What are you doing right now?

Christine

Fighting with a telephone company.

Very rarely do I rant and rave but this is too much. 8 months ago, my father passed away. As executer of his small estate, I've been responsible for all the associated matters regarding his death. He was meticulous with his record keeping and was a stickler for paying his bills in full and on time. After he passed, I contacted each and every company he had an account with. Providing them with death certificates when necessary and paying any and all final bills.

Now, 8 months later, I'm getting phone calls and bills with incredible amounts. For example, and ambulance company, assessed late charges to his bill for an ambulance call. They were great, took off the late fees and I paid the bill on the spot. The telephone company is the infuriating one. Assessing a $200 fee for early cancellation and other various charges. (did I mention I had already paid his final bill in full). You have got to be kidding me. The man is deceased. Perhaps I should have left the account open so he could call me from heaven. So after 20 minutes on hold, and speaking with 2 different people, they are supposedly waiving the fees. Thank goodness for that.

The woman I spoke with at the credit agency was wonderful. She also happens to be going through the same thing. We had a great discussion about the stupidity and insincerity of companies regarding in the matters of the death of a loved one. I wonder how many other stupid phone call I will be getting.

I'm sorry to about your father. My uncle passed away Sunday. It seems to there is been a lot of death as of late. There was a friend of a friend who passed a few months ago a girl I went to high school with was burned alive a while back and then the Saturday I went to leave to see my Uncle there were two accidents on US-1 and the one guy I saw that was in the accident looked really bad...

Not trying to be a down here or anything lol but I've never been exposed to this much death...makes you appreciate things a bit more you know?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about 12:30AM Republic of Texas time and I have been awake for less than an hour.

Missing sleep for four days in a row finally took it's toll and I slept all day. I need to go

Wally World to find some blue thread to repair a kimono (yukata really) that is one of

the robes that I keep for my models to wear. Juts to be weird I am going to pick up a few

king size sheets in different colours to try out as underwater backgrounds in the swimming

pool tomorrow.

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

• 1 month later...

DSC_0103-1.jpg

I had some people ask about my attempts at photography. There are some works in progress

that may be viewed at Deviant Art. These images are rough drafts of some photos that I want

to do in the near future. A bit like doing a sketch before starting a painting. There is an

ungodly amount of nudity. Most of which is rated PG-13 to rated R. But I have to caution you

that some of the bondage pics are NC-17 images. If you are over 18 you are welcome to take

a looksie.

If you are a conservative Muslim or a liberal feminist I advise that you do not view these images.

NUDITY WARNING!

http://art-terrorist.deviantart.com/

NUDITY WARNING!

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Flirting with a woman who says she is just wearing pearls right now.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I am about to dig for buried treasure.

All right, I'll be honest...or at least as honest as usual...I'm about to scoop out the kitties boxes. Adventure, excitement, really smelly things!

Later today, I'll be doing up some laundry and playing France 1940. Playing the Dyle Plan scenario right now, on turn 72 (out of 88 turns), and I have a major victory against the fro...French.

Damn, thats sharp!

Reading...researching...planning...dreaming..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 5 months later...

Listening to La Musica Notturna Delle Strade di Madrid No. 6 Op. 30

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Sounds relaxin', Rob. :)

Currently, sitting here taking a break from cleaning up having tossed about items as I feverishly start working on some spare attire pieces. All while battling a sinus congestion. I work tonight so, gotta get as much done as possible. :)

Oh, and stopping occassionally to twist around to pamper and pet Magellan. :) He's purring like a motorboat with a smug look on his face. One hell of a happy pirate kitty he be.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Sitting in the James Brown Arena waiting on the rodeo to start. Not my first choice for a sat night out but its the father in laws birthday so I've been in Augusta for 8 hrs as even though its the pop in laws b_day its the mother in laws shopping trip! LoL

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 4 months later...

Right now? Right this very minute? I'm at work, waiting for it to rain (its very humid...I can feel it inside...90%), and keeping up with the US/Brit-land match by way of the FIFA gamecast...at this moment, we're losing. And I want to see us smash England!

Damn, thats sharp!

Arguing with an engine company on why I need an inline fuel pump to measure 49 psi at the rail . . .

"Yes, it has to be J-tec."

"S-bec is much easier."

"I know that. I have J-tec."

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Remaining in the Air Conditioning! It's bloody freakin' hot & humid!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I just got home from the gym. I just added an extra 10 minutes to my cardio and I had an easier time with my 150 sit-ups. :) Now I'm sucking down a protein drink and I'm getting ready to make some food.

I'm trying to set up a real Pirate-themed town...somewhere. I need some help with it.

• 1 month later...

Just this minute, I am celebrating my victory at the Battle of Liege (playing France 1914). Tricksy battle...have to punch thru the ring of forts around the city and thrust into the town center...in this scenario, you don't have the big Krupp and Skoda siege guns, so you can't take on the forts...

Kampf fur Mutter's apfel strudel!

Damn, thats sharp!

• 2 weeks later...

I am at work... er... supposedly working!;)

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-