NQG 10th Anniversary Birthday Bash

Jamaica Rose

No Quarter Given will be celebrating it's 10th Anniversary at Pirates in Paradise on Dec. 6, Saturday (next to last night of the festival).

It will be held 8-11 p.m.

So far, Julie of PIP has scheduled the following for entertainment:

the Crimson Pirates

Tortuga Mutineers

Bawdy B

Kat Epple

The Norma Gabriel Butterfield Blues Band

What else do you think we should do to celebrate TEN fabulous years?

Our first issue was Nov. 1993, and I can't believe we are still going strong. Many of you have helped keep us going, through your subscriptions, letters, photos, contributions and submissions. I'd love to include as many of your ideas as possible.

I thought to have some display boards showing some highlights of NQG over the years.

Any of you got some other ideas?

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"'Tis my modest opinion that no man can fly pirate colors who's not willing to sell his friend, his sweetheart, or his mother."

Crimson Pirate

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

Originally it was going to be at Crabby Bills -- but they are remodelling -- so I think Julie told me it's going to be at the Schooner Wharf Bar. But I'm not sure. Don't worry though -- just show up at Pirates in Paradise. You'll get a schedule -- and just follow the rest of the pirates.

It will be good to meet up with you again. The last time we met was very brief and didn't have much time to talk (that's the problem with running a booth).

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"Piracy is it's own reward."

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

AHhhhhhhhhhh Jamaica... :ph34r:

I'll have to be wave'n to you from the West Coast that night. But me heart will be in the right place!!

Have a wonderous an "profitable" evening mate!!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 1 month later...

Just to bring you up to date -- the NQG 10th Anniversary party will take place in the Schooner Wharf Bar, right dockside on the Historic Key West Marina -- couldn't think of a more atmospheric spot.

See you all there,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

We're looking forward to seeing you down there and celebrating your anniversary... The Pyrates of the Coast look forward to meeting you up again. Been awhile... :o

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Unfortunately, they don't let me out until the 13th, so I won't be there. Otherwise, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Hope everyone has fun.

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Since I can't be there in person, Hoist a tankard for me. happy Borthday No Quarter Given! may ye have many more.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

• 4 weeks later...

So many pirates and buccaneers came to help us celebrate the No Quarter Given 10th Anniversary. It near brought me to tears o' pleasure. I want to thank you all for the warm, hearty response!!

Since we returned from Key West I've had to hit the deck running, preparing for the holidays, big family get-to-gether aboard our ship, many holiday houseguests, and also getting the January issue No Quarter Given ready for the printing press. So I haven't gotten any PIP photos up yet on the website (except for the new one on the opening page). Will try to remedy that later today.

Happy Sailing in the New Year,

--Jamaica Rose

"Late again, Pirate Scum!"

----- Return of the King

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

I had a good time (if brief) at the NQG bash. However, I had to depart early. I was in the middle of my 3rd wedding of the festival, and a bit preoccupied...blissfully preoccupied...

*ahem*

:ph34r:

I was very happy to get to know you and your crew at the festival, and look forward to more pirate adventures!

Fair winds and happy sailing in the new year, Jamaica Rose!

Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Aye, Nigel...

You had the captain's permission (however ill-advised) for you to go chasing wildlife that night - it 'twas a grand party. Our cabin boy faded early so we weren't able to stay for too long. But it was a step back in time to be sitting in this dimly lit waterside venue with a room full of rogues and wenches. It was amazing and thanks to the NQG folks for putting on such a grand soiree...

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com