Ophelia

The Doctor

I don't have to look at a map. I just have to look out the window. She's right outside anytime I need a peek.

From Hurricane Central...

-- Hurricane

(No relation to Charley, Frances, Jeane, Ivan, Dennis or Katrina)

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

She'll be up my way tomorrow of Friday...

Already been kicking up some dangerous sailing conditions around here, and I'm amazed we haven't been called out to get some sorry landsman you thinks they're a sailor yet. We'll see. I've actually been enjoying the stormy weather, gosh knows we needed it.

We'll see if I'm whistling the same tune later this week.....

Cheers,

Adam C., Slop-man & Ordinary

Frigate Squirrel; "The Fish-Broth Society"

SURF'S UP! I've been enjoying the swells, and the north easters rock!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

And now she's regained hurricane strength, presently setting her designs south of Charleston, SC. Like Shakespeare's Ophelia, this storm is confounding and hard to predict. God bless and protect all in her path.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Aarrgh and damnations! She be getting too damn close now to me family's beach cottage near Wilmington. Here in central NC we are beginning to get some of the rain bands and tomorrow looks pretty lousy. I hope she doesn't wash our coast too badly.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Darling Ophelia be causing great mischief along our coastline. Reports coming in from Wilmington of trees and limbs down in numerous places, and up to 8 inches of rain there. Along the beaches up to 12 inches of rain being reported with winds gusting to 80 mph. The hurricane is raking right along the southeastern and central coastline and expected to make landfall -- possibly as a category 2 -- tonight near Morehead City and Beaufort. Forecast takes it then over Ocracoke and Hatteras.

Here in central NC (I live in Durham which is approx. 150 miles from the ocean) we have dark skies and occasional bands of rain and wind. None of it very strong here.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

My advice as a much-spared Katrina survivor: if you are in Ophelia's projected path, VAMOOSE! Please get away while you can!

Even if you have plywood on your windows, bottled water, non-perishable foods, and guns: none of this will help you against DISEASE.

Also, the winds and rain can buffet yer home-vessel like a top! B)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"