PIRATE MOVIES

Capt. Flint

Hello, I'm in San Diego, and a group of friends and I have decided to celebrate "Talk Like a Pirate Day" by having a pirate movie marathon on the big screen. Can you suggest what 3 pirate movies would be the best to show to newbie pirates? Also, we plan to have a pirate Potluck, is there a link to any pirate recipes? If you have any further suggestions on how I can make this a really fun event, please email me at MaraJade@cox.net. Thanks!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You came to the right place.. I'd go over the thread for favorite pirate movies in this particular forum and kinda make a list of the most popular ones, these blokes, and lasses, have great taste in such things. As for recipes, check out The Way to a Pyrate's Heart FUD section.. we've gone nuts with good recipes everywhere! Have a great time!

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Pirates of the Carribean

Cutthroat Island (costume auctions currently on the Bay of E right now)

A Pirate Movie

Swashbuckler

The Black Swan

Captain Blood

:angry:

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Guest Cap'n Grey

Arrrr! Here be me shipmate, Mad Mara!

Ye be forgettin' me favorite pirate movie - "Muppet Treasure Island". :angry: Why thar be no Long John Silver like that thar Tim Curry, matey.

And, aye, it be amazin' how piritical Yoda can be.

Why thar be no Long John Silver like that thar Tim Curry, matey.

aye, Cap'n Grey,

Tim Curry is perfect in this role.he is just so charismatic in his piratical sleaziness.and I love what he is wearing later in the movie,the epitome of pirate high fashion.

he would make a great Black Bart!

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions