Katrina

The Doctor

Bout darned time another one swung by. After last year's excitement, the summer here was getting a bit boring. Hopefully, it will swing a bit north and whack us a little more head on. But a Cat 1 is hardly a good wind storm and some rain. Sigh!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

just what i was thinkin....katrina is hardly worth raisin a drink to...

might be just enough to fly that kite again, eh capt????

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Aye, lass! But a high pressure has pressed her down again, robbing us of the much needed wind to once again launch Blackheart: The Kite.

Tis a sad day here in Mouseland...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Darn...that means Dumbo won't be takin' flight either. :lol:

I hope folks take shelter as soon as we can tell where Katrina's headed next. She could gain alot of power in the gulf. Weather forecasters are noting she could be a very ugly storm (I hope for the sake of others that they're wrong).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Tis a sad day here in Mouseland...

-- Hurricane

But it would be a happy day for those of us who live in Realityland, if it would just die out in the Gulf! :unsure:

Hurricanes aren't about flying kites; they're about uprooted trees; metal street signs flying through the air like Frisbees; city streets turned into sewage-laden canals; beach houses washed out to sea.

If this is what you want, I pray that you personally will receive everyone else's share.

:huh:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

capt william---

the post about flyin a kite was from earlier...not the updated katrina (link was not uplinked at that time)...when she was just a cat 1/storm and was headed off to fade away in the gulf......

hurricane actually flew a kite in the eyestorm of...which one was it???...oh...i get all 4 that hit fl last year confused!

as for now capt william...i pray for the best....and hope your side fairs well.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

It was Frances....

frances.jpg

The ship, uh, kite, fared well...

By the way Capt William, I made that statement when Katrina was a Cat 1... no one wants a Cat 5 or a 4 for that matter. Duh! And I certainly don't wish one to hit one of my favorite cities in the country.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in New Orleans, Louisiana and anyone in Katrina's path.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Aye me heart and prayers go out to all our mateys in LA, MS, AL, FLA and anywhere that Katrina will effect.

I lived in SC for 7 years and can honestly say we were most fortunate at that time. The worst we saw was Fran and the threat of Floyd (which never ended up landing on us). I hope as many of our mateys as possible have found safety. :unsure:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

since katrina decided to miss us, i went to a local beach sunday. we only got 1 band of rain from her in our area, & a nice "breeze".

here are some pics if you wanted to see them.

link to my yahoo photo albums

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Glad she miss you all, but the b*tch destroyed my house.

I am NOT a happy l'il pirate at the moment. I'm safe and dry in MD, but the house I just bought this winter in Uptown is smashed.

:huh:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

So, so sorry to hear that, Pynch... :huh:

Just a note to others on this board...

Diosa and I just made a donation on behalf of our crewe, The Pyrates of the Coast, to the National Disaster Relief fund for the Red Cross. We encouraged each of our members to donate what they could to aid relief of those stricken by Katrina. And now we're asking those on pyracy.com to do the same with their crewes and friends. Every little bit helps. As we all know from living in Florida, these storms can cause tremendous damage, physically and emotionally. And our hearts go out to those in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Here's a link to the site to donate online: http://www.redcross.org/

Thanks all!

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Thanks Hurricane. There's a lot of folks down there that are going to need a LOT of help.

BTW, has anyone heard from Captain William? Last I checked, he's from New Orleans.

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

I am NOT a happy l'il pirate at the moment. I'm safe and dry in MD, but the house I just bought this winter in Uptown is smashed.

:lol:

Sorry to hear that Pynch.

And I too hope Cap'n William is ok.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

This hurricane just had to be named Katrina didn't it? My cousin's horrible ex-wife is named Katrina. The whole family always considered her a force of nature with the way things happened in their marriage and the crap being pulled between their 3 year old son. How do they come up with these names for these hurricanes and why name them anyway? :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

This hurricane just had to be named Katrina didn't it? My cousin's horrible ex-wife is named Katrina. The whole family always considered her a force of nature with the way things happened in their marriage and the crap being pulled between their 3 year old son. How do they come up with these names for these hurricanes and why name them anyway? :ph34r:

Reminds of something my insurance agent said yesterday...

"Mother Nature must have an ex-husband in New Orleans."

Twas about the only funny thing she said.

Every little bit does help. The Red Cross is in desparate need of money and blood. As we all know from living in Florida, these storms can cause tremendous damage, physically and emotionally. And our hearts go out to those in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Here's a link to the site to donate online: http://www.redcross.org/

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

:lol:

Pynch, where in Uptown is yer house? We live in Uptown also. We need to get together when this is all over.

:)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Hey Cap'n William!

Was worried about you! Haven't been in the pub in a while and wanted to check and see how you are doing.

Here in Birmingham we have thousands of refugees. I am grieving for those in New Orleans and their loss. I've been to N.O. many times and it's one of my favorite cities in the U.S.

Anyway, glad to see you post!

Take care,

Maggie

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!