lol whiskey in the jar lol

favorite pirate song i dont have

favorite sailing song be

the grey funnel line by the poxy bogards

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's truly pirate...but the mental images that Adam Ant's "Stand And Deliver" gives me the shivers.

In a good way.

<_<

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

How about this one: Victory from "The Pirate Movie" ? (Remember to click the "play" button)

Although I think the movie sucked big time, the song is rather cool. pirateWink.gif

The lyrics:

Raise the flag of piracy, sing the song of victory

Glorious in battle are we

We've never known defeat, we never will retreat.

We live to hear the cannon roar,

And terror is our sempahore

Victoriously loathsome are we,

We rob the rich, the poor; then steal a little more.

Chorus:

Victory, we fight to win

Victory is ours again

We are the scourge of the land and sea

Beastly pirates are we.

Masters of the briny sea,

We'll go down in history.

Couragous men who live by the sword

We deal in treachery, the kings of lechery.

Raise the anchor, trim the sail

We raid tonight if winds prevail

Invincible we fight to the end

United to a man, we need no battle plan.

Chorus

It's so pitable a sight, to see them walk the plank

They squirm and cry for mercy regardless of their rank.

Chorus

Victory

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....favorite pyrate song....song sung by pyrates?....anything by the Corsairs....especially 1. Mingalay 2. Saliors Prayer(which is NOT a gospel song)3. The Royal Oak

If ye want a song of pyrates then it be a bit different....Yo Ho Ho should top the list....with all them others fallen in behind....

darkRose

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

We Were Buccaneers by Hoyt Axton. Wicked cool slice of Americana and it grows on you.

Whiskey In The Jar is great. The Flying Cloud is another terrific piece.

Tom Waits also has a cut on his new cd called Hoist That Rag that just rocks.

But bar none, the best thing going right now is Queen Anne's Revenge by Flogging Molly.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Whiskey in the Jar... Metallica... hehehe... anyone else see the irony in that combo? That was the first song I ever downloaded from Napster. Seemed like the right thing to do. :ph34r:

As for pirate tunes... I guess I'm partial to The Downfall of Piracy attributed to the young Ben Franklin.

Another of my favorites is The Jolly Town Rakes, from Wit and Mirth: Or Pills to Purge Melancholy by Thomas D'Urfey. While it's not about piracy, it is from the "Golden Age" time period.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

'ello all....

You freindly neighborhood moderator here....the two forums...My favorite pirate songs and My favorite pirate tunes have been merged into one topic....there were several duplications (my own included ) so we decided that they should be as one...and now they are....if you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact myself or Dutchess...

darkRose

<br />

No reason to be sorry.....I did the same thing and as i read my posts found them to be very similar...but I guess thats what we're here for!!

darkRose

<br />

Conquistador - Procol Harum

Kings and Queens - Aerosmith

yes I am old.., but I like my tunes :lol:

:rolleyes: HarborMaster :lol:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, mate, the song was originally written by Don Freed, and the lyrics you're interested in were written by Tom Lewis. He has asked that any requests for lyrics be made to him personally, as he has registered them, and has given permission to a scant few people to perform them...Sir Nigel being one o' the favoured few. Myself bein' another.

Tom's email address is seadog@netidea.com

Fair winds,

Trapper

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

I'm posting on this thread as well, so there's no confusion, since the original post of "Bein' a Pirate" was posted here before being copied off to another thread:

Once again, I must say, that if you want the lyrics, it's only polite to contact the writer of them, since that's what he has stated he wants. The writer of the original song is Don Freed. The writer of the lyrics that everyone, at this point, knows, is Tom Lewis, up in Salmo, BC. You may recognize the name from the many fine albums of sea music he has put out.

He has asked, very specifically, that if someone wants the lyrics, he is happy to provide them. All they need to do is send him an email at seadog@netidea.com, asking for them.

Please refrain from posting the lyrics on this site, as I do know that is not something that he wants done. If you think I'm posting this frivolously, I would ask that you check his first album, Surfacing, and his latest album, 360, All Points of the Compass. I'm listed on both as a performer.

He is a close friend of both mine and Sir Nigel's, and I would ask that you respect his wishes in this regard.

Fair winds,

Trapper Graves

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

This is a rather old song that I happened upon called "The Pirate's Serenade" by Geo. A. W. Langford Farie. I am unsure of the year on this, although it was found in the American Memory from the Library of Congress.

Come, love, come, come away with me,

My bark is on the glossy sea;

The moon is bright, on ocean's breast,

All, save the Pirate, is now at rest.

See how she rides the crested foam,

To bear thee, love, to the Pirate's home;

Then fly, love, fly, do not delay,

We must be gone before to-morrow's day.

Come, love, come, &c

I dare not stay on this hallow'd land,

I must away to my pirate band;

they restless sit, all side by side

To hail thee, love, as the Pirate's Bride.

Come, love, come, &c

Tho' my voice is rough - oh! do not start,

For true and soft is the Pirate's heart.

Thy home shall be on some fairy land,

And thou wilt be Queen of the Pirate's band.

Come, love, come, &c

Come, love, come - ah, why that stern brow

She smiles, oh, who so happy as the pirate now.

My arms will bear thee to "that thing of life"

And this night thou must be the Pirate's Wife.

Oooh, I like it!! Any tune with it?

Trapper

No, there wasn't any tab with it, just a straight song sheet. :huh:

A search on the name only brings up five listings, with one being for deadmentellnotales.com for the song being listed in the "Book of Pirate Songs". You might want to email them and see if the book includes the tab. If not, it's gonna be hard to find the tab for this as this song came out of the Library of Congress' 19th century rare book section.

I would have to say, "Captain Ward" and "Mrs. Mcgraw". Oldies and goodies. The Jolly Rogers versions of both are well done. They even put cannon fire in the background during the battle verse of "Captain Ward". Sounds great on a good speaker system.

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

Several favorites ...

Favorite fun pirate song: "Scurvy" (cracks me up every time)

Favorite movie pirate song: "Shiver My Timbers" (from Muppet Treasure Island ... yes, a kids' film, but it's SUCH a fun song, it really does give me chills when I hear it)

General favorite sea shanty tune: "What Do We Do With A Drunken Sailor" (I know this is a song that EVERYbody in the entire world likes, because everyone in the entire world has heard it, but I really do love it)

Favorite pirate song on General Principle: "Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me" ('cause if it wasn't for PotC, I wouldn't have my piratical obsession ...)

Favorite song in the whole world that has nothing to do with pirates but does, at least, have a reference to the ocean: "Jungle Love" by the Steve Miller Band

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg