A variation that's even better (I call them Sea buscuits)....... instead of the 3 cups of flour... use about 1 1/2 cups flour, and 1 1/2 cups oatmeal ..... and add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar.... (some molassis makes them even better..... ) and instead of cutting into squairs.... cut out with a cup (or a biscuit cutter if you have one)

Make a small batch the first time to see if you like (or can eat them) ..... then make a HUGE batch so they are handy whenever you go a pyratin' ......

:lol: they realy do last forever..... I found half of one in my jacket pocket...... and it was still as edable as ever (of course that IS open to some debate........ :lol: )