Pirates of the West Coast

With the romance of the golden age of piracy gone. The myth of pyracy's freedom, sacrifice and the democratic dedication of a ships crew being the most important and common goal, history becomes real and that which is a pirates life becomes everything and more within the minds eye as each character unlocks their own dream of freedom on the sea of sacrifice and truth.

Welcome to the Watch Dog. A ship casted by a choice selection for those posters here on the pub in need of more than the appetizer threads in existance. This is an unscripted play. A play where each crew members' different personality (much the same as that on a ship in period and with accurate accountability to historical authenticness) takes you where the interactions and events as they unfold lead us into a position of real freedom on the sea as free pirates. Staged in a democratic forward stay, we work together, we fight, gain cargo, port, party and sell the aquired gains for profit. Becoming a living breathing entity in the free world of pirates as one team, with a common goal, all working together and in so doing actually playing together creating a script a screenplay if you will where the real is as real as it can get both in application and direction. A first, the maiden voyage.....

There are many posts needed to be filled. As you see most all of the officers posts are with character befitting the catigory of eachs strengths and that too be the benifit of this ships success. Be with us a seaman, a gunner, a lookout, a boarding teamate of marines, or and archer fighting for our one common goal. Syber pirates where prisoners do not exist and an early wealthy retirement is certain.

Captain William Red Wake is our captain and he's been watching and seeing hows the fit. A better re-enactment leader you'll not find. Lets get down and party pirate style! God bless this historical sailing.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• 2 weeks later...

The amazing thing is that the whole thing is moving along quite well as I see it. Officers address your lists of needs for the up and coming days (two weeks) so as to keep a lively look about our complete and total disarray. It be in the best interest that when we are all (and it's happened twice) on the ship together and the frequency of posts are exceeding the time frame to allow any what-so-ever reading of them! Does youz all understand what I mean? Instead of going on to a next or what has turned out to be an out of sequence post, please go back to your original post and edit it so as to include any new direction or misdirection a post made in between your finding the right words allowed and the other beat you in. Like a following post might have answered an addressed question during the passion and furry of the all together taking part experience. I hope that I'm understood?

I'd also like to see a little smaller pictures, signatures and avatars on all of our posts as they are taking up a valuable asset (space) in that we could get so many more posts to page without them being so large, I myself am removing half of my quotes and taking the gap out from between the remaining two. Terms used in this century like totally, awesome, dude, and in a few are out of period. Put on your game faces! We have now gotten our own thread here and we need to putin an effort to bring into the ship some additional crew members for the purpose of gunners, seamen and marines. I would hope that each of you might ask an able re-enactment friend or pub regular (preferably a pub member). I easily could have overlooked many on the many more or like in Christine's explanation she never comes to these threads in the pub and she had no idea we were even doing this! Introduce a friend, please, preferably one with weaponry and or re-enactment interests (one with class and an ability to role play is certainly a major plus).

You are all the kindest of mates any minister of death could ask for and truly all I did was ask you to come along and play.

Historically correct by design.

In period the "Golden Age of Piracy"

Pretty much thems the rules so far.........

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• 3 weeks later...

ANOUNCEMENT

We have recently run into the problem of "time" aboard the Watch Dog. To give us a structure of regular time we are attempting the following schedule. Please adhere to it as much as possible. If the suspension of time becomes an issue, we shall announce a change at that time, but for now, this is the way that days will play out aboard the Watch Dog.

Each week shall be played out as two days. Every day shall be a combination of watches equal to eight hours, except weekends, which are a total of eight hours.

Sunday -

The Middle Watch (12:00 AM - 4:00 AM)

Monday -

Morning Watch (4:00 AM - 8:00 AM)

Forenoon Watch (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM)

Tuesday -

Afternoon Watch (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

1st Dog Watch (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM)

2nd Dog Watch (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)

Wednesday -

First Watch (8:00 PM - 12:00 AM)

Middle Watch (12:00 AM - 4:00 AM)

Thursday -

Friday -

Saturday -

I know this may be confusing at first, but hang in there. We'll all get it.

THIS SCHEDULE BEGINS MONDAY AUGUST 15TH.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

ANOUNCEMENT

Sunday -

The Middle Watch (12:00 AM - 4:00 AM)

Monday -

Tuesday -

Wednesday -

Middle Watch (12:00 AM - 4:00 AM)

Thursday -

Friday -

Saturday -

I know this may be confusing at first, but hang in there. We'll all get it.

