What are you doing right now?

Christine

Killing time in the office. The work day is long over, but I had to drive downtown (Chicago) this morning and am waiting for some of the friday night rush hour freaks to get the hell out of town so I don't have to forgive them for their transgressions against me.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for the furnace guy to come clean my furnace. He was supposed to be here between 9 and 10 a.m. It's now 10:16, no sign of him, and I'm really bored.

This is one autumn ritual that I really hate!

This time, I hope I don't get the cranky guy who gripes at me because the furnace is so dirty. Yeah, duh, that's why I called to have it cleaned!

I hope I get the nice guy who tells me he likes my house 'cause it "smells nice". [Yes, indeed, dear, I put out that "Tropical Breeze" air freshener just for you, to try to cover the musty odour in the cellar.]

Ah well, it could be worse -- we had a heavy rain last night, and I feared I'd have to pump bilge out of the furnace room this morning, but we're fairly dry down there. I guess the rain just sounded heavier than it really was because the neighbour's eavestrough needs fixing. [Which cheers me, to know that other people are nearly as lax in their house maintenance as I am.]

I hope the furnace guy actually shows up before lunch. I feel like I'm under house-arrest in the meantime.

Sigh, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Listening to the neighbor's baby squall.

Still no sign of the furnace guy, and it's nearly 11 am!

And I just remembered that it's Talk Like a Pirate Day today ... so ...

"Arrr! I'm gonna keel-haul the scurvy bugger iffin' he don't haul anchor and get the wind in his sails!" [Yeah, okay, I'm not very good at pirate-speak. I need more practice.]

I guess I could spend the time waiting for the furnace guy drinking rum...

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Arrr, well, the scallywag finally showed up to clean my furnace, at noon -- two hours late! And then only after I'd sent a broadside across the bow by phoning the furnace company to see why no one had arrived yet. Apparently the dispatcher screwed up and forgot to put my house on today's schedule.

Happily, it was the "nice" furnace guy who finally arrived, not the grumpy one.

Well, that's that done for another year!

Indeed, I'm feeling quite virtuous as I also performed another important house maintenance function today. The buttons on our cheap 10-year-old kitchen phone have been used so often that the several of the numbers had worn off (kinda like the "e" and the "n" of this keyboard). I had contemplated buying a new phone, but instead, I got a black Sharpie and wrote the numbers on by hand. Looks fine, and I'm less likely to call the wrong # now.

Huzzah, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Contemplating what bank to rob to pay for all the garb and kit I want *sigh* and warming me dogs on me lil doggie "ees sleeping" :blink:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 3 weeks later...

Hemming pants ... something I hate doing and I've postponed for far too long.

I've just finished the first of two pairs, and it wasn't too traumatic. The length looks pretty good (unlike the pair of paisley jeans that I accidentally turned into capris last summer).

Now for the second pair... fingers crossed!

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Coffee and Orange rolls as my wife is watching "The Witches of Eastwick."

Still coming down off the high of what was quite possibly my best-ever single most enjoyable day of Civil War reenacting yesterday.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Still coming down off the high of what was quite possibly my best-ever single most enjoyable day of Civil War reenacting yesterday.

Do tell.....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Making out a shopping list for the market! Boy, where does it go?!?

Lilith - Commander of The Tartarus

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

Gearing up to decorate the house for Christmas tomorrow. :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Trying to figure out a way to convince Matt to come here & clean my house :blink:

Honestly, *not* watching veggie tales with me little swab, eating cookie dough & salt & vinegar chips and 'surfing' random internet stuff like usual.

it's a raging Friday night!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Honey, I don't think I'd get much house cleaning done if I came over. ;)

Hey! I just found out my stove is WHITE! :lol::lol::lol:

As a single man, it's not often that I've cleaned up much the past 10 years of my life I've been married. It's a bit of a PITA to get back in the habit again. Kitchen's clean, though! Laundry's done.....damn. Matt's outta rum. :lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Well I've got rum, a feather duster & a cute apron. On second thought, you're right. The place would be more messed up when we're finished :lol: .

Rats, that means *I'll* have to clean it.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

How can you not watch Veggie Tales with the wee ones, they're brilliant! :lol: Speaking of which I need to put mine to bed... :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

How can you not watch Veggie Tales with the wee ones, they're brilliant! :lol: Speaking of which I need to put mine to bed... :lol:

Constant rotation for the last 2 weeks Captain. I could quote Jonah in my sleep by now. For all I know, I might *be*!