Firefly

blackjohn

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a borrowed Firefly boxed set sitting on my coffee table waiting for me to find two seconds to watch it. I've been told good things.

Watch it with friends. Watching it alone is fun and fine, but the experience is magnified with other people.

The Utah Browncoats are gearing up for a shindig in February.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Showing my geeky side here, but it's not my fault. My sister dragged me to it.

I just saw the cutest little 5 year old Malcom Reynolds at the Phoenix ComicCon this weekend. Yea, I know, I don't know if I would let a 5 year old watch Firefly either, but it wasn't my kid. His dad was so proud of him, you couldn't help but smile.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I love it!!!!!

I started watching the box set with the boyfriend Monday night. I've been working pretty late all week and watching Firefly when I get home is giving me something to look foward to. It's sort of my light at the end of the tunnel this week.

We've been watching a few episodes everynight and I think we only have one disk left.

Then we'll re-watch Serenity.

How could they cancel such an awesome show!?!?!?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone heading out to Dragon Con the weekend after next will be in for a treat. At least four of the Firefly Cast (Mal, Wash, Inara, Kaylee) will be there. Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk (Mal and Wash) are very recent additions

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone heading out to Dragon Con the weekend after next will be in for a treat. At least four of the Firefly Cast (Mal, Wash, Inara, Kaylee) will be there. Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk (Mal and Wash) are very recent additions

Ok, lets see if this is working... hmmm... so far, so good!

Anyone licked any bulkheads lately???

:lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Sweet!

Too bad there is such a huge distance between Maryland and Utah because I bet we'd have fun hanging out, eating bacon, kicking back and playing some games, etc.

Aye. That we would. Just pray heavily for the Colonial Navy project to take off and maybe I'll be out there more often then not.

• 4 weeks later...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

What a coincidence! An online friend of mine gave me a link to watch Firefly about 2 months ago. I had never heard of it, but he told me it was like a piratey type show and asked me to watch it. Here's the link:

http://www.veoh.com/tv-shows/Fox-Firefly

I watched every one of them over a period of a week. It was fun :D

ArellaSig.jpg

"The Wind will carry me, beyond me wildest dreams"

• 1 month later...

OK So I just found this thread... Thanks Black John!!

And know there are folks out there who might also be interested in some of the topics and opinions...

Ironically Black John... My buddies and i also used to play traveller also... We would usually use Bladerunner type worlds... ANd then end up running to the border worlds to get away from whom ever wanted our hides!!!

They also had a random encounter listed as Flying Grazers, whom we use like a Reavers... except they were more of a psycho punk cult.... Those were the good old days!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Ha! I knew I was in good company!!! Right now a good 95% of my goofing off time is being devoted to Traveller!!! During lunch I plan on rolling up some High Guard characters.

:lol:;) ;)

Speakin' of shiny... take a gander...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39205

Now if that ain't that a beautiful chart, I don't know what is!

My Home on the Web

Pics of a few of my old 15mm Traveller minis...

deckplan013.jpg

And an old deck plan of a far trader that I drew in... 1983?

deckplan001.jpg

Most of our Traveller campaigns read just like Firefly stories. A group of hardy adventurers in an old rust bucket starship try to make a living while avoiding the law and getting in an occasional gunfight.

I don't remember if I mentioned it earlier in this thread or not, but we were (about a year or two ago) playing the Serenity rpg. I am to say the system wasn't all that user friendly. Or maybe we're used to a more solid set of rules. I don't know. The last few days I've been thinking about trying to kick-start it to life, but switching over to Traveller as a more user friendly set of rules. I suspect some of my players will balk at the idea (they've been really enjoying D&D4e), but I'm itching for some scifi action!

My Home on the Web

Ha! I knew I was in good company!!! Right now a good 95% of my goofing off time is being devoted to Traveller!!! During lunch I plan on rolling up some High Guard characters.

:lol:;) ;)

Speakin' of shiny... take a gander...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39205

Now if that ain't that a beautiful chart, I don't know what is!

That poster (double sided, she is) is a beaut. On thinkgeek.com she's 5 bucks cheaper too!

Found another set of Firefly posters there...these are too cool.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/posters/ad49/

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I purchased an old Thermos cooler from a U.S. veteran at a garage sale a few weeks back. The guy I bought it from gave me the full history of the thing and its many travels around the world on the back of an APC. As he put it..

"It wasn't a regulation cooler, but once I painted, what could they say...?"

The beauty of the thing is that it was already wonderfully weathered, while remaining in very sturdy shape overall. I've added a few Chinese markings and various strips of lettering to give the impression that it has been tagged at customs checkpoints on several worlds. I'll be adding some inspection tags labeled with specific planet, moon and port names. The nicest thing about it is the fact that all of my other boxes and books fit snugly inside for easy transport off-world.

Cooler.jpg

Cooler2.jpg

Stuff.jpg

The contents of the box, minus the Serenity Valley Map by Ben Mund (QMx version), include:

-Serenity Blueprints Reference Pack by Geoffrey Mandel and Timothy Earls.

-The Firefly Companion Volume One

-The Serenity Companion

-The Serenity Role Playing Game

-A screen used bill from Geoffrey Mandel

-Alliance currency from QMx by Geoffrey Mandel

-Copies of the Firefly Series Bill by Ben Mund (Whitefall)

-Copies of Firefly inspired bills by Sith Sheriff Brody

-Copies of 1,000 Alliance credit bill by Namebrand

-Copies of my own Alliance bills inspired by Geoffrey Mandel in denominations of 1,10 and 50 credit notes as well as fractional paper currency in 5ths and 10ths

-Mixed paper currency and coin from mainland China, Israel, Russia, Korea and Jordan.

-The Jayne hat my wife made for me.

-Various other non-cannon props, i.e. knife, goggles, flask and my two smaller Firefly boxes with Serenity Builders Plates faithfully recreated by Namebrand from the designs by Geoffrey Mandel.

Aces!

You rock dude!

I want to party on your spaceship!

I've forwarded this pic to the missus. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it too. I may just have to buy her some Alliance money for Xmas. I've contemplated getting her the series on bluray. The show looks pretty good in hidef.

My Home on the Web