THIS SCHEDULE BEGINS MONDAY AUGUST 15TH.

Does standard time matter?

Meaning, West Coast VS East Coast time?

My watch could come while most are away from the cyber-sea . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Capital idea, Cap'n...

We must used what we have....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Attention Ships Tailor/SailMaker!!!!

Eventually you need to make a flag for the WatchDog so we may sail into Fort Royal... We had wanted a French Naval Flag, and as luck would have it said flag is just a field of white, no Fleur-de-leis... That was reserved for Royalty only in our time frame...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

We had wanted a French Naval Flag, and as luck would have it said flag is just a field of white, no Fleur-de-leis... That was reserved for Royalty only in our time frame...

Ahoy here, mate!..altho I sail on the 'real time' type of ship, ye'd best check the accuracy of such bold statements, as, although a white ensign was sometimes used, the official ensign for two very long time periods, but for sure from 1638 until 1790, was a white field with many a 'fleur...Give a looke, eh?

The Real Deal on a French Ensign

B)

ROYALISTE ON Skull Creek, Off Port Royal Sound, Deep in Pirateland...........

Aye Royaliste,

The field of Fleus on white is a nice, Royal Navy flag...

I have looked at many sources and there is the debate of what is the most proper... I have seen the flag you pointed me to, one with just a large Fleur-de-leis in the center, and one of just a plain white field...

http://www.allstates-flag.com/fotw/flags/f...mon.html#navens

And taken from another site;

http://tmg110.tripod.com/france1.htm

NAVAL ENSIGNS & FLAGS

Prior to the eighteenth century, the French King's ships flew a wide variety of flags, including the Banner of France (blue with three gold fleurs-de-lis) and flags with blue, red and white fields strewn with gold fleurs-de-lis. By 1700, however, a plain white flag was specified as the basic ensign of the Royal French Navy. Up to 1748, the galley fleet in the Mediterranean was separate from the sailing navy, and its ensigns were predominantly red.

The royal flag, white, strewn with gold fleurs-de-lis and displaying the full royal arms, was usually flown at sea only when the King or a member of his family was present on board ship, though individual ships and officers may also have been permitted to wear it as a special mark of royal favor. The plain white ensign also served as the admirals' rank flag. Full admirals displayed it at the mainmast, vice-admirals at the foremast and rear-admirals at the mizzenmast. There was also a white broad pennant for commodores. For large fleets divided into squadrons, the admirals of the van displayed a flag horizontally divided, white over blue, admirals of the center squadron displayed the white flag, and admirals of the rear squadron had plain blue flags.

So... For our purposes, the plain white field is the way to go....

I appreciate any and all info on the matter! :lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Writers of the Wathc Dog...

Please pay attention to the timeline... as we have slowed during the Holiday Season William & I have advanced the clock quite a bit...

Thankee Kindly....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

One other note of instruction to writers on the Watch Dog.

Some of the characters who are used primarily as "extras" or "non-player characters" do not have an excellent good grasp of the English language. A full third of the new Dutch recruits have no conversational English whatsoever. Please keep this in mind when writing.

Learning a language, even when immersed in it, can take many months and up to several years to master. Conversational language is seldom learned in under six months.

Ajayi, who came aboard ship only in the past few weeks, did not come aboard with a grasp of conversational English, and while it is true that he understands more than he can say, his language is limited. He speaks two dialects from his Yoruban origins and some conversational Arabic, but his English may take him some time.

This will be true of the Dutch aboard, especially those who are only now beginning to learn the English language. A good third of the new recruits speak English very well, some without a noticable accent, but most, if not all of the rest, have only some grasp of it or none at all.

Please keep this in mind. When the crew rosters are finalized at Martinique, the character biographies will include languages and proficiencies in those languages for each character and non-player character.

Thank you.

-William Brand, Captain

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Nay it was not deleted, it was in the West coast Forum and when I found it I asked Stynky to make a sub forum thinking ye wanted it..Ye said ye wanted it deleted..so do ye or do ye not want it deleted because Im now quite confused...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I do believe we want it gone, deleted, pushin' up th' daisies...

The Watch Dog isn't a ghost ship...

I'm not one for eatin' brains... not even if they be chilled monkey brains...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

I hear TwIlliGht zONe MuSic.... nnener nnener

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 months later...