Slop Shop Update

Shipmates,

I got to thinking about how everyone is participating in the shirt making course (awesome idea Greg, BTW) to add an authentic item to their wardrobe. Well, since I don't need another shirt, I figured that I'd help everyone finish out their authentic wardrobe. So, I've decided to make the November run at Slop Shop be for Slop hose and trousers. This way, by the time the shirts get done in the course, you will have some authentic breeches to go with it. The run will start out with just 3 slots for a pair of slop hose, and 3 more for a pair of trousers. You can find all the details about the run at the website.

http://slopshopreproductions.freeservers.com/

Cheers,

Adam C., Slop-man

Egad! Great price on those Adam!

For those that don't have slops, and have been asking where to get them, this is an opportunity not to pass up!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Aye, I'm still trying to work on the picture issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera at this time. The slop-hose are also called petticoat breeches. I apologize for labeling them slop-hose, but I mostly do War of Jenkins Ear living history down here along with the pirate stuff, and that term is more appropriate. The trousers I can make in a few different styles depending on your impressions need, just need to contact me and discuss what you'd like. I'm flexible, and can change my patterns if needed.

Cheers,

Adam

P.S. The only thing that Frank is wearing of my construction is the 1727 ticking waistcoat, made of actual linen ticking.

Thats Great, Adam. I am currently about to start (With the invaluable help of Greg) my first pair of hand-sewn slops, but am also very interested in buying another pair to have on hand.

Keep us posted and cant wait to see the pictures

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...