Hurricane Dennis

At 11 a.m. ET, a hurricane watch was issued for all of the Florida Keys and Florida Bay. In addition, a tropical storm watch was issued for all of the southern Florida Peninsula from Golden Beach southward on the east coast and south of Bonita Beach on the west coast.

To prepare for the hurricane's arrival in the United States, a mandatory evacuation was ordered Thursday for all nonresidents in the Florida Keys, said Monroe County, Florida, Senior Emergency Manager Billy Wagner.

Deja vu! Sounds like last year... a shame for anyone heading to Key West for the weekend or for their vacation.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Yup, we got gyped out of our trip along the panhandle last year for exactly this reason. And there this very weekend we were going to try again, this time starting in the panhandle and toodling down along the gulf coast to the keys. Grumble.

Last year we ended up veering west to hit New Orleans and then Galveston instead to get our beach fix. Looks like we might need to do that again.

Here's to last minute changes in plans ;)

I AM BILGEMUNKY

That's mighty aggravatin', Bilgemunkey. ;) Very upsetting to set your sights on something and the weather wrecks it all, just when yer planning on doing it.

This Dennis looks to be a bugger, fer sure. It's goin' to hit some of the folks on our list; let's hope it weakens considerably before it makes U.S. landfall. :)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

being in northeast pa, i get to look forward to a lot of rain the beginning of the week!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

The weather forecasters keep shifting predictions as to whether it's going to hit (hardest) closer to Pensacola, FL, or Biloxi, MS.

Being here in New Orleans, I am usually annoyed with weather forecasting of incoming hurricanes, and this time is no exception: but for opposite reasons. Usually they're panicking people with an end-of-the-world scenario about a Category 5 heading straight up the Mississippi River and dumping 5 feet of water throughout the metro area. They end up scaring people into leaving their relatively secure homes, and sitting out the hurricane in their cars on the interstate because they can't all depart the city in time.

This time, they've got the danger already passed, without any damage being done in New Orleans. Only problem is: the hurricane hasn't even made landfall!

"Weathermen is all swabs" :lol:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"