Tips for tying head bandana or scarf

Lady Alyx

Firstly, silk does not necessarily mean slippery. There are many diff fabrics made from Silk. 2nd....

BLIMEY MacNamara! Don't get yer britches in a half hitch. I believe that the reference to Compton was an attempt at humour, inasmuch that ye don't want ta be wearin a bandana - "colours" type o thing in certain gang infested areas of Los Angeles. Relax Man it's only Piratin :lol:

• 2 years later...
A Granny knot Bleddyn!  Get ye back on land boy!  Turn one of yer second knot around and ye will have a propper reef knot!

Granny knot indeed! :ph34r:   :ph34r:   ;)   ;)   ;)

Okay now, so just how do ye know if yer got one o' second knot turn around when ye be doing it all behind yer head??

...now keep in mind that this be coming from one who could not never figure out how to tie a neck tie, so much so that when me drill sergeant became frustrated watching me try, he tied it for me.....and to this day, now 28 year later, that very neck tie still hang in me closet, with the very knot that Sergeant Adams tied in it 28 year ago.

:ph34r:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

OK Here are the easy instructions for a scarf with a long tail. For illustration purposes, lay the scarf down on a table, fold in half diagonally. Pull the top fold longer than the bottom fold, creating a longer tail. Put on your head, shorter fold on bottom. Tie in the back with a reef knot. Done!

Those destined to hang, shall not fear drowning

I have seen in some movies....(stop rolling yer eyes!)....and I do not remember just which ones off hand...(Stop walking away! get back here!!)....some head scarfs that had a Long flowing tail in the back, about 1 to 2 foot and they were clearly NOT head 'bands' but a full head scarf and most likely of silk by the way the wind easily made the tail float. So just what kind of cut/pattern would be required to get such an effect? I think it was mostly in some of the older 1960's an' early 70's flicks I remember these from, I can even picture one was in black&white...

Oh, and in addition to a past comment about the usage of head scarfs and head bands, I recall it also being stated in some document that they have been in use since almost invention of the hat itself for besides keeping the sweat out of one's eyes it also serves as protection to the hat itself in keeping the body oils and hair greases from being absorbed into the expensive hat :huh:

(I don't think they had dandruff shampoos back then...)

(added)

I Found It!!!

I knew I had found a site long time back that had 'Step by Step Instructions' with photos even that show just how to tie a Pirate Bandana!! It even shows ye the RIGHT WAY an' the WRONG WAY for ta wear it. An' it appear ta be written by a pirate's parrot even! :lol:

Step-By-Step Instructions For Tieing A Pirate Bandana

Entry in Captain Mad L's ship log:

12 April 1659

Note to self, scratch idea of making knot easier to tie by placing in front of head...

:lol:

A different way is to:

1- Do not fold

2- Place it flat upon your head and pull all excess material to one side

3- twist the excess until you have just one long flowing tail and its tight upon your head

4- tie by using one half hitch

(Safety Note- at step 3 do not over tighten, you're eyes will pop out.)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

(Safety Note- at step 3 do not over tighten, you're eyes will pop out.)

::idea::

an' I wonder, would that work too on a wench's sash??

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I dont like the big knot in the back, so I cheat and use the clear hair ties you can find for 200 for $2 or so.. makes it neat and keeps it tight, because its clear you dont see it..

and all without losing an eye to popage. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg