Beer

Pew

:P

'Tis 'bout time for a Friday morn beverage discussion: Ales, Stouts, Lagers, Pilsners . . . jus' to name a few.

Any brands worth mentioning that aren't made by Bud or Coors?

What ale be ye imbibin' at yer local fest?

I wanna know wot be available that I need a pirate out west ta ship me, (any you Colorado folks, I be likin' the LeftHand Brown Ale, or Fat Tire's Amber Ale. ) :o

Meself be takin to a MackesonXXX or Young's Double Chocolate Stout, 'ere on the east coast. McHenry's not a bad brew, nor DeGroens, both of which made 'ere in Baltimore. Try the Fordham, if'n ye be at the Ram's 'ead Tavern 'ere in Maryland. .

:wub:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Hey Coach Good Morrow! Gee...... That be a tough question????? Guinness!

although being the frugal gourmet that I am I does find deals often enough to invest in Beck's ($9.99 12 pack) (I love their new motto) "Life Beckons"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Well, here is a good topic. I consider myself a bit of a Connoisseur on the subject. I used to work at a place, a wonderfull place called BevMo. It was like a liquor warehouse, you can check it out online. They had just about everykind of beer you could think of. Some of my favorites would be, Fullers ESB, Bodingtons, Wexford, Red Stripe and Carlsberg. And anything from Stone Brewery and Anderson Valley Brewery, those are two Californian Breweries, one from the north and the other from the south. That was a great job, although it took a toll on my wallet and my liver. :wub:

Petee-2.jpg

The Summit Brewery here in the Twin Cities produces some wonderful beers. I do have some sad news to report; the original site of the Hamm's Brewery burned a couple days ago. A tragic loss for the Land of Sky Blue Waters.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Watery and pale, that's how I like me beers. So I be quite content with a Rolling Rock, a Molson Canadian, or a Heineken. I also have a taste for an Alexander Keith's India Pale ale -- Nova Scotia's best.

Aye, it be true -- when it comes to beers, I be a weenie, a sissy! :lol::lol:

But I can still hit me mark with me rapier and pistol, so watch yerself!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Hey Coach Good Morrow! Gee...... That be a tough question????? Guinness!

Good Morrow, Monsignor!!

We be needin' ta expand yer dark stout vocabulary good friend.

:lol:

Well, here is a good topic. I consider myself a bit of a Connoisseur on the subject.

Aye. 'Tis always a good discussion me thinks. We 'ave a small group in these 'ere parts (Bretheren of the Toast) and we get together and taste a few mixed 6ers.

And anything from Stone Brewery and Anderson Valley Brewery, those are two Californian Breweries, one from the north and the other from the south. That was a great job, although it took a toll on my wallet and my liver. :lol:

Ah yes. Anderson Valley does put out some delicious brews, the Boone Stout (I believe) is one of their best. Yes, good beer isn't cheap, but beer is proof that God wanted us to be happy, (thank you Mr. Franklin).

I had a Sam Adams Black Lager last night. Tasted like a Guinness light . . . :lol:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I must admit to being a beer snob. Got a few favorites:

- Pretty much anything from North Coast Brewery (in Fort Bragg, CA - rated one of the top ten microbreweries in the world) but their Pranqster and Rasputin's Russian Stout are my personal favorites (if you like Guinness, you'll LOVE this stout.)

- Guinness

- Red Stripe (when I was in Jamaica, this constituted many of my calories)

- Shaftebury Cream Ale (from western British Columbia - the most drinkable beer I've ever had. Unfortunately, you can only get it in western BC.)

- Deschutes Black Butte Porter

- Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter

- Delirium Tremens Belgian Ale

There's a Belgian Ale I haven't tried yet, but it would definitely be a find, particularly for this group. It's called Van Steenberge Piraat Belgian Ale

RHJMap.jpg

- Delirium Tremens Belgian Ale

There's a Belgian Ale I haven't tried yet, but it would definitely be a find, particularly for this group. It's called Van Steenberge Piraat Belgian Ale

Pink Elephants. :lol:

Piraat is pretty good, its like Delirium but a bit more hoppy. They sell it at BevMo and have it on tap at Bj's. Its a pizza/brewery out here in the west. www.bevmo.com

Petee-2.jpg

Watery and pale, that's how I like me beers.  So I be quite content with a Rolling Rock, a Molson Canadian, or a Heineken.  I also have a taste for an Alexander Keith's India Pale ale -- Nova Scotia's best.

Aye, it be true -- when it comes to beers, I be a weenie, a sissy!  :lol:   :lol:

But I can still hit me mark with me rapier and pistol, so watch yerself!

I'm right with yah Ciaran. I used to be a Coors fan when I lived in Denver, but my preference now would be Rolling Rock.

In reality, I rarely drink beer. I aim for hard cider (Woodpecker or Woodchuck).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Piraat is pretty good, its like Delirium but a bit more hoppy.

Aye, sir.

Excellent taste you have there!

- Pretty much anything from North Coast Brewery (in Fort Bragg, CA - rated one of the top ten microbreweries in the world)

Red Seal is made there correct?

Most delicious brew . . .

I'm right with yah Ciaran.  I used to be a Coors fan when I lived in Denver, but my preference now would be Rolling Rock.

I'f'n I'm gonna sit down and drink 18-19 beers, it'll be Girls . . .errr . . Coors Light. Great after a rugby tourney . . .

:lol::lol:

The Summit Brewery here in the Twin Cities produces some wonderful beers. I do have some sad news to report; the original site of the Hamm's Brewery burned a couple days ago. A tragic loss for the Land of Sky Blue Waters.

So maybe all the Hamms beer collectibles willbe more valuable now! I'm bummed - but I can still think of the bear dancing and hum the tune... Hamms, the beer refreshing, Hamm's, the beer refreshing, Hammmmmmmms~

:lol:

Coors light, like sex in a canoe, pretty close to water, but still pretty good. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it f***in close ta water . . . :lol:

No sulfites in it makes me feel okay after a bender . . . (Uh, the beer, not the sex).

Dark Lord Imperial Russian Stout - It be made by the Three Floyds Brewery and takes a whole year to brew. They make only so many cases and a bottle sells for about $15.00 for like 40 oz. It be wqax sealed and has the consistancy of motor oil. It is brewed with Starbucks coffee, black currant berries, and chocolate. There is a large monsterous lord on the from label holding an axe. I can tell ya it is a grand ale.

Shoots anything that moves!!

Ow bouts some o the worlds strongest beer. Just out. Check out the link.

worlds strongest beer

There also be the one e're as well that been out a while at 25% from Samuel Adams. It be one of their Utopias. Basically just over $100.00 a bottle.

Samula Adams Utopia

Shoots anything that moves!!

Me own favorite would have to be Newcastle Brown Ale, from England, aye. Makes me thirsty just thinkin' about it, it does! :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Anything from Rogue Brewery sez I. In fact they have a barleywine that's ta kill for! I've been brewin me own for 6 years and I canna come close to makin a barleywine this good, or this potent! :lol:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

I had a Sam Adams Black Lager last night. Tasted like a Guinness light . . . :lol:

Never had it meself but I be a Sam Adams fan. Likes the Boston Lager ,I does. Not too keen on the rest of em though.

Harps is pretty good too. Made by Guinness but not as stong.

Guinness is a good draft beer, but i don't favor it out of a bottle, just not the same. Boddington is all right if you like your beer to taste like water. I' ll be stikkin to Sam though.

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg