Rita

The Doctor

Hopefully she blows off her steam and calms before entering the Gulf region... we can hope, eh?

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

The current track puts on Rita landing right on top of my parents town, Bay City, Texas. My mother once worked on a movie about the 1900 Hurricane that wiped out Galveston. Ironic. :)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Hopefully it doesn't cause much damage to the coast this time... but even moreso, hopefully it dies before it reaches Oklahoma! Judging by the current forecasted path, *if* it hits Oklahoma with much force, the eye will end up passing over my town by sunday/monday. :lol:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Me parents are in the direct path, as predicted. They are under mandatory evacuation as is my brother's family. I offered to fly them into to Phoenix, but they want to stay near their homes. They are traveling inland to shelters and then are planning on driving back to their homes. Me dad is a peg-leg and me mom only has one eye. What do they think they are? Pirates?

Where's the rum; I need a stiff drink. :rolleyes:

~BHP

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Mother Nature is an angry mistress this year. Thankfully, they have all gone abeam of us in Central Florida. Least they could do after four last year, albeit wee ones compared to Kat and Rita.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I heard that Rita lost a bit of momentum this morning (Thursday), and they say it might lose even more throughout the day before hitting the coast. Let us all hope that is true.

Evacuation routes in Houston are clogged bumper-to-bumper, with all hotels up to Oklahoma and Arkansas booked. The mayor may even open all eight lanes of the freeway to northbound traffic... that's so insane... if this happened in LA, I shudder to think.

All me prayers from me friends have paid off. Me parents made it through the bumper to bumper traffic with one pit stop fer their overheated car to the airport in Austin (150 miles from their home). I had tickets waiting for them at the counter and they be catching a 6pm flight out to Phoenix.

Looks like the storm is going to skim past their homeport of Matagorda County, but may be a direct hit on me brothers in League City. He is currently still on the highways (from last night at 6pm) trying to make it to Austin. There, hopefully, he will find the prepaid room for 1 night I managed to secure for me parents. After that, he's on his own.

Thank ye all for yer kind wishes.

~Black Hearted Pearl