Pirate in Training

Barbados Sam

I just joined a pirate group and I'm doing my first Faire next weekend. Are there any websites, books, etc. that teach you some basic phrases so that I can talk like a pirate?

Cheers,

Barbados Sam

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, Killian...thanks to ya' fer the link....and aye to the twins fer postin' as well....I be lookin' forward to Corona......

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

My site has a Learn the Lingo section:

http://www.piratebrethren.com/lingo.html

Honestly, it has been over a year since I added anything. I don't even remember exactly what is there, other than it is a mixture of bawdy stuff and sailory stuff.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Black John, me thanks to ye fer the lingo link...much abliged mate B) ....Rhumba Rue, me apologies fer leavin' ya ina lurch regardin' me bio....it has been duly updated. I be a humble pirate newly pressed into service by the HMS Stranglehold, a cursed pirate ship docked here in sunny San Diego, CA. Piratin' err, I mean Privateerin' be new to me and I be proud to be knowin' ye. Me first voyage with the ship is to Port Corona next weekend...... B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

I just joined a pirate group and I'm doing my first Faire next weekend.  Are there any websites, books, etc. that teach you some basic phrases so that I can talk like a pirate?

Cheers,

Barbados Sam

First thing mate ye buys a drynk fer the tavern and then ye gets the perts. But seein as hows I likes ye already check out the / Pirate crews section under this one. Then goes to the / Pirates of Europe section. There in the thread called / Study Hall (pirating 101) and there be this book full a study material fer you to cut and paste to yer hearts content! Guinness if ye will? Grammercy

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Ahoy Sam, Good ta have ya on board, I'll be attending Port Corna this weekend as well. I thinks all us pub members that be goin are ta meet at the back ale stand at 4pm on Saturday. Since I'll be going both days I'll be at that ale stand a lot so ifin any o ya miss thje 4pm ale call, ya can make it up. ;);)

Petee-2.jpg

Welcomes to ya Barbados Sam! So very good tas have another lad amongst the pub. Next weekend it tis then - in the meantyme - gramercy for the grog. B) The hugs ;) and kisses :o will have tas take place at the Cutthroats of Corona then! Huzzah~

Aye, tis a fine group o' Privateers lurkin' in this here pub. Thanks be ye who be helpin' me get me sea legs. I be lookin' fer ye at Port Corona this weekend, mark me words. Cheers to the lot o' ya B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Aye, tis a fine group o' Privateers lurkin' in this here pub. Thanks be ye who be helpin' me get me sea legs. I be lookin' fer ye at Port Corona this weekend, mark me words. Cheers to the lot o' ya :huh:

Corona Pirate Faire dinner house cafe at 4:00 pm matey ales ergh the coldest there as well!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• 3 weeks later...

Barbados Sam - tis good to know ye be in the good company of the Strangehold. Killian is a fyne one ta have as a friend. So I be expectin ta meet ye in Escondido if not before? Not sure what happened in Corona - twas maybe a might excess bit of grog that weekend. Could it be that I missed meetin ye there? :wub:

Barbados Sam well met ye are it seems and I too welcome ye to this here scurvy lot o' Pirates, privateers, buccaneers and lusty wenches, meself being new to the group I'll buy ye a round at the bar. What ye be avin? Rum from Barbados? I hopes to see you at Ojai...although I could ave meet ye at Port Corona. I be the red-head that was auctioned off there.

May the wind be at yer back, yer tankard ful O grog and yer treasure chest always full.

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Aye Scarlett, I did meet ye at Corona. How could I fergit such a beautiful lass as yerself? Me crewmate Killian brought ye by ar humble camp fer a spell. Such beautiful eyes ye have lass. Hope ta be seein' ye again soon. Will ye be sailin' t' Escondido in October?

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Dearie O course ye'll be seein me at Escondido. Wouldna miss an event so close to me own home port.

What a sweet thing ye be to be saying such nice things about me eyes, ( imagine me battin em at ye ) the better to see you with me dear... ( as a wolf howls in the background. LOL ) :lol:

Pull up a stool and join me and me friends at the bar, I jest had Ray open a new casket o Guinnes for us all. :lol:

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Scarlet, pay ye no never mind ta' Diego. Would be a pleasure ta' gaze across a casket full o' guinness at ye. Ray, commence ta' pourin' lad....it may take a bit o' time ta fill 'er up....and Diego, feel free ta give us a hand empty'n the vessel once it's filled.....will ye be sailin' down ta Escondido too?

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

HUZZAH :ph34r: I no longer be a Bidge Rat !!! Ray, might this new Deck Swabber buy a round fer' me mates? Cheers :ph34r:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg