Charleston, South Carolina

AllByMeOnesies

You absolutley must go to the Queen Anne's Revenge restaraunt on Daniel Island, 20 minutes from downtown. More period weapons than I've ever seen in any museum, fill display cases all around the place. Howard Pyle's original painting of the Marooned is on the wall in the bar. There is one pirate walking tour that a Ghost touring company runs, but I can't remember the name. The museum is always a fun place to spend the day. Charlestowne Landing has a colonial village and an old ship at it's dock. Hope this helps.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

You may want to visit The Spirit Of South Carolina a ship being built at the Charleston Maritime Center. She is based on a pilot schooner built in 1879. They should be in the process of planking her hull about now. When finished she'll be used as a teaching ship for high school and college students to learn about sailing and South Carolina's maritime history. It's not hard to find, it's only a block away from where you catch the Fort Sumpter ferry and the new aquarium.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

• 2 weeks later...

We took the ships down there in the winter of 2000. The Canadian Navy hadn't been there in over 10 years. It was feb in Halifax. Best thing to do when leaving harbour is to turn to stbd and don't stop.

When we were doing tours people kept asking what the big red maple leaf was on the stack. "That's the mark of the Canadian Navy". "You guys have a Navy?" was the usual reply.

A damn good time had by all that few days. The boys would go on a 'rig run' (hit the bars in uniform). Never had to pay for a single pint :)

I went on the "Pirate tour". A walking tour with a guide. Very cool.

It's now a usual port when the ships go south.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

The battery downtown and the two forts are good bet as well Moultrie is on the Isle of Palms just across the river, and Sumter I am not sure how to get to, but if you ask a local I am sure they could tell you. Not exactly piratcal, but more civil war type guns and history if you like that kind of stuff.

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